Story Contest

Undead_Lives

Bah, WoW sucks!
But I promised I wouldn't be prejudicial, so you won't be docked marks from me :p
And if Flad does it he's fired :p
(not really, but he won't so I can joke about that :p)

Werbung:

Fladian

Basing it on WoW is practically the same as basing it on Warcraft, so, I don't really see much of a problem. Unless if you meant that you want to write as if someone is playing WoW, which is something I would like to read... sounds interesting enough.

I mentioned to a few people that I am writing a new story, not necessarily related to the Story Contest. I also promised I'll have it finished before wednesday.

Thursday

What i said is its more based in the time... WoW is still WC3 but its at a later date (WoW Timeline..)

But its not so WoW type... it still has warcraft, and that whats its about

Undead_Lives

Well, ANOUNCEMENT!
The Contest has been pushed back to the 31st! So, don't worry about getting you're stories in on this Sunday, now you have to the (very) end of the month!
I did this to increase the quality of the contest, hope you all enjoy the new date!
The contest will not be pushed back further. That is all.

Kem Rixen

I've made some good progress on my story, I probably would've had it done by Sunday, but the 31st is even better. Ummm, lets see...oh yes, I could probably be a judge if you still need one, I won't be able to be at the forum, but if I grab them all at once I could probably get through them all in a day or two during school time. I'll be back on the forum sometime tomorrow, so get back to me on this as soon as you can.

Undead_Lives

I'd be glad to have you as another judge Kem.
Just review what the rating system is (and maybe the post of mine on "My Thoughts") and then you're good to go.
This means I don't just have to please Flad :p

Fladian

The 31-deadline gives me an additional five days. In truth, I don't think I'll be able to produce too much quality in those days, but I should be able to put something together.

The calendar, however, is not changed (yet). I got an error when I tried to edit it, so I'll try it again later when I'm home. If that doesn't work, I'll contact Arkidas about it.

Kem, don't expect everything to be short. Many people announced that they will write something quite "long." I doubt you'll face something like If, and only if in terms of length though.

Thursday

Well, ANOUNCEMENT!
The Contest has been pushed back to the 31st! So, don't worry about getting you're stories in on this Sunday, now you have to the (very) end of the month!
I did this to increase the quality of the contest, hope you all enjoy the new date!
The contest will not be pushed back further. That is all.
[/b]

Now i can right some epic stuff for the story which is currently 3 paragraphs xD

Im workin on it though... I think i may have it be a trilogy

Fladian

The calendar has been updated to the 31 of May and the best of luck to everyone who is still writing. I highly suggest to write the way you prefer to write.

As people know, from today on, I'll be studying, so my posts will likely decrease some more, but now the chances might be higher than I'll make some progress with the original story I was planning to write. Writing still calms me like it did many years ago, and that might just be a missing factor that I have. If I can calm myself during the studying, it would be a nice touch to it.
Though it would probably be better if I start a new story to get "calm" though. I've proven to others and myself more than once that my concentration is questionable in my current condition. That wouldn't really be improving my current story that way, as you may understand. Maybe I'll start a small story about a day from my life... :p

Kem Rixen

Kem, don't expect everything to be short. Many people announced that they will write something quite "long." I doubt you'll face something like If, and only if in terms of length though.
[/b]
For some reason I can't stand reading walls of text on the computer, but if printed out I really have no problem. As long as nothing is longer than 25 pages in size 12, I think I'll be fine.

Fladian

It took me five weeks to write about three different events. When looked around at my class at school, or a specific other class (where I was part of last year, I still have contact with most), they all told me that they wrote either one or two pages. I'm at the glorious number of: '43' (shorted it today to 42) which exceeds the maximum a bit. ("Write between a minimum of 8 pages and a maximum of 12 pages, excluding the enclosure." Never say that to someone who writes for a hobby. :p)
When I'm interested in writing something and my remakes of my exams are over (coming monday and tuesday), I'll probably give it a final shot. Depending on my mood at that current time it will be long or short. Twentyfive pages is not an uncommon amount for me when I'm eager to write - which I have been for the last couple of days, mind you, I just have to focus on my remake exams first though. Despite that If, and only if is the longest I've ever posted, it does not mean that I never wrote anything of the same size before. I never posted all my work. =) And probably never will. I won't deny the fact that If, and only if is the longest I've ever made.

I'm pretty sure there are more people, who've joined the contest won't have too much trouble to hit the twenty five, Kem. ^^ Better be careful.

As for not being able to read "walls of text" on a forum... well, that's no real problem for me. I mentioned earlier that I tend to read quite a lot of online stories (with one of them being my favorite in specific), in which most of them are the size of If, and only if at a minimum. I've read more that are longer - but not necessarily more interesting. So, therefore, I don't really have any trouble to read big amounts of text, as long as they aren't painful for the eyes. Some parts of "text" makes me lose my interest when I just look at it. That could be because the grammar is extremely bad, the size of the text is terrifying, it has an annoying or irritating color or perhaps it is of a subject that I hold no interest in. Besides those reasons, I tend to read just about everything.

Undead_Lives

When the time is close to the end of the contest, I will contact you (Flad and Kem) as to how the judging will work.
Right now I'm thinking we'll just use PM's.

Werbung:

Fladian

Before too long, it's best if you give us some specific dates you will contact us. Kem mentioned earlier that he has been busy lately, and that it likely won't change. I'm quite busy as well, especially the next few days as most people know. How the situation is going to unfold after that just changed a few minutes ago.
What I am trying to say is that (I'm speaking for myself) that I have to look for an opening now in my nearly overful agenda. That you'll pick a date I won't be home has quite the possiblities, which will probably count the same for Kem as well.

Thanks.