Story Contest

Werbung:

Fladian

Four, according to my calendar.

I better get to work too... it's unfortunate that I placed so many higher priorities than the Story Contest earlier. I guess I should be satisfied that I managed to get them all to end now... well, except for one of them, of course. (or two, however you want to see it)

Ideas to write about are spinning throughout my head, but I can't get them on paper well. That has been the case for a little while now and I was hoping that it would all be the result of an "overdosis of stress." I'm not sure if I can say if that it is true, or not. You see, despite that I got an end on just about all problems I had, there is still one (giant) problem remaining. I was thinking of using that problem as inspiration to write, as the problem could be somewhat similar to what my story is about - but that's pure arrogance. How the situation might end up with is of no importance to myself, but as long as it isn't solved, it's important to me. I must be stupid for doing this though...
Bah! I hope I can get something together in such a short time then.

Fladian

Well, looks like the contest is coming to an end. Tomorrow is the last day to complete and send it in, I guess.
Funny how little I finished in that amount of time. Maybe it's because I don't like writing because I am ordered to. I take requests, but I don't take orders lightly, it seems.

'Whatever walks here... walks alone,' will be the best I've ever produced and maybe will ever make, but it will not be my entry for the contest anymore. I want to spend some more time on it instead of quickly finishing it just for a "stupid countest." The contest never really had a high priority for me but it's true that it dropped quite a few priority-ranks when the end (before it was extended) was nearing. There were some things appearing in my private life that were hard on the stomach and eventually resulted in the death of living beings, though it looks like most people involved in that situation took it better than expected; despite that I was in pretty bad shape because of it and developed a short temporary writer's block because of it.
Luckily, all those problems pretty much ended (sort of) and my life is back to how it was supposed to be... and maybe even better (or more screwed up, depends on how you look at it) than before.
After I got 18, I managed to keep myself to all my promises. I am hesitating if I should keep myself to an old promise as well. I doubt many people know what I am talking about now though...

Anyway... I'm not really in the mood to write today and I want to get a few (minor) things straight with a few people. That's my top priority at the moment. Therefore, I'll create and finish something tomorrow when I'm home from work. I'm at the Control/Analyse department tomorrow, so I'm sure I have some time to think of a decent little concept. The work-pressure isn't too high at that section.
For those who think I won't be able to produce anything, well, they're wrong. If I really don't manage to get anything in time, then I'll shoot an older story of mine out of my closet. I have a bunch of unfinished stories in a little document out here. Truth is that I tried to continue them, but never found the right way to do it. Thinking of a good way to continue is what I'll be doing tomorrow in the early morning and afternoon, seeing as I won't be able to have much of a computer available at work to write with.

Right, um... good luck to those who are still writing. I hope to read some of your stories when I'm waiting for the bus friday, so don't let me down... 'kay? You see, it's quite boring to wait for the bus on your own while only listening to the Top 40 in the mean time. Last week it was filled for more than 40% with songs I am not too fond of, and I doubt much has changed this week. So, do me a favor; make my day. ^^

An other note I would like to make. I won't be able to read all stories in one day. In opposite of Kem - who mentioned that not long after the forum was created - I have quite a long attention-span, but I don't have the time to make proper use of it. I have a half an hour to read at work and about two hours on friday when I'm waiting for the bus (and/or train).
In order to get the best possible judgement, I'll discuss some of the stories with two friends of mine, if I feel like it. One of them is not familiar with stories, the other one is familiar with just about all stories of mine. She reads faster than that I write and I'm a little hesitant to send 'If, and only if.' :p But then again... who actually believed the fact that I would only base everything on my own opinion. :p

Undead_Lives

I have some unfortunate news...
I'm about to lose my monitor. When exactly, I'm unsure of. However, it is coming soon.
I hope it's delayed until at least after the contest so I can access the forums.
If that fails, then I will use the school computers to my advantage and try to work around this.
Also, since I have not completed my story yet, if the monitor is gone by tomorrow, then so is my entry.
So, I've just got to hope that the monitor stays for a while :p

Fladian

Well, that is a problem easily fixed, Undead. Save the story on the school's hard disk or on something else temporarily.

As for judging the stories of others, do the same as I will. Print them.

Kem Rixen

Sorry for getting back to you so late, I still can judge and should have my story up before tonight is over (it's almost 8PM here). Sorry to hear about everyones problems, hope you can all work through them. I've been very lattely and haven't had time to visit...

Kem Rixen

Story almost done, didn't get to work last night because my dad didn't take his insulin on time so he was really out of it and I needed to be with him. On the brighter side of things, I saw a doctor for my hand and I don't need surgery, unfortunatly that means its probably going to take a year or so to heal...

If te story isn't up in two to three hours it probably won't show up as I have a ton of schoolwork as well.

Fladian

Well, good luck with your hand nonetheless, Kem. There isn't much else I could say about that.

Well, like I said in my earlier post, I won't have 'Whatever walks here... walks alone' finished on time, so I'll start on something else. To be exact, I'll start on it in a few hours. I can't write well right after dinner. Don't ask why, I never really thought about it. I really am quite hopeless right after dinner.

Therefore, something should probably pop up in a few hours or so... if I'm really into it, I might just push against the edge of the day to finish it, though that will depend on who decides to come online today at MSN. :p
Not to mention that I heard what my assignment tomorrow at work is... man, I hate archives.

*burp*
Well, I'm off...

Fladian

I think I mentioned it in my previous post that I have archive work tomorrow. I already had some today - and some a month or two ago - and it did drain me more than I thought.

I've tried to write something, but it looks pretty bad. Therefore, without any hesitating, I'll retreat as contestant from the Story Contest. I'll remain as a judge.
The situations that unfolded around me during the past two months were too much for me to handle and also lead to quite a lot of trouble to my life. In order to get me relaxed, I tried to write, which worked quite well. But it doesn't look I can catch my normal level of writing in this state, nor can I write well on command.

So I repeat, I won't post anything as an entry.

Werbung: