MooCow's PC Build Log

Jordan B

9500GT's and GT220's were very similar on paper, but the GT220 has some changes in the architecture. Unfortunately since it's the DDR2 version not the DDR3 GT220, a 9500GT will outperform it by a little. If you don't plan on gaming on it, it should be good enough.

I DO plan on gaming on it, it's good enough to run Assassins Creed, and COD MW2, but not GTAIV and FarCry2 on good settings.

Heck, I only play Combat Arms 98% of the time, and it's going to max out CA easily.

9500GT is a really good graphics card in my book, especially since I'm used to a GMA 900 and a 7800GT. So even if this isn't quite as good. . . yea.

So..... yea, it's perfect for me.

Combat Arms will run perfect on it, and so will CS:S, and Garrys Mod, and A.V.A, so ya know.... In my opinion it's fine.

Only slight worry is that it's an ASUS, are they a reliable brand ?

I'm getting it from Harvey Norman in New Zealand.

Other slight worry is the processor, Dual Core 2.1GHz. Meh, it's fine for me. It's still gonna be a "gaming" laptop in the sense I that I will game on it, however basically the only game I'm playing on it is Combat Arms. I've repeated myself alot, but you see my point.

For the record I basically game in 1024x768 in basically any game, with med/high settings.

If a 7300LE can run CS:S and Garrys mod fine, I'm sure this can. And if it can run them.... My point being, I think the 1GB GT220m will do just fine. For me, at least.
:thumbup:

Werbung:

MooCowMan

I don't hear too many bad things about ASUS laptops. I would buy one myself if I had extra money lol, one question.. what's your price range?

Jordan B

I've made up my mind, don't try and change it ;)

I'm buying it today, or tomorrow. My price range *was* 1,500 - 1,700 somewhere around there.

ASUS are basically it when it comes laptops. Regardless of what you hear, they're pretty much the most respected notebook company in the world. Something like 1 out of every 3 home PC's (regardless of brand) have ASUS parts in them. Or something like that.

Anyway, they're respected .

=/

Roger117

very nice setup, may I ask what scores you get on Windows experience? lol

Mine are

CPU: 6.8
RAM: 4.5
Graphics: 3.9 [Boo!! lol]
Gaming Graphics: 5.8
HDD Transfer Rate: 5.1

Still haven't gotten around to getting the benchmarking tools lol

Same lol. My GPU failed me :(. I would have gotten 5.9

Everything was around 5.8-6.4 Stupid 4350.

Funny thing my brother computer got 5.2 for lowest - disk transfer. And Let me ask, Is WD Green the most basic model?

I DO plan on gaming on it, it's good enough to run Assassins Creed, and COD MW2, but not GTAIV and FarCry2 on good settings.

Heck, I only play Combat Arms 98% of the time, and it's going to max out CA easily.

9500GT is a really good graphics card in my book, especially since I'm used to a GMA 900 and a 7800GT. So even if this isn't quite as good. . . yea.

So..... yea, it's perfect for me.

Combat Arms will run perfect on it, and so will CS:S, and Garrys Mod, and A.V.A, so ya know.... In my opinion it's fine.

Only slight worry is that it's an ASUS, are they a reliable brand ?

I'm getting it from Harvey Norman in New Zealand.

Other slight worry is the processor, Dual Core 2.1GHz. Meh, it's fine for me. It's still gonna be a "gaming" laptop in the sense I that I will game on it, however basically the only game I'm playing on it is Combat Arms. I've repeated myself alot, but you see my point.

For the record I basically game in 1024x768 in basically any game, with med/high settings.

If a 7300LE can run CS:S and Garrys mod fine, I'm sure this can. And if it can run them.... My point being, I think the 1GB GT220m will do just fine. For me, at least.
:thumbup:

One tiny piece of advice.

Don't run Combat with Bloom. It looks terrible. Tried it on my laptop, It looked really bright and blurry. Medium is good, but not high.

I hope you know MW2, they're gonna charge you for DLC. Pretty much pay for new maps. Damn IW.

Jordan B

Yeah lol, I never turn on Bloom effect. When I said max out, I basically meant highest res with all settings on high.

Bloom effect is annoying.

MW2, is the DLC a must ?

BTW : The laptop I'm getting tomorrow gets a 6.2 in the Windows Experience for Gaming Graphics.

=)

Scores pretty highly in most of them actually. For the price, it surpasses many more expensive laptops. It's kind of a really good bargain. =P

Roger117

Nah I think its not. I think what happens is when you get to a map which is DLC, you just don't play - or get kicked.

BUT

Seeing how MW2 had cracked online play/online play without Steam, I'd be on my toes for a "leaked" DLC patch for MW2 Thanks to trusty game crackers.

MooCowMan

Soo.. which one of you lovely mods or super mods would like to update my OP? :D Please and thank you

I would like my PSU changed to "OCZ StealthXStream 700w" instead of Logisys 480w

I would like this picture at the top and centered
ProjectNeverender.png

Link: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq253/Hell_Gamer/ProjectNeverender.png

This picture to replace the original picture
100_3052.jpg

Link: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq253/Hell_Gamer/100_3052.jpg

and this below that picture
ProjectNeverenderLook.png

Link: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq253/Hell_Gamer/ProjectNeverenderLook.png

I've made a final decision on the case mod I'm gonna do, and it's gonna be that. Each big hole will have a 120mm fan in it, the 3 small circles on the outside will have acrylic panels, and the middle circle will be 2 circles cut the same as the outside, but doubled up with clear adhesive so I can then take an acrylic triangle and glue it to the top of the them, so I can have an elevated look on the triangle. The white will be brushed on the acrylic and case to make the grungy swirl affect. All LED's will be white or red. For those of you who don't know, this is a Coheed and Cambria case :D

I'm still gonna get the Rosewill destroyer while I do this case :thumbup:

MooCowMan

Did it yesteday, I got my pinky and index finger at the same time! Sneezed while showing my brother something and my hand just went right into the fatal1ty and rear case fan haha

Werbung: