MooCow's PC Build Log

Master_7

Here is my current setup:

My PC = Built by me:
Processor: Core 2 Duo - E8400 3.0ghz (OCd to 4.01 on air stable)
MotherBoard: EVGA 750i FTW
RAM: Corsair Dominator PC-8500 4gb
Video Card: EVGA GTX-285 1gb
PSU: BFG 650

My Aquamark score: 241,500
3dVantage DX10 (performance): 15699

Werbung:

MooCowMan

very nice setup, may I ask what scores you get on Windows experience? lol

Mine are

CPU: 6.8
RAM: 4.5
Graphics: 3.9 [Boo!! lol]
Gaming Graphics: 5.8
HDD Transfer Rate: 5.1

Still haven't gotten around to getting the benchmarking tools lol

spuznick242

You mean bigger hard drive lol memory is those sticks that you insert into the motherboard. I will have nearly a terabyte of HDD space, two 500GB HDD's = 1000GB. Those WD blacks are snappy HDD's and with RAID, I think I will be more than content with my HDD space :) I'm gonna keep my 80GB around too for a media drive.

I barely filled up 2x160GB HDD's on my old computer, I don't think I will fill 1080GB up :D

I would fill up a 1080gbs pretty fast if I didnt clean out my system every now and then. Before I had about 550 music albums, 50 movies, and 15 to 20 games saved to my HDD. I have two 320gb HDD and a 500gb expansion. I would go more, but thats just me, and I save everything to my HDD, but even so IF I had a rig like yours is/going to be, I would go more too only because its pretty nice to be able to save everything on there and not even bother with any disks anymore. But you can always add more if you'd need to later, because it takes time to fill up that much memory, but I'd personally add more right off the start.

MooCowMan

I would fill up a 1080gbs pretty fast if I didnt clean out my system every now and then. Before I had about 550 music albums, 50 movies, and 15 to 20 games saved to my HDD. I have two 320gb HDD and a 500gb expansion. I would go more, but thats just me, and I save everything to my HDD, but even so IF I had a rig like yours is/going to be, I would go more too only because its pretty nice to be able to save everything on there and not even bother with any disks anymore. But you can always add more if you'd need to later, because it takes time to fill up that much memory, but I'd personally add more right off the start.

You lack hard drive management skills :LOL: I won't have near as much stuff on my HDD. I've thought this through and I really don't need more than 1000GB, I don't even need 640GB lol, but.. two Western Digital 500 Caviar Black Hard Drives on a RAID 0 setup is going to increase the overall transfer speed and depending on the program, show anywhere from 5% to 25% increases in transfer rates :thumbup: well, it would do it for other HDD's too, but I picked the 500 caviar blacks specifically cause they're quick as it is and quite cheap. A lot better than buying a 1TB HDD and only have it half as fast.

MooCowMan

Update!

My PSU arrived today :D Installed it and everything works great.

100_3049.jpg

100_3052.jpg

100_3053.jpg

Did a little cable management too, looks better than before. It was a pain in the ass being that my case has very little space behind the MoBo. I think I might need to pick up a slightly wider case to mod.

MooCowMan

Moo, the laptop I'm getting is this, tell me what you think :

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Productinformation/ASUS_K61IC_JX019V__7457160

NVIDIA GT220 M is confusing me, looks to perform like a 9500GT Desktop with lower clock speeds. I don't know.
9500GT's and GT220's were very similar on paper, but the GT220 has some changes in the architecture. Unfortunately since it's the DDR2 version not the DDR3 GT220, a 9500GT will outperform it by a little. If you don't plan on gaming on it, it should be good enough.

Werbung:

MooCowMan

nice anology... didn't know u liked Vettes,,,

Yes, good case... def. should get that one... and good job on the cables..

Vettes, despite being cheap and lacking quality interior are brilliant machines.

and thanks, there's a big bulge on the other side of my case now because the space is VERY tight :glare: lol