% Chance on damage problem

vile

Nope. Vex's system is flawed, it cancels orb effects in the game.

Did you know that Combat - Animation - Damage Point isn't accurate?
As well as backswing point.

I've run a few tests. My hero's damage point is 0.460
When he started attacking, i ran a timer to see how long it takes from his animation till the actual damage
it returned 0.371..

It's a part of my attack damage detection experiment.
Worked quite well.
Since it's on 0.371 that he is damaging, each time he attacks, a timer runs with a duration of 0.370. Leaving it 0.001 second to detect. After its run, on 0.370 it adds the damage event to the target, and destroys it upon execution. An additional timer runs for 0.002 seconds, making sure the trigger is destroyed in case the unit started running or
did not perform his attack.
Works perfectly, just fyi.

Werbung:

Laosh'Ra

When he started attacking, i ran a timer to see how long it takes from his animation till the actual damage
it returned 0.371..[/b]

did u test this with a hero? i belive the 0.460 refers to the length with normal animation speed so some of the frames are skipped if the unit attacks faster(e.g. due to agility (even on lvl1. most heroes start with -2 armor but end up having 0 or 1 at level 1 thanks to their agility) if the unit attacks slower than normal it just repeats certain frames.
thats just a theory though XD

Nope. Vex's system is flawed, it cancels orb effects in the game.

Did you know that Combat - Animation - Damage Point isn't accurate?
As well as backswing point.

it returned 0.371..

It's a part of my attack damage detection experiment.
Worked quite well.
Since it's on 0.371 that he is damaging, each time he attacks, a timer runs with a duration of 0.370. Leaving it 0.001 second to detect. After its run, on 0.370 it adds the damage event to the target, and destroys it upon execution. An additional timer runs for 0.002 seconds, making sure the trigger is destroyed in case the unit started running or
did not perform his attack.
Works perfectly, just fyi.
[/b]
Hey maybe you could make a tutorial out of this, or post the exact trigger so people can learn what you did. (Just a suggestion)

vile

I have no problem with that
But they wouldnt understand anything unless they know jass.
should i go with it anyways?

vile

If you want to detect when a unit is damaged by another unit, you cant detect it if the unit is not pre placed on the map. If you use "on attacked" event, everytime you press STOP it will still fire the trigger.
That's the damage problem.

Xeridanus

I'm not sure if my fast reply got through so i'm retyping it in the normal one.

Of course you shoul make a tute on this, it wouldn't be that long and it might inspire others (like me) to learn JASS. Btw, I've just started my journey to becoming a JASSer with Dealin's tutorial.

vile

It will be hard to make a system out of this
you have to detect a unit's damage point with a timer
and then set your result on the trigger itself.

I will try to make a system out of this and post it.

vile

What is damage point?
[/b]

It's the time taken from the moment you start your attack animation, I.E. axe swing, etc, until
the moment you actually deal the damage itself.

I've made some tests and globally if i use a 0.100 second, it will work fine 99% of the cases.

Werbung:
A

asdl686868

With critical strike I can't detect the damage made by it, and therefore, ic ant add the special effect i need.
Also, triggering the poison wont help. The damager will still be him :/