Modern War Field Tactics

Zergleb

Of all my current projects, this one is my favorite. Alright now the basics first, the game has 5 unit squads controlled by each player, all units(at the moment) are use Konstrukt Marine model but have different weapon attachments. Using terrain as cover(I'm implementing so all terrain affects the battle), you manuever your marines to complete whatever objective for the current game-type.

Before you read further, realize that MOST of what I describe to you is already created and playtested

Now to explian the bread and butter of the game, which is using all of the terrain as cover, this includes hills so I like to explain it as "The ground will stop bullets". So if you have one unit on one side of the hill and another past the hill, when the unit tries to attack the other the hill will stop the bullets(for the warcraft ignorant, arrows and attacks of all types ussually just go straight through terrain) and I've done the same for trees(cannot attack through them) and rocks. But also the Konstrukt model lays prone, so I have also implemented the system to be able to hide behind shorter cover when you are laying down. Also units don't fire with perfect accuracy so if only a little of you is showing, there is more chance an attack will hit ground rather than the unit.

Using a similar system, I also have a unit detection system that wont auto-aquire unit that are not in a line of sight(if vision would be blocked by terrain). But I've altered the aquiring system a bit more by adding a reaction timer, how this works is it looks at certain factors: What angle the unit is facing away from the other unit, is unit prone, is unit moving and that type of thing. So you can try to win battle by doing flanking manuevers and getting the jump on the first shot.

Other than that some features are, use of grenades and smokebombs, a variety of game types(I only have one now for testing), a variety of unit types right now the only difference is variety of strengths and weaknesses(attack speed, move speed, prone advantages) but will later be more of a different roles in the squad unit variety.(Grenades would not damage through terrain, alot like a bullet)

There is actually a good deal already done with this map, but here is a list of things I could use help on.

---

-Terrainer: I could use a terrainer who not only understand making things look good, but has to understand how these things will affect the gameplay(create terrain that sparks intelligent tactical game-play)

//Who can't use these..

-Modelers and Animators: Modeling could be used to create new weapons, effect models, or another more modern looking unit that could just have the Konstrukt animations transfered over. But for the animator, its more of an implementation thing, I could use some animations that really create new game-play ( I refuse to have mortars shooting out of a marines fore-head!!!! )

Even though this is a heavily triggered map, I think I have the JASS end of things covered here. If you are good at JASS you can ask to help, I might have you do something that would be similar to making a spell.

---

Also if anyone knows how I can turn 2d sounds into 3d sounds I would love to know, right now I have the whole idea of a 3d sound triggered using 2d sounds, but the problem, is that it takes importing the sound 3 times to do it(because 2d sounds are not multi-instanceable) btw, 3d sounds are multi-instanceable correct??

Thanks for reading, and helping

P.S. Me map B da PwnZor and a taste of it is like a mouthfull of l33t3Y F14k35. (and whatever else those dang kids(Nubs) are sayin these days.)

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Sounds like it is gonna be a pretty cool map, I like the sound of this, looking forward to playing it, but sadly I cannot help with terrain (which is what I am best at) since I have alot of other stuff on my hands lately.