World Cup 2006

blze

yea slick the ghana game was something to see, could have easily been 5-0. sucks that now i have to pull for the italians but its ok cuz i have their jersey from the '02 world cup, lol.

and yea, what are there, 4 games on thursday? two at 10 and two at 3? i will have to take an early lunch it sounds like. 2nd half will start right at 11.

why did the schedule change? spread out at first so you could see every game and now they are just making sure they get all of teh qualifiers in? since most groups are decided? that cant be, im confused.

Werbung:

slick

Games are at the same time so one games result doesnt influence the other game. Cause if two teams know that they are qualified they wont play as hard........

MeanMugginFool

Oh well, 3 games and out for the US this time around. I have to admit, I was dissapointed by the slow starts and silly mistakes they made. Both Ghana goals were started by mistakes and poor fundamental play by the US, although I still think the PK call was a load of BS. I do believe that the 2 teams that played the best the whole first round in that group advanced though, Ghana is showin they are for real, too bad they pull Brazil in the next round.

Intro

Refs were from Germany and Japan - smells like a conspiracy!

Just kidding, slick. We suck. Italy held up their end of the deal.

Whatever.

slick

Yeah the PK was total BS. I'm surprised cause Markus Merk is one of the best refs in the world at this time.....
Still , the US played soft. I thought they are going to be more agressive....oh well. They don't have any GREAT players so it's just so much you can do......and it's deffinetly time for some drastic changes.
The coach got to go, some younger and better built players are needed. Onyewu deff can not handle the backcourt. He is strong enough ,but he is slow and he needs to foul a lot if hes opponent is fast. etc. etc.

Maybe next time.

Deviant

That PK was one of the WORST calls I've ever seen in a soccer game, and after playing for 12 years and refing for 6, I've seen plenty. Some people said "yea it was BS, you don't call that foul in the box"....what foul? There was no foul on the play, his eyes were on the ball the whole time and his arms weren't even on the guy. I'm not saying it's why we lost or didn't advance, we played soft and I agree with Slick, after the management of this team in Gemany, something's gotta be done about Bruce Arena. We have the players to do well and be respectable, unfortunately most of them decided not to show up. Eddie Lewis played his damn heart out during the Ghana game. Beasely had a spurt, played a beautiful ball...then disappeared. Landon Donovan wasn't himself either. I think it was that gay 4-5-1 we played, even when we were down we played with 5 midfielders and one striker. We played defense the whole time when we should have been playing offense. Poor management....rant done.

MeanMugginFool

Slick, you are absolutely right. We still have not found or developed that big, marquee guy that a lot of these countries have. I think Eddie Johnson has the talent to be a world class striker, but he needs a much better work ethic to get there. Our backline does need a lot of help, especially at leftback, the midfield needs to control play more. Going to be tough filling the gaps that Reyna, Pope, McBride and those guys will be leaving seeming as this is probably their last World Cup.

Now I can look forward to some awesome knockout phase play, I think the Brazil/Ghana matchup could be entertaining, but with Essien missing that match they will be strugs on the backline.

blze

4-5-1, lol, GFG !!!

pk was bad, but we should have been able to overcome. mcbride's header of the post!?!?!??! come on, that and after the big dude from clemson put that header over the goal we just ran out of gas. cant say we deserved to get our ass whooped in the next round by brazil. i like the management ideas you guys brought up, too. that brings up a question: how do you feel about a (ex.) german team being coached by an argentinian manager? like the koreans manager is dutch or something...

i think its stupid but we may have to recruit someone outside of the US for the passion and understanding of the game at the world cup level.

im with you mugs, intensity level goes up a few notches in the next round, should be fun to watch.

Deviant

Did you see how pissed Eric Wynalda was post game? I think he expressed how much he wants Bruce Arena fired because he wants the job himself (yes, he said he wants it).

Werbung: