Wii Ware games to cost $8

Ryano

source

According to Japanese publication Nikkei Business the Wii’s original downloadable games which go under the guise ‘Wii-Ware’ will retail for 1000 yen a game, which roughly equates to $8.

Set to makes its début in 2008 Wii Ware will create a distribution model for bedroom programmers and the like to create their own iconic games and sell them on the Wii. The initial first wave of titles are under the Wii Ware brand are looking more and more likely to comprise of puzzle and educational games according to Nikkei Business.

Well that sounds like a pretty good price for brand new games....What does everyone else think?

Werbung:

GoldenAssassin

I would prefer if the games were free or, if not, only 500 points. 800 points is just to expensive for an amateur title. It looks like I'll only be purchasing the few games that get great reviews.

Ryano

Exactly, the developers are gonna put time into these games so they will be worth all of the 800 points that will be spent on them.

zxcvb2588

ha maybe someone could make like...a MMORPG.
ok probably not since that would take servers and all that other stuff..
but it could happen :p

Squiddy

To anyone claiming this is homebrew: It's not - they're actual downloadable games that are tested, approved and licensed by Nintedo - so if they're approved by the console manufacturer, it doesn't make it homebrew. ;P

Also, 800 Points is a bit steep, but I remember that Reggie Fis-Aime said that all WiiWare games will be priced differently depending on the game, so 800 Points may not be final price. ;)

Sousanator

They way they have explained it, "bedroom programmers" sounds more like a homebrew developer.
I looked into this a bit more and found out its not homebrew-per say, but independent games, such as the games on Xbox Live Arcade, and Playstation Network. So 800 points is a decent price for these types of game.

Werbung: