Nintendo Wii Poised to Become Consumers’ Choice for Next-Generation Gaming Console

hockeyhero

Nintendo Wii Poised to Become Consumers’ Choice for Next-Generation Gaming Console

"TORONTO–(Marketwire - September 12, 2007) - On the heels of the busy retail season, a new report from BrandIntel, a leader in market intelligence solutions, states that Nintendo® Wii is well-positioned to become the consumers’ choice for next-generation gaming, as it appeals to the widely untapped casual gaming audience. The BrandIntel report, titled Top Video Game Console Report: Consumer Insight Monitor, analyzed consumer sentiment and discussion share around next-generation gaming consoles including Sony PlayStation®3 (PS3), Nintendo® Wii and Microsoft® Xbox 360 (Xbox 360). While Xbox 360 currently holds the top spot with hard-core gamers, Wii has the highest intent to purchase scores and is appealing to a broader consumer base due to its price, innovation and ease of use (see chart below).

Based on analysis of consumer-created content, the Top Video Game Console Report captures data from January 1, 2007 to July 24, 2007. Additional key findings from the study include:

– The Nintendo Wii generated very positive levels of appeal and brand
image and came highly recommended by consumers.
– While it generated the least discussion due to its relative maturity,
the Xbox 360 received positive sentiment stemming mostly from an impressive
game lineup, making it the choice console for gaming enthusiasts.
– The PS3 generated high levels of discussion regarding its processing
power and hard drive, but was perceived more negatively than the Wii and
Xbox 360 due in part to its high cost and lack of attractive games.

The BrandIntel Top Video Game Console Report provides research, marketing, communications and customer relationship management executives with actionable information to support decision-making through a better understanding of consumer usage behavior, as well as industry trends and influences. The report highlights the video gaming consoles and manufacturers that have generated the most positive discussion and sentiment in online consumer communities such as blogs, discussion forums and other social media sites on the Internet. For this report, BrandIntel tracked more than 437,000 raw search results on the Internet but refined those results through technological filters and human analysis to utilize only the highest quality data  totaling more than 2,000 consumer mentions on next-generation video gaming consoles. This report follows BrandIntel’s 2006 Top Gaming Consoles Report, which found the Nintendo Wii to have the highest amount of online discussion share and sentiment among the next-generation gaming consoles prior to and after the 2006 holiday season.

“As the console war heats up again for the holiday season, Nintendo has been able to successfully target a new audience of casual gamers which has opened up new marketing and revenue opportunities for the company,†said Alan Dean, V.P. of Business Innovation at BrandIntel. “As the Nintendo Wii moves beyond the hype, consumers are looking for games that can compete with the bigger name titles produced by their competitors.â€ÂÂ

Using award-winning Internet monitoring technology combined with the power of human analysis, BrandIntel detects, analyzes and generates intelligence on tens of thousands of relevant comments about gaming consoles on a daily basis. The company scans the entire scope of the Internet and analyzes the most pertinent content to measure for assigned sentiment scores and share of discussion, rating the physical and emotional value of the results (positive or negative) to produce the relevant categorization records of information in all its reports. As a result, BrandIntel gaming customers are provided with the most reliable data possible to leverage in the decision-making process regarding their brands."

Full link..... http://watchmojo.com/video_games/blog/?p=461

Werbung:

Ryano

RE: Nintendo Wii Poised to Become Consumers’ Choice for Next-Generation Gaming Console

It's an interesting one but even though they say they go through the net and pick up positives and negatives they could still be way off....and whats with all your threads?

JustinGTL

RE: Nintendo Wii Poised to Become Consumers’ Choice for Next-Generation Gaming Console

The wii is not best because of the graphics thats for sure right? its because of its game play and if u ask me its because of the WiiMote. the wiimote has so many sensors that make it different and plus the nunchuck and how it doubles as a controller instead of a pointer if u flip it on its side. The wii mote makes everything possible on the wii!!!

guilherme

With all the stuff Wii has it only could be the best console of all. The only problem is that there aren't so much games, but they will make more.

Squiddy

JustinGTL said:
The wii is not best because of the graphics thats for sure right? its because of its game play and if u ask me its because of the WiiMote. the wiimote has so many sensors that make it different and plus the nunchuck and how it doubles as a controller instead of a pointer if u flip it on its side. The wii mote makes everything possible on the wii!!!

But that's just potential, and most of Nintendo's vision hasn't been realised due to crap third party support.

And I like games with good graphics, and that's just as important as gameplay.

JustinGTL

Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:

But that's just potential, and most of Nintendo's vision hasn't been realised due to crap third party support.

why does it matter if the game play sucks? its like ps3 right now it has good graphics but no ones buying it because no good games. the wii has not very good graphics but out of the three xbox 360 ps3 and wii its #1 in sales. why is that? game play is more important the visuals hands down.

***why does it matter if the "visuals" sucks?***

Squiddy

JustinGTL said:
Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:

why does it matter if the game play sucks? its like ps3 right now it has good graphics but no ones buying it because no good games. the wii has not very good graphics but out of the three xbox 360 ps3 and wii its #1 in sales. why is that? game play is more important the visuals hands down.

That's biased. The PS3 has good titles and you know it.

And you contradicted yourself in that post. You said 'does it matter if gameplay sucks' and then say it's selling because of gameplay. :/

It's selling because people are being fooled into thinking they're not playing a video game. I hate it, at least bring out decent casual games.

JustinGTL

Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:
Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:

And you contradicted yourself in that post. You said 'does it matter if gameplay sucks' and then say it's selling because of gameplay. :/

It's selling because people are being fooled into thinking they're not playing a video game. I hate it, at least bring out decent casual games.

yeah i didnt read it before i posted it i ment visuals im geussing?
***why does it matter if the "visuals" sucks?*** better =] and name some good game for the ps3 and then after u list those games tell my why people are not buying the system to play those games.

Squiddy

JustinGTL said:
Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:
Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:

***why does it matter if the "visuals" sucks?*** better =] and name some good game for the ps3 and then after u list those games tell my why people are not buying the system to play those games.

Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall Of Man, Stranglehold, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword and many more.

It's not selling because the price is high (UK has great offers though) and people aren't used to HD gaming, which I want.

However, the Playstation Network trumps Wii's online outta water.

JustinGTL

Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:
Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:
Squiddy said:
JustinGTL said:

Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall Of Man, Stranglehold, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword and many more.

It's not selling because the price is high (UK has great offers though) and people aren't used to HD gaming, which I want.

However, the Playstation Network trumps Wii's online outta water.

wii's experimenting with online play at the moment u wait it'll happen big. and heavenly sword?? last i checked its not out yet!!! and its a shooter.. a zomby, a racer, and i dont know what warhawk is those all apeal to diferent adences its not selling cus the price yes but also rang of games. wii is a familey system with a wide range of games for everyone not so much with ps3 because its kinda new and because of the HD it takes a while to develope games. and the playstation network is trying to outdo the xbox live package from what i've seen i think it might have potental but we'll also have to wait for that am i right? over all Sony has to make some changes if it wants to sell like the wii or even the 360.

sear69

Well I had a choice when buying a new console, I could have got the PS3 or the Wii, I would have got both but cannot afford both so had to choose one or the other, and I choose the Wii. My reasoning for the decision is that the PS3 is much more expensive and also I feel that the games are more enjoyable on the Wii because you can interact with them more. Who needs great and wonderful graphics when the games are so much fun, and apart from anything else I have compared the graphics on my Wii to the ones on my PS2 and they look pretty much the same, so if people can be happy with the PS2 graphics why is so much fuss being made about the graphics on the Wii?

pstevo123

i have been a nintendo person ever since i can remember, who can resiest mario, or yoshi... but i pre-ordered my wii and got it on release day at midnight... and i was happy with it.. but now there is more games out and the ps3 but i still would have to say if i did not have a console i would still buy a wii.. they are more fun

sear69

pstevo123 said:
i have been a nintendo person ever since i can remember, who can resiest mario, or yoshi... but i pre-ordered my wii and got it on release day at midnight... and i was happy with it.. but now there is more games out and the ps3 but i still would have to say if i did not have a console i would still buy a wii.. they are more fun

Exactly, surely it is the fun that counts and not the graphics, the whole point in playing a game is to get enjoyment from it, therefore I think the Wii is much better than any of the other consoles available

Squiddy

Why do people always assume that just because the game looks good, it means it's rubbish?

Werbung:

Ryano

Squiddy said:
Why do people always assume that just because the game looks good, it means it's rubbish?

That is about the wierdest thing you have ever said....weres the logic in that statement???