Up Tight Motherfuckers. Calm Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hades

CuRRyINaHuRRy said:
"dont lie you quit because your "too good" for us anymore so its boring right?? "

Holy shit man; where do you come up with this?
I for one am NOT an arrogant dick. I have NEVER considered myself to be "too good"; there is always someone better than you. Competitiveness is a part of this game....heck, its part of life. And for the record, I quit because I felt the "fun" was no longer there and my defination of "fun" is no longer affiliated with competitiveness and you of all people should know that. Ultimately, these are just trivial reasons; those who know me are well aware of why I have left the scene. GG.

I agree with curry, dont get me wrong i love playing in punx, but lately the competition has been getting to people's heads. Other day I was on T's, map was cbble and I planted bomb. Ema or "dilEMMA" starts running away so as soon as the bomb goes off i chuck a nade at her and she blows up and i blow up. point is, it was a joke and i was having fun, people were laughing, the point of the pub. She switched teams bitching and ultimatly left the server, saying i was annoying and talked too much.

Werbung:

EMA

Hades said:
CuRRyINaHuRRy said:
"dont lie you quit because your "too good" for us anymore so its boring right?? "

Holy shit man; where do you come up with this?
I for one am NOT an arrogant dick. I have NEVER considered myself to be "too good"; there is always someone better than you. Competitiveness is a part of this game....heck, its part of life. And for the record, I quit because I felt the "fun" was no longer there and my defination of "fun" is no longer affiliated with competitiveness and you of all people should know that. Ultimately, these are just trivial reasons; those who know me are well aware of why I have left the scene. GG.

I agree with curry, dont get me wrong i love playing in punx, but lately the competition has been getting to people's heads. Other day I was on T's, map was cbble and I planted bomb. Ema or "dilEMMA" starts running away so as soon as the bomb goes off i chuck a nade at her and she blows up and i blow up. point is, it was a joke and i was having fun, people were laughing, the point of the pub. She switched teams bitching and ultimatly left the server, saying i was annoying and talked too much.

wow did you make that up or did i just forget about it? i dont remember that at all.lol. shows you how seriously i take this game.

MeanMugginFool

2 things I wanna say here...
First of all, TK'ing someone on purpose is not funny in my book, maybe like once in a great while, but on a regular basis it is not fun at all. A lot of times random, spontaneous, accidental TKs are hilarious, but usually because they happen in odd and crazy ways. If someone wants to TK on purpose and play grabass with each other, there are other servers around, take it to another one where they do that.

Second thing, I think all of us as a community need to be a lot more accepting of new people to the server. Just because someone is new and is good, does not mean they are a hacker. We all pull off some pretty bullshit moves from time to time while playing, but I think sometimes when a new person does it, we are a lot less accepting of it, we cry "cheater" way too often around here.

Just because you are a regular here, that does not mean you are entitled to special treatment or that anyone should have to kiss your ass. Respect is earned by being respectful to others, not by being douchebags to new people and ruining others gaming experience.

thewaterhog26

just today ema tked on purpose, now i find this kind of stuff funny but i do seem to remember that ema posted a ban forum on me for tking about 2 or 3 weeks ago.... so it seems people complain about things they do. the only thing i ask of people is if they are complaining on the forums about TK's then don't tk in game. be consistant, and i think that is the thing that most people aren't on this server is consistant. you people say all this shit on the forums and then in game its like you are two different people because you don't have to face the person right there....

Uptight?

If you young people play this game and get uptight what will you do when the shit hits the fan in real life. Whatever the real life situation is, will you be able to handle it :lol:

Stop bitching and play. Have fun or get your own server :twisted: I do hear some of you guys getting really pissed for the most stupid reasons like a teammate blocking. It's not done on purpose.

Give the Admin a break.

Wow does this sound like ass kissing :?: :lol: Take it easy ya all.

TG

WoRm5406

The server has an ATAC (Advanced Team Attack Controller) system installed on it. This is the punishment system you see when it comes up after someone TK's you. If this system sees a TA (team attack) then it will count three of those before it marks you as a TK (team kill). After 3 TK's the system will ban you.

The system is working as designed. It is even configured to track the user if they suddenly disconnect and reconnect just to get away from the TK/TA ban. These settings has had quite a bit of discussion over the past few years. Everything from it is too harsh to 'why cant we get rid of this tk'er quicker'.... Let the system take care of it. If they continue to TK/TA on a Friendly Fire server, the server will take care of them.

We have a policy here about TK/TA...

Purposely TK or TA of a player will result in a ban.

Straight forward and simple.

We all know there are accidents. That is why the system comes up and gives some sort of punishment selection. Granted not everyone takes it into affect when pressing the key to punish them. Heck I accidently TK'ed and I was turned into a bomb. Well they pressed it right before round end and I didn't die at round end. The final seconds were spent in spawn, during the buy time, where no one could shoot me. Needless to say I killed the ENTIRE T side at spawn.

If it becomes a problem for someone TK/TA a person it is your right to being it to the attention of an admin or post it here in the forums.

Every person has a say and we take all the opinions into affect.

The thing that really IRKS me is when someone buys a flash and tosses it right at the start of the round and blinds the ENTIRE team. Sometimes I wish the punishment was "Dont let user buy/pickup anything for next XXX rounds."

Keep in mind of your fellow players that are trying to get good and learn the game.

Yes it is just a game. But you dont see TK/TA in monopoly or scrabble do you?

Confusious say:

They who play around, lay around.

Mom says:

It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out.

Sortitout

MeanMugginFool said:
2 things I wanna say here...
First of all, TK'ing someone on purpose is not funny in my book, maybe like once in a great while, but on a regular basis it is not fun at all. A lot of times random, spontaneous, accidental TKs are hilarious, but usually because they happen in odd and crazy ways. If someone wants to TK on purpose and play grabass with each other, there are other servers around, take it to another one where they do that.

Second thing, I think all of us as a community need to be a lot more accepting of new people to the server. Just because someone is new and is good, does not mean they are a hacker. We all pull off some pretty bullshit moves from time to time while playing, but I think sometimes when a new person does it, we are a lot less accepting of it, we cry "cheater" way too often around here.

Just because you are a regular here, that does not mean you are entitled to special treatment or that anyone should have to kiss your ass. Respect is earned by being respectful to others, not by being douchebags to new people and ruining others gaming experience.

^ what he said

eng26dcfd

Yes it is just a game. But you dont see TK/TA in monopoly or scrabble do you?

If thats the case why not just turn FF off and end the whole discussion.

Celshock MP5

I'm sorry for Tking you Nightwing lol. <3

It is a pub and its not real life. You know who you can mess around with and who you cannot. There are people in the server who are dickheads and get all pissy if you tk them on purpose, even if its only once. They are statwhores or just take the game too seriously. To resolve this problem just stay away from them, switch teams or whatever, its common sense. If they wanna play the game like its fucking real life let them be statwhores and have their so called 'fun'. One joking tk is just in fun but more than that is enough to get even me pissed which is a rare occasion. Team attacking is the same way as long as youre not shooting someone while they are trying to kill an enemy then its all in fun, again common sense. Now repeatedly doing it round after round gets pretty distracting and annoying, this happened to me the other day. The guy kept shooting me every round, I got aggrivated but just ignored him and he stopped.

As far as the server becoming too competetive I say bring it on. It makes us all better players in the end. Lately I havent been rushing as much because of the competition, its much harder to rush than it used to be because you have 4 other guys standing around you and I cant stand the cramped environment so I just hang back and then rush in. problem solved.

Werbung:

Sortitout

what makes punx distinctive is the no awp, the forums and also the FF
FF is not for going tk crazy but to elevate the level of play, so that people take care to know whether its friend or foe before shooting. this means they have to look at the skins but also use radar effectively. it's pretty damn easy to run around in a non-FF server and shoot anything that moves, but thats not how real CTs will react.

a friend who has been playing on our server the past few weeks told me that the skill level of players on the server is high. which i agree. and for most of us, playing against skilled players is the fun part. not gay flashing nading our own teammates.

my .25

Status
Not open for further replies.