Tutorial: Attaching hero glow to glowless units

N00byStance

How to attach a hero glow to glowless units in-game?

1) Download this model: http://clancbs.com/downloads_seperate.php?id=26
2) Import it into your map. (You can leave path "war3mapImported\HeroGlow.mdx" as it doesn't matter)

Okay, now we have a model of a glow. How to set it up?

Open Trigger Editor (F4). In trigger when you want to add a glow to a unit, create new action:

Code:
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of X using war3mapImported\HeroGlow.mdx

X is your unit.

OR

Create ability based on Human Flag, change Special Effect field to "war3mapImported\HeroGlow.mdx" (or whatever path you gave the model), and attachment point to "origin", change "Item Ability" value to "False".

Should work (didn't test the ability-way though)

Have fun ;)

medivhwithglow22jy.gif
medivhwithglow34ds.gif
medivhwithglow6uh.gif

PS. If you attach a glow to e.g. blue unit and it remains red, following action should solve this problem:
"Unit - Change color of (UNIT) to (Color of (Owner of (UNIT)))" [It's not taken directly from WE]

Werbung:

Fladian

Yeah, that's something I'd like to know as well. It'll save the confusion about the project I'm making, since there are a lot of the same models used for a different character, except their heights, team- and body colors. If I could use the non-glowing heroes as well, it'll certainly save some confusion.

Jacek

There are few ways of deleting. I think if you delete ReplaceableId, it will disable glow. But download Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier. Open model, he asks for geoset. Open the one which contains glow. Delete everything, save model.

CannedTricks

get the wc3 viewer and open up the unit you want to remove the glow from. in the Treeview window thee should be a box with meshes. when unclicked everything in that mesh will be removed from what your seeing. unclick the boxes until you find out which meshes contain the glows. Now go to oinkerwinkle.com and download the vertex modifier. open up the model and switch geoset to the number of the mesh that contained the glow, delete everything in that geoset and then reapeat for each geoset that contains a glow and then you just save and quit. Congratulations your unit no longer has glow

Daelin

I would base the ability off sphere... Orb of Fire may have other effects and may confuse some people. Sphere ability was designed for attachments!

~Daelin

Werbung: