30 Facts From 30 Games You Don't Already Know

Sajid Ali

Anything was fair in game -- whether a feature was cut or whether someone put in a picture of their dog in a poster within one of the levels. We just wanted trivia that wasn't another "hey, check out the water effects!" that you hear so often during E3. Think of this as the gaming equivalent of hearing about Marlon Brando stuffing cotton in his mouth to puff up his cheeks for The Godfather. We asked thirty developers to tell us one (or more) pieces of trivia for their game, and here's what they said.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood:
Former creative director Patrice Desilets quips, "Ah, well, you remember Mario? Well, I think his brother, you know, the one who wears green, what's his name? Whatever. He shows up in the game."

Bodycount:
Creative director Stuart Black advises you to, "look at the buildings and some of the crates carefully for a little homage to Metal Gear; the art team added a little exclamation mark to certain assets in the game. The cardboard boxes also have a special logo that you'll probably recognize immediately if you know to look for it."

Bulletstorm:
An EA representative tells us, "For over two years [development studio] People Can Fly called Ishi -- main character Grayson Hunt's friend -- a half-cyborg. Then they realized that since a cyborg is already half-human, half-robot, then a half-cyborg is actually 3/4th human, 1/4th robot." Bonus facts: As of today, since the beginning of Bulletstorm's development, PCF creative director Adrian Chmielarz has drunk around 2,500 Red Bulls and smoked about 20,000 cigarettes. And design director Cliff Bleszinski throws in, "Bulletstorm was, at one point, a third-person cover based shooter. PCF then said, 'screw that' and decided to eat a mountain of Peyote and build their greatest work to date."

776.jpg

Call Of Duty: Black Ops:
According to community manager Josh Olin, Treyarch called upon the services of three different military advisors: Lieutenant Colonel Hank Keirsey (who's consulted for previous COD titles) contributed to making sure the Vietnam War sequences feel accurate; former Spetsnaz member Sonny Puzikas gave the team a primer on Spetsnaz combat tactics, and Major John Plaster provided insight to how Black Ops were undertaken in general based on his experience within the SOG.

Child of Eden:
If you watched Ubisoft's E3 press conference, you may have noticed older Genki Rockets music playing in conjunction with Q Entertainment's Child of Eden demo. According to Q head Tetsuya Mizuguchi, there will also be original music from the group created specifically for the game.

Civilization V:
Firaxis producer Dennis Shirk answers, "We are adding a really, really awesome unit with an 'interesting' title to it. And you have to play a certain way to unlock it. It just isn't going to happen by accident; it's a combination of things you'll have to do. I know I'm being vague about it, but it's probably the most awesome unit in the game. You're not going to find it in the Civpedia or the unit list, you're just going to find out that you can build it during one session."

Company of Heroes Online:
Production director Tim Holman states, "Donkeys with rocket launchers. Not going to say anything more, except that they will be considered a 'hero unit.'"

For More (further) visit the SOURCE, i thought you would like it that's why i just shared it in here..
Source: http://www.1up.com/features/30-facts-30-games-don

Werbung: