Votes: 0 0.0%
  • reasonable

• cheap

• Total voters

Phillysoul11

50$ in the US :)
well nintendo doesnt need to do anything about the prices because...well there a buisness and since were buying there games like crazy there thinking "why lower them?"
:D

Werbung:

Kirby

It's all part of the technology being used in these games, and to help the company gain profit.

Think of it this way:

It cost money to make things, yes? Well, Nintendo and all the other gaming companies like to stay with the latest technology available to them. This however, costs them a great deal of money to use and engineer into the product they want. Now that Nintendo spent all of this money making a new system (like the Wii), they need to get it all back, and some extra to use later for games and even developing the next system. To do this they must put a higher price than what they spent to gain this money (usually 10-15%). When the items go to the market, they cost more to help the developing company.

Which in turn means that if they did make prices cheaper, then they wouldn't have money to support later games because they don't gain any money back. In my opinion, I wouldn't like to see nintendo go out of business. Would you?

Think of yourself in as the manager or owner of a store,
Would you like to make money? How would you do this when you're spending all of your money buying the products to sell? You couldn't sell it for the same price, you would eventually run out or continue to not gain anything! I'm pretty for sure you would want something for all of that hard work you put into making that store.

On a final note, games don't stay at the same price forever, they eventually drop because that game and it's technology gets cheaper, also, if it doesn't sell well, it also drops faster, so complaining about games' prices is almost obsolete, because you could just wait about a month or two to get the game for cheaper.

Sorry for having such a long opinion, but I felt it was necessary to express clearly the situation that you may not be seeing.

And to answer the question directly, the prices in the U.S. are about $50, about 50 Euro in Germany.

Theherolink_1

Well..i think that the wii games prices are good i just think that the wii points card should cost a little less like 15 bucks..that would be better...

also WOW! kirby you wrote alot....

kaitora

i feel the prices are reasonable... i mean they are similar to the prices of games of the previous generation console when they came out, but with games like big brain academy the price is related to what you get, i have no squabble with the prices

beano

Ryano, just because Nintendo shaft Irish gamers too doesn't make it any less bad that they shaft British ones.

That said, just remember the US $50 price tag is before tax (I'm guessing but this is usually the case), so that'll bring it to about $58 (roughly £29).

To be fair though, the big advantage I'd guess is that in the UK you've a wide choice of online stores to buy from - more competition = more bargains.

I got Mario Strikers for £27 from Virgin Megastores online. Keep an eye on HotUKDeals.com they occasionally post links to good Wii deals.

I actually think it sounds like Canadians are getting ripped off the worst (I stand to be corrected, this is only based on what's posted here and could be off). I know their dollar went below par with the US one in the summer though and it sounds like they're still paying more!! Ouch.

The biggest rip-off of all is Wii Points, especially in UK/Eurozone.

Jesusdragon737

I think paying $50 for a game is crazy. After just buying a few games, you'll have paid for the wii all over again. Companies make most of their money in the games, not the systems.

Werbung: