What is the best CTF strategy.

Werbung:

Tobi31

When you have the flag, run with your knife if you know you'll be safe.
Nade the area, make sure the premises is clear, then run with with your knife, run as far as you can until you run out of SP. Once your SP is gone, equip your weapon, obviously take out who stands in your way, when you feel you'll be safe for knife running, run with your knife.
Quite easy. :/
I use the AK-47 for everything, I manually burst fire 2-4 rounds.
Permit me to say, but what is the point of knife running?

Demez

Permit me to say, but what is the point of knife running?

Knife running is when you run (usually sprint) with your knife (a nade works just as well, by the way) because it's a lot faster than running/sprinting with a big assault rifle (but some guns like uzis don't slow you down that much).

Anyway, strategies, but only for a few maps.

Here is a good all round pointer: ALWAYS EITHER BE RUSHING THE ENEMY FLAG, LAYING MINES TO DEFEND YOUR FLAG, OR CAMPING A FEW FEET AWAY FROM YOUR FLAG! If you're not doing one of those three things, your not helping your team.

Junk Flea: NADE!!! No matter what you do, always nade the are near the flag before you go over there!!You'll als get a bunch of kills. Ummmm, what else >_> ........
OH YEAH!!! If your on alpha, go to the other side down your right and come back the same way you went there, but when you're dropping back, drop a nade where,well.....You know that big, red crate and the intersection shaped like this on the side of the Bravo team?
| ______________
| |Big Red Crate|
B

A

"A" is where the flight of stairs to go up starts from the Bravo side, and B is where you drop the nade.After you drop the nade, run into the building, and run out straight into the flag are (the running into building and sprinting to goal are both done with knife or nade only!)

If your on Bravo, go to the enmy flag via your left side, get the flag, run behind those water tower thingies, run out of them after running towards your base behind them, and drop a nade at the choke point betweenn the tank and the fence or a few feet after. After that, take a right ( you will be next to a fence) and enter your base, then run straight into the goal area.

Snow Valley: No matter which side you're on, take the underground tunnels to the enemy base, and if you have a sniper rifle, take up a sniping spot (on the hill for the alpha base and on the red towers for the bravo one) and wreak havoc. If you don't have a sniper, just take the flag, and run towards your base.

Pump Jack: The only strategy for this map is to constantly rush blindly and nade like in Junk Flea, but there is a really clever strategy to help a friendly flag-holder.
As soon as a friendly gets the flag and sprints away, SPRINT RIGHT AFTER HIM! The walkways in that level are so narrow that if you run right behind him, YOU CAN ACTUALLY ACT AS A HUMAN SHIELD AND ABSORBS DAMAGE!

Those are the only maps I play CTF on, sorry.

ReQuIeMs

Now that everybody said what to do, here is what NOT to do ;D

Snowvalley: Alpha: Climbing up the ski trail on the side of Bravos flag. Except if you are incredibly stealthy, you must know that that bravos spawn point is very near and that often a bravo member caustiously cross the tuneel with his sniper.The thing with that tunnel is that at some point you cant seem them clearly and if they are already camped, you are an easy target, with your brownish uniform in the white scene. On the same thing, at some point, they cant see you. If you really want to take that tunnel, I advise caustiously taking a look then rush for the flag.If you are too cautious there is a 100% chance you will encounter enemy resistance, but then since the bravos spawns can be down the little hill, at the watertanks, you can grab a L96 and offer a nice rambo showdown.I advise using the little bunker instead of the tunnel because you can then fall on the big trail , out of view of the snipers.On the way, do not rush the hill that leads to the blue flag, it will make you die quickly either by snipers or just by some player that happens to have eyes.
Bravo: Get in the tower.Yes, it is a lot more fun then taking boring underground tunnel that no noob players uses because they are scared to be jackhammered in a corner, but it is also a lot more dangerous.Alpha good snipers constantly keep an eye on the structure and/or uses it for taking bravos assaultmen.I still suggest the boring tunnels.Watch out when you open the door, you never know, I might be there assuming you use my strat.

Junkflea: I just love this map. It is great for testing new weapons , and practice nades trowing.Now, what not to do :
Alpha: Rush the center high tunnel. Dude, your just making the L96 Sniper that is on the bravos rooftop job a lot easier.If he is not noob , he will get you in one shot. If you still want to take the tunnel and take out the sniper, you will notice a the beginning of the tunnel some wood or crap straps.It just happen that you can strafe from right to left very fast and be able to lend bullets at your enemy(Or shoot the barrel) while, if you are very well placed, will miss his shots. Why? Because either you will be out of sight (And in major case thesniper wont be able to shoot both sides) either you will be covered by the scrap.When the sniper is out , rush to the flag and nade behind you.
Bravo: Use the most left side for sniping. Might not be the most sure thing I can say, but using it almost never works. There is just too many open spots to shoot you on the alpha side. Even the green barrel sniper spots is safer to me, having only two major spots : The tunnel , and the space between the tank and the bridge (Difficult to be clear, I know). Now, I may get people to yell at me, but do not always mine the flag. First, get a view of your team skill. (If your in a clan you can know at beginning).In noob games, the noob always want to make sure the flag is still there even though IT IS THERE.So he will walk on it. And on your mines. And boom.If you are a defender, you will lose precious hp or even life because of his stupidity.And oh, I have noticed that behing the blue flag there is two pipes that goes in the floor. Hiding behind them gives you a great defensive advantage for nubs assaultriflers, just nullifies the rusher UZI and still give you a open view on the bottle neck that alpha has to cross.

Hope this helps.

chrisbrown

My favorite place would be Snow valley bravo side. I love camping near the rock and sniping people and no-scoping the the rest :D. You should try to jump onto the fence line thingy pretty good for camping and go to the house on alpha peep through the window to take out the hill sniper without being caught works 9/10 outta the time :D Good luck ~

Bostro

ctf = Camp the flag..That is how it get done in most pubs. I prefer Sand hog or cold seed for ctf. I usually just rush blind with a shotgun. I use a light vest and beanie so whoever I dont kill, I can just run away faster then they can shoot me. (bunny hopping ftw) Using flash nades is also a great idea.

Werbung:

LODD2

Well, what I do is gather 3-4 of my friends. We don't use snipers and we mainly do this in Warhead, Junk, and Snow Valley. We all buy smokes and flashes (backpack slot) and throw 4 smokes all slightly in front of each other and then a couple flashbangs which then pretty much confuses them. the flag runner than runs to base with 1 person following and the 1-2 left just plainly kills anyone who comes out of the smoke. VERY VERY efficent. I have a 1.88 KDR as proof :D.