Winders XP Pro - SP 1, 2, and 3

blze

ya, i have that. and, i am currently running SP 1. My comp has tried to dl SP 2 llike some 1000 times and it fails everytime. A few months, maybe even a year, back a friend of mine told me why this might be happening but i cant remember what he said.

any ideas on why this would be happening? more importantly, how can i fix it?

thx.

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

is it a version of questionable origin?

i had a corporate version since late 2000 that worked fine until i tried the sp2 install.

i had to bit teh bullet and donate to bill gate's gazilliontrillionthousandilliondollars

now i can update the crappy os

:evil:

blze

no, its legit, i have the cd and everything. it is trying to auto update from microsoft's website. so, everything is on the up and up.

....?

blze

yes, i did that. the problem has been going on since SP 2 came out..... like end of 2004? so its not a new component problem. ill ask my friend again, he knew how to fix it at some point. thx.

Puppet

Yea, sp2 failed the same way on the update site for one of my computers but when I brought the SP2 cdrom home it updated fine. It's something to do with the update site and your installation. Nothing is listed in Technet for this problem so it remains a mystery. I can offer you an iso image that you could burn to cdrom using nero. Then just insert it in the offending computer and it will autoload and you should be able to update it then. The ISO file is 487 MB and all it can be zipped down to is 474MB. if you want this file then let me know and I will put it on an ftp for you to download.

CrisisVT

If you want to DL SP2 use this site:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals.
This lets your download the entire service pack in a stand-alone installer; watch out though, 266.0MB file.

If you go to install this and it fails, you should reformat and re-install Windows because your system is likely severely infected with a variety of malware. If you decide to go though route, post again and I’ll give your information and tools to slip-stream the service pack into a Windows XP installation CD, so when you reformat and re-install, SP2 will already be installed.

blze

hmm, thx guys. what i will do today is try your link crisis and if that doesnt work then puppet i might ask you for the ftp info.

i really dont think it should be an "infection" problem as i did a fresh install when SP 2 was out and it failed then. its weird.

thx again.

mYth

I had the same problem when SP2 came out and i went and d/l'ed the IT Pro Install version of it and it worked like a charm......sometimes on the Auto-Updater detects a certain key algorithim as being "pirated" software, so the IT Pro Install is the workaround for it.....

mYth

Dude, just do it and it should work just fine......take it from a IT Engineer for thr Navy who does this shit day in and day out......it's fuckin boring trust me

blze

ha, thx man, im sure it will work fine. ill be home in an hour and see if i cant make it happen.

i think i should "patch" windows up first tho since it hasnt been done since new mobo/processor install. they didnt do it fer me like they said they would... (whole nother story about my dissappointment with them...)

anyway, what do you think? just run the windows XP disc and do the "fix" option or whatever it says (its been like 2 years since i have seen teh menu but i think you know what im sayin')? and that will make it all nice and pretty again?

i know a fresh install would p00n but since so much of my data is between 2 harddrives (C: & F:)it seems like an awful lot of werk to start over again on C: where winders is...

mYth

Ok man dig this obkb......first off DO NOT FORMAT!!!!.....ya don't need to, but just to be safe move any valuable data to a FlashDrive or to the other one j00 mentioned.....then just unplug anything that's USB and install a fresh copy of Winders FU on your hard drive.....then apply the SP2 patch.......activate Winders FU......then d/l all the latest security updates.......then BLAM!.....j00 gotz a n1c3 runnin POS!!!!

mew hollr and tanx fer playin 8)

blze

i tried to run my XP disc and install windows... it said there was a mass storage disc not compatible with windows and would not let me continue...

should i take it to those fucker who put it together for me and be like "fix it motherfuckers" or should i just try and figure it out on my own? if something is truly fucked i am not above chewing some kids ass for not doing his job right.

*on a side note, i am currently dl'ing the SP 2 patch from Crisis' link. i'll see if that helps at all.

Werbung:

blze

no good, here is the message, something about a dll or kernel file. did they put something on my comp when they put it together???

sp2not.png