How to reduce lag?

Love

Seeing as how everyone may experience lag here and there, I've put together some information which should help you, it's worth a shot, who wouldn't want less lag?
If you don't lag, that's great, why did you click on this thread?
You ought to give it a try as well. :p

Try right clicking Combat Arms > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Under "Compatibility Mode" check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > Select either Windows 2000 or Windows XP (Service Pack 2) > Click Apply, and presto.

If that doesn't work, a reinstall is always a possibility.

(I use Windows 2000, never had problems with it. You can always change it later. I'm running Windows Vista, recently bought my laptop, 3GB ram, etc.)

Turn off your AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Xfire/etc off.
It helps.
Close everything you don't need pretty much, webcam/microphone/bluetooth, etc.
Little things still help :p

Also, increasing your virtual memory may help.

Right click My Computer > Properties

(For Vista: Right click Computer, then click "Advanced System Settings")

Now you should have a System Properties window open,
click the Advanced tab,
Under Performance, click the Settings box.
A window called Performance Options should've popped up.
Look for Virtual Memory, and after "Total paging file size for all drives: (Number here)
Remember that number, and click the Change box.
A window called Virtual Memory will come up.
Click the "Custom size:" option.
Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) should have a box after them with a number in it.
The rule for this number is 1.5 times the amount of ram you have.
Ex: If you have 3GB of ram, you may put 4500.

If you listened and remember the number I told you to (You can always take a few steps back and get it again.)
you may enter that, or the amount of ram you have, times 1.5
It may be less than 1.5 times, but it's the recommended amount.

Hopefully I help, if you have questions, just send me a PM.
(Yes, I've done this to my computer.) You probably can find a video on YouTube if you don't believe me.

Also, doing a weekly scan helps, I suggest downloading CCleaner (For more information on CCleaner, here's the link for it on WikiPedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ccleaner ) it's somewhat like the default Disk Cleanup, but is quite better.
Also has a registry cleaner.
I use CCleaner about everyday, and haven't had problems with it since. :p

Having a good antivirus and firewall also help, you can get AVG/AVAST! (they full edition for about what? A year?) If you just lurk YouTube, some videos provide serial keys that do work and are worth a try. Once the key becomes out dated, I'm SURE there will be more videos that give you new and working serial keys, so don't sorry when your serial has expired, pay a visit to YouTube and get your antivirus back.

I use AVAST! Simply because it's easier to remove virus/trogans/etc, it gives you the option when found, when AVG, is a bit more complicated.
AVAST! Also has a better percentage of finding virus' so it's up to you.

Turning down your settings in Combat Arms also may help, so what if your graphics aren't as clear, at least you can play with less lag, right?

There's nothing wrong with upgrading your PC.
New graphics card, more ram, etc.

If all fails, nothing a good ol' reinstall can't fix.

Trikstadude3's Add on's -

Download and use GameBooster whilst running Combat Arms. It's a free program that ends unnecessary programs and processes.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Werbung:

Love

cool it works!!!! thanks

Anytime,
I'll be adding more soon, so hopefully it'll help as well.

NOTE:
This does NOT fix lag, it REDUCES the amount you already have.
DO NOT send me messages that say it didn't work, DO NOT post stating they don't work either.

Pattack

Now combat arms wont even boot up...

What might be the problem?
All I did was the first change, (Changed it from Windows 95 -> Windows 2000) I am running XP, with service pack 2.
EDIT:
Oh I got it. Looks like I had to uncheck the box. Weird.
Sorry if you don't get what I mean, and I wasn't meaning to offend you with my '...'; just a little worried.

Love

Now combat arms wont even boot up...

What might be the problem?
All I did was the first change, (Changed it from Windows 95 -> Windows 2000) I am running XP, with service pack 2.
EDIT:
Oh I got it. Looks like I had to uncheck the box. Weird.
Sorry if you don't get what I mean, and I wasn't meaning to offend you with my '...'; just a little worried.

No problem, though I'd prefer using Service Pack 2, seeing as it's supposed to run smoother, but that's just me.
It ran perfectly fine for Windows 2000.

Any problems, please post.

GODOFTHUNDER

Whilst in-game (After logging in.) go to your options, click the Graphics tab, and lower the settings, lol.

i didn't find anything like that before but i can look again
EDIT> i found the tab and put the gaphics down and now i can PWN again! thx so much i couldn't find the options before but now i did thx

Love

i didn't find anything like that before but i can look again
EDIT> i found the tab and put the gaphics down and now i can PWN again! thx so much i couldn't find the options before but now i did thx

Well, it's the little *-like thing.
In it should contain a graphic tab.

Anytime :p
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Purpose-1

It didn't reduce any lag. It made it worse. Now, I can barely move. I close every program I have including AIM but it takes about 5 minutes to load. What can be the problem? Is it because my computer is slow? I reinstalled Combat Arms on the Nexon website. I still couldn't move. Should I buy a different computer due to slowness? If yes, please PM me.

Love

It didn't reduce any lag. It made it worse. Now, I can barely move. I close every program I have including AIM but it takes about 5 minutes to load. What can be the problem? Is it because my computer is slow? I reinstalled Combat Arms on the Nexon website. I still couldn't move. Should I buy a different computer due to slowness? If yes, please PM me.

I highly DOUBT this made it worse.
It's most likely your computer, or some software related problem.

jbush83498

still having in game freeze

Still having in game freezes. Running Dell Inspiron 1721, Windows Vista, proc AMD Turion 64x2 1.80 ghz, 2 gig memory, 32 bit os, Display ATI Radeon X1270.
Tried turning down graphics and other suggestions. Do we have anything else in your bag of tricks

Werbung:

Love

Still having in game freezes. Running Dell Inspiron 1721, Windows Vista, proc AMD Turion 64x2 1.80 ghz, 2 gig memory, 32 bit os, Display ATI Radeon X1270.
Tried turning down graphics and other suggestions. Do we have anything else in your bag of tricks

I didn't say it would COMPLETELY FIX, I said reduce.
There are a few, such as keeping your computer clean, making sure you have no threats, etc.
One main cause of freezes/crashes.
I have no other "tricks" at the moment, but will add in the near future.