WII PASSES 360 HARDWARE SALES!!!

Ryano

I think by now (16th August) Wiis total sales should be above that of the Xbox 360, at least according to VGChartz, and as i have been reading and visiting VGChartz quite a bit recently, i have reason to believe they have pretty accurate numbers.

link: http://www.vgchartz.com

As of the week ending August 12th for Japan and "others" (which is mainly Europe but also Australia and a few other small territories) and week ending August 11th for North America (USA + Canada) VGCharts had hardware sell-through for Xbox 360 at 10.43 million, and hardware sell-through for the Wii at 10.41 million.

So, with Wii currently tracking between 225-250 thousand per week, and 360 with the recent USA price drops managed about 80 thousand, i think it is fair to assume Wii now has the leading marketshare (even if it is not official)

here are the banners for VGChartz;
ng_sales.png

and seeing as i am already here;
ds_sales.png

psp_sales.png

And yeah people I know it's not official but still as a Nintendo fan it's nice to see.

Werbung:

Squiddy

You copied and pasted that from another thread in ONM. :/
Why?

And in my opinion, the Wii supposed to be a second console to the 360/PS3 = business genius. No matter if you get a PS3 or 360, there will always be a Wii next to it! :D

Ryano

Squiddy said:
You copied and pasted that from another thread in ONM. :/
Why?

And in my opinion, the Wii supposed to be a second console to the 360/PS3 = business genius. No matter if you get a PS3 or 360, there will always be a Wii next to it! :D

Yeah I know I did, sorry about that.....:blush:

Shripe

I figured this would happen, but I'm still surprised.. I didn't think there were enough popular games (LoZ:TP excluded) to push the share up over the 360.

Squiddy

Shripe said:
I figured this would happen, but I'm still surprised.. I didn't think there were enough popular games (LoZ:TP excluded) to push the share up over the 360.

It's the casual gamer brigade helping Nintendo.

Werbung: