Wifi usb or just wireless router

s1l3ntdeath

I only got 1 computer at home and i don't noe wut to get since the price for a the usb thing and a wireless router is about the same price, and i want to surf the web with my wii. What do u guys recommend that i buy?

Werbung:

laiscallonis

s1l3ntdeath said:
I only got 1 computer at home and i don't noe wut to get since the price for a the usb thing and a wireless router is about the same price, and i want to surf the web with my wii. What do u guys recommend that i buy?

Definately buy the router first..:big_boss:

Because this is the first item of hardware that you need to make a wireless network.

The router gets connected to the Phone line and then it communicates with the "usb thing" wich is connected to the PC..
But if your PC has wireless incorporated you do not need the "usb thing" :bomb_phone:

What happens is that your router after being installed and configured on your PC gives access to all wireless PCs or other "Wifi" compatibale devices to the internet service of your ISP you have signed for..

Once the router has been connected you need to configure your Wii as well..:friends:

Mind you you may need to buy for 500 points the Opera web-browser from Nintendo to have a decent browsing experience whit your Wii:dance2:

Enjoy..it :D

Jailbreak

i thought it would be a good idea to buy the router, it broke! but thats more likely casue everything to do with me fails lol. So now i use the USB thingy which is cheaper.

Ryano

I'd definetly agree with laiscallonis, but you might not want to bother with the internet channel since it costs 500 points now.

sad

GEt a router so you can configure any device that has a wifi card to the router wifi usb only connect the wii products to. simply: router>wifi usb

Squiddy

supersujay said:
i got 2 wireless routers one upstairs and one downstairs

You only need one in the house y'know, a Wi-fi signal can go through 3 floors of a house. You're just making it worse with signal interference.

laiscallonis

EngWii said:
Squiddy said:
I have a NETGEAR router, they're great. :D

So do i, NETGEAR ftw :)
I'd definitely use a router, it's so simple, i don't know what the other method is like.

There is another method to share a internet connection wirelessly..
you need a wireless enabled pc connected to the internet even via normal cable..... it be either a analog modem or Adsl modem..

you need to create one private Network technically called "ad hoch"

you need to configure each Pc or device to the shared Network..
(Not a very secure Network tough)

So stick with a router configuration if you want to follow my modest advice..;)

Ps..

Whant to thank publicly "Ryano" for having given me a positive vote going to do the same with you...Thanks. :)

Jailbreak

the only problem with routers is if your thick like me you'll find it hard to set up and if like me you can constant bad luck it will break. other than that theyre great.

austin_mini75

definitely a router... can be a pain to setup i got a dlink with 2 PCs a laptop my ds lite and the wii no probs what so ever. Range can be improved by adding a larger antenna to the router.

Becky

I use a wireless router too - Linksys to be exact. I have three computers and now the Wii that connect to the internet through it.

Be careful which router you buy - some are meant specifically for ADSL internet and others for Cable.

Routers can be tricky to setup if you're new to them, especially when it comes to getting your head around security settings. And trust me, you really should have some kind of encryption enabled or you're inviting anyone to help themselves to your connection.

Do a google search for "Wireless networking guide" and you'll find loads of detailed stuff. Make sure you follow an article that's fairly recent though, as standards and equipment updates are frequent.

Good luck!

Werbung:

kaitora

i think i'm going for the wireless router... i want the ability to set up the security myself as i know there are wifi thieves operating around me cos they don't like to pay for their internet...