PuNx CZ server is OVER!

Werbung:

Hypnos

Moneybags...I'll see you at a4h. My comp can only handle CSS when I have everything set on the lowest Res. and even then I only get 30 fps until somone is stupid and decides to move then it drops to the lower 20s.

Intoxicated

yea, i dont believe any of my three comps can handle cs:s, but maybe my desktop can, once i buy it. if i cant, then ill have to wait until i get my new comp for college to see you all again

innovision

Yea... I have source.... but i have to run it on lowest settings. I'll still be a regular at punx, prolly one of the few to play source on a Laptop. Damn I wish I had a Desktop, I'm stuck with this Radeon 9600 forever, there's no upgrading for me. It wont be the same without all the regulars, so if you can spend the money, get the upgrades and get back to punx!

-Innovision

instant

This sucks a lot. I probably won't be back on till summer when i have the money to get a better graphics card and buy the game :( See ya then I guess.

:cry:

Crisis

Alright, well if people want help upgrading their systems or what to purchase from who, where to get the best price etc, post about it. I make a living doing IT consulting and custom builds.

Also there is one thing I like about source....it's so pretty....soooo pretty......it rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again! HA!

Anyway, if you're not sure if you can handle CS.S
I get 75-100FPS using 512MB ULL PC3200(DDR400), AMD XP 2500 (333), and a 9700Pro 128MB.

Graphic Settings:
AA: App Pref (CZ-2x)
AF: 4x (CS 8x)
Texture Pref: Quality
Mipmap Detail: Quality
V-Sych: Always OFF (this should only ever be on, for display with poor refresh rates)
TRUFORM: Always Off

In-game resolution is at 1024x768 (CZ & CS.S)

BTW guys, a CS tip; AF is a very good friend. AF-Anisotrpoic Filtering. This determines to what extent and range your videocard is going to render what you can't see and what's in the distance. For any FPS, having this on, if you can, is great. Makes for better long range accuracy and can reduce loading lag on maps (like when you come around a corner and 5 people are there all of a sudden).

slick

Dirty said:
The final screenshot from the PuNx CZ server... Right here!

U can see I was tryin to get in there ,but noooo ,you fukers couldnt kick one of the newbies so that I can be part of history :D

thanx again

Hypnos

Hey Heaton,

You have an E-mail address I could contact you at? I've always bought Dell computers because I don't know how to build one myself....maybe with a little explination I could get all the parts and put one together.

stoned_MONKee

I feel as though I have lost a freind; well actually, a lot of freinds. I wont have source for awhile, so wont see you guys around :( . Just don't have the extra cash to updtae the computer and buy source, too much money going tot he bikes for riding season. So I will miss killin you guys, well gettin killed anyway. If you guys start playin on another CZ server let me know where I might find you so I can check in once in awhile. Thanks for the fun and letting me play "in your house" PUNX! Enjoy all hope to see you soon. MONKee

Puppet

Lol, in case you're wondering, Dilla is talking about me. I will miss those of you that can't go source. I'm very sure that even if we start out with just a few players that the Punx source server will have a full server nightly in no time. Farewell to those who will remain CZ. I'm pretty dedicated to Punx playing so I doubt I'll be playing much CZ anymore.

Crisis

I can be reached on AIM at "PuNx HeatoNJr". If you want to send me an e-mail do so at my free account adsmith6@techie.com. AIM is a better way though (or the forum).

Werbung:

Dirty

Source server should be up and running right now.

It is plain jane until Defender puts in the mods, and we will be dealing with noobs until admin powers kick in. But we can get the source pratice...

the ip is the same as the CZ server.

see ya there,
Dirty