Need some help with weapon choices

Early-Bird

Howdy folks,

I'm having some problems deciding what weapons to be using.

Since the start, I've been using a Aug, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it.
Lately I've been averaging 2 to 1 K/D's with it.

But I also am seeing the need for a longer range weapon, and also...my main problem, I'm getting so many kills I run out of ammo for my AUG. :eek:

Now...I've been hearing alot of good stuff about the G36, supposedly I should be using it instead of my AUG? :confused:

But besides my assault rifle, I would like something accurate for across the map action. But I honestly just dont like the snipers.

So I was considering either the M-14 or the K2? Any suggestions/comments on either?

Oh, and just a few more questions...are silencers really necessary?
Been using the S1 on my AUG, but I've had alot of people say not to use one for the G36.

Also, my main question....should I be adding scopes? and if so, which ones? pretty confused on the scopes issue...:rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for reading my lengthy post,
Early-Bird

Werbung:

Jordan B

Please stick with the AUG-A1 . The G36E is an EPIC FAIL ! .

Arrf , don't buy scopes if you don't need them . For long range , get an M14 with an Acog TA1 scope to show range , and use single shots .

Hope I helped ,
Jordan.

Layzie

It's been a while since I've done an indepth reply and since I have the time, I'll attempt to be as detailed and helpful as possible.

It seems your first obstacle is to find a gun that does well long range. I've never liked the AUG or G36 so I can't lay down my input on how well those are. But from my experience, I found both the AK-47 and M4 to be pretty accurate at long range (with a scope which is what i'll cover next). The AK-47 has high damage and accuracy, but the recoil is what turns people away. Controling the recoil for long distance is extremely easy as long as you tap your shots instead of holding the mouse down. As for the M4, the damage is okay and the accuracy is pretty good. The great thing about the M4 is that the recoil is extremley low which means those long range shots are much easier to land. I noticed you pointed out the m14. It's pretty good long range, but I had a little trouble at close range with being dead on. With a Semi-auto/auto weapon, you can have a consistant rate of fire, but with the m14, you have to keep clicking as you try to stay accurate. It might just be me, but I found other weapons to be better.

Now moving on to scopes. I'm not sure what rank you are, but by default there are two scopes available. The first one displays the range of the target and the second one displays your health and ammo. I find scopes to be extremely essential. It only takes a split second to scope in and it makes a huge difference in accuracy. Out of the two, I suggest the second scope due to health and ammo bars. The first is only useful if you're testing things like max range on weapons and such. To compensate for your long range problem, a scope on the AK-47 or M4 can be deadly.

Now getting back to the problem you mentioned about the AUG and running out of ammo. I'm not sure if you have done this already but you can add an extended clip to the weapon which adds another 20 bullets per clip. The only downside is that the reload takes a bit longer so be prepared to switch to your secondary or duck behind cover to reload (Though with the extra ammo, your target should be killed).

And finally, the silencer question. Silencers are only useful in certain situations and depending on a gun. An example of where you could consider using a silencer would be with the AK-47. The S1 silencer reduces recoil by 10% and since the AK-47 recoil is high, the reduction would make those long distance shots much better. The other silencers (2 and 3) may be only useful if you're sniping. One reduces muzzle flash and the other reduces the tracer which is only useful if you're being sneaky. The other situation would be in an S&D match where you have to be a little more cautious. The silenced shots and muzzler/tracer reduction could be really helpful (Depending on your playstyle).

Well, I hope I helped a little bit. If you have any more questions, feel free to reply to this post, PM me, or add me to xfire layzie7777.

Early-Bird

Wow, great post layzie, really appriciate your comments.

Guess I'll try out that m4, seems pretty good from what I've seen.

Oh, so, would you ever use the scope that adds the +3% accuracy at reduced magnification?

Oh ya, and for the AUG, yes I do have the extended clip, but my problem is not running out of ammo on a kill, but overall. After 5 or 6 kills ammo is a big problem, =P

Guess I'll switch over to the m4 at that point.

Layzie

Hey, you may want to make a second account just to try out weapons. Save you money on your main account. And since i'm in WoGL, I usually only use the second scope w/ health and ammo bars. But when i'm screwing around I have my Gold AK-47 w/ the BM version of the itech. As far as your problem with running out of ammo, i'm not sure how strong the AUG is, but for most other guns, when you use your scope and tap your mouse, it should only take about 5 shots at most (tapping your mouse would make it about 1.5 seconds of shooting) which might help you conserve your ammo.

Early-Bird

Ah, thats a great idea, I think I'll try that.

Oh btw...while I'm here...I noticed something

How can some people have 200 health I'm noticing on the kill cams?

SPARTANZ77

hmmm for long range you could use the built in scope on the G36E IMO the scope is better than the ones you can buy and yes i reccomend using the S1 with the G36E as it will reduce recoil

Bostro

They did nerf it, but it still good long range in scope. Before it was nerfed, you had very little to no recoil in scope. I havent tried it since they nerfed it. I like using the scar for my mid to long range shots. I use the s1 w/ the first scope. The 2nd one is a better one, but the little bars on the side tend to mess with me. If your looking to use a new gun, the ak would be the way to go. When you learn how to tap and control the recoil, it can be very deadly. Like layzie said, just make a new account and try a couple different guns. You will be able to find a gun that fits you the best and not waste a lot of your gp doing it. Best of luck.

Early-Bird

Hmmm, gotcha, definitely gonna go try out some weaponry today, =)

Btw, I've noticed in the kill cams, that sometimes people have over 100 Health, how is this possible?

E

Elite SEAL

USE THE G36-- it has a more precise scope on it, so it is better for zooming in, and also it is more powerful, ive used the Styer, but it wasnt impressive. the silencer reduces recoil, good for sniping.

SCOPES- they cost the same, so i use the one that displays hp and ammo, its worth the GP.

THE M14 SUCKS ****- don't use the M14, it is incredibly underpowered -use the SR25 or MSG90

--SEAL

Early-Bird

Hmmm, I've been trying out a bunch of weapons on a diff account, and honestly, wasn't very impressed with anything but the G36 or the AK. I found that the health bar scope zooms in so much, that it barely moves when I'm trying to track a target with it. Is there any trick you guys use to help with that?

Honestly, I practiced for a bit, and just hate it.

Oh, I also tried a UMP, and have to say, that thing was a LOT of fun in smaller maps. Same for the Mac-10, but I'm not sure which SMG is considers "best"
Any suggestions?

LODD2

G36E is still pwnage no matter what, tapping the shots is similiar to using an ak when you scope in with the g36e.

I am also in WOGL, under LODD2 of D2P :D. Good Luck procore looking fwd to the battlefield.

AK is really good 3 hit kill and good accuracy, but the recoil is horrid, never fire fullauto even when scoped in, fire 4 rd burst, or at medium long, tap it down kind of slow.
Never was good with ak, the ak103 has ALOT less recoil.

the M4, is ok it works quite well with a silencer and a reflex or RDS will work well.

G36E is still best :D

Werbung: