Alpha Problems

Fudgie

Yeah, I'm here again with another question/problem... May seem dumb to you guys, but I have no skinning expertise nor much knowledge about them.

Before I say anything else, this is not a submission, I'm not looking for criticism on it either. All of it except the alpha channel around the helmet was created by olofomoleman.

Okay, I've been trying to make it that the visor on the helmet has a team color trim. I have the alpha channel around the visor. From what I know, it should work, but in game it does not appear at all. Only the marks on the shoulders and arms do. Heres a screen shot of the skin with the alpha channel.

CloneTrooperAlpha.jpg

In game screen shot of the model.
CloneColor.jpg

Heres the head.
ClonenoColor.jpg

Any idea why it wouldn't be working?

Werbung:

Maximilianx

maybe something about the model..when you finished, what did you save the file as? i ussually save it as a .tga, dunno what else carries the alpha channel..

Squishy-1

file type doesnt matter, to get an alpha on ps just use the eraser over all points that you want team color, and if you want to alpha on gimp go into filters>colors>color to alpha and put in the color your trying to alpha out, or erase what colors you want to be team color

Maximilianx

eraser alpha doesnt work for all versions of ps..
using the brush tool or pencil tool with the color black on the alpha channel is more efficient.

Fudgie

Erm... so what exactly is the problem then? I have the alpha channel around the visor. I saved in TGA converted to BLP, so in theory shouldn't it work?

Although there is a file that tags along with it, called teamcolor08. I looked at it and its just a small square, just one shade of a light tan. Any idea if that has anything to do with it?

Fudgie

Would, but he strictly states "I do not do requests." If he did one for me, no matter how simple, everyone else would swamp him with more requests.

Fudgie

Never thought of that... guess I misinterpretted what he said the frist time. Well I'll PM him and see if he can answer my question.

Werbung: