40th Birthday of Jeffrey Scott Buckley

Arkidas

Today, on the 17th day of November, Jeffrey Scott Buckley, known to the world as Jeff Buckley, would've been 40 years old of age if he wouldn't have died tragically in 1997. Jeff's birthday is celebrated worldwide where there are hold tribute concerts by experimental and / or professional performers. If you wish to find a concert in your area, make sure to take a look at this page.
I'm going to see one myself here in Iceland where it's probably been held for the first time, but tribute concerts have been hold for years in various places.
Of course I will post pictures from the concert once I get home & I encourage you to do the same if you're visiting one. If you don't know anything about Jeff Buckley at all, you might want to visit his website & his wikipedia page.

buckley_jeff.jpg

Update:
I uploaded a few photos from the concert. It was held in a small building. There were 250 people at the concert.

Attachments

• Jeff-Buckley-Tribute-008.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeff-Buckley-Tribute-015.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeff-Buckley-Tribute-019.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeff-Buckley-Tribute-026.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeff-Buckley-Tribute-027.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 0
Werbung:

Fladian

Who?

No one I know, sorry. According to the site of someone, he isn't memorized with his birthday in the official 'happy birthday section.' (Danny de Vito is one of those of today (62))

Arkidas

I'm going to the concert right now and will post photos when I get back in 2-3 hours :) He wasn't very famous but very talented.

Fladian

Still, I don't know him, which is probably not because of his name - I am quite bad with names, as most know. Regardless, have fun at that concert though. I made a thread about concerts a while ago.

Arkidas

It'd take me less time to name the music genres he didn't play. His album is however mainly Pop/Rock. Sorry about that I didn't post pictures yesterday, I'll do it today. I also recorded the entire show on my iPod :)

Fladian

When it comes to almost every genre someone plays, I can only think of one name. 'Madonna,' who played just about everything now. Otherwise, I'd have a hard time imaging it, especially when looking at the tastes of many friends. (Trance, pop, rock, rap, R&B, other languages, techno, experiments, etc.)

Arkidas

I can remember that Jeff did Pop, Rock, Punk rock, Classic music ( including an aria by Henry Purcell ), hymns, jazz, indie (sp?) and that's about what I can remember.

Werbung: