AC Crash/freeze

dejoker

Hi,

When I play CA the game crashes after about 30-60 minutes. Sometimes it even crashes after several minutes. The game always crashes when I am ingame. When I am in the lobby the game doesn't crash.

Sometimes when the game crashes I can go back to Windows by ALT-TAB or by pressing the windows key on my keyboard. Other times the game freezes and I can' t do anything, except pressing the power button and shutdown my pc.

When I Look into the system log of eventviewer the error is always the same:

Event id: 26

Application popup: combatarms.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "<memory location>" referenced memory at "<memory location>". The memory could not be "written".

My pc specs are:

Windows XP Prof.
E8400 3.Ghz
Asus 9600 GT (512mb)
2 GB memory

Hope you guys can help me out :)

Werbung:
Your computer seems fine,
Here's a few quick fixes
Reinstall- you've probably already tried this
Send a ticket to nexon on the official nexon forums- this may take awhile and it doesn't always work.

also
i googled: combatarms.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "<memory location>" referenced memory at "<memory location>". The memory could not be "written".
and got this http://forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-49862.html
looks like this guy has a similar problem with Firefox
You might want to poke around in that thread.

spuznick242

This just started happening to me today. Combat arms stops running after like one game. I tried re-installing afew times, but I kinda think it has something to do with Norton Security. I changed some settings around with Norton yesterday and today it only lasts one game then stops working. I cant/dont want to change my norton settings, so does anyone else have any idea's on what I could do because one game is quite annoying, because I need to open it again, and login and then find the room I was in. Its pretty annoying because of norton, but I cant change the settings, so I could really use another option.

dejoker

Hane you installed Norton or was it already installed before the crashes came up? If Norton already was installed, i don't think Norton is the problem. But if it is possible to disable or close Norton, i would definitively give it a try.

What error do you get? What does the system log says?

spuznick242

Well norton has been on my computer since I got it, but i just had to update my norton and I changed some settings, and I would rather not change the settings back because it left a small hole in my protection (i highly doubt anyone would be able to find it but still). I dont even get an error, CA just closes and a little window pops up saying that combat arms has stopped working so I go into task manager and end CA. It just started crashing after I changed norton's settings (the settings wernt anything major) and it always crashes after one game. As soon as I join another game it crashes between 10 and 45 seconds into the game.

spuznick242

Yea, I'm using vista. I was talking to some guy who was on my friends list not too long ago and I was asking him why he would log on for a bit and then log right off and be back on a few minutes later. He said "combat arms crashes with my computer set up" and I thought he was usning hacks because his kdr was quite high, but I guess I'm not the only one having this problem. Oh well I'll just have to wait for nexon to do something because I'm not going to change the settings back. At least CA works compared to some people who cant play at all.

spuznick242

Well CA doesnt crash anymore. I guess it fixed its self or I did something and I didnt know it. (I do alot of stuff that I dont know untill later what I acctually did or what it afected), but it doesnt stop running anymore. Thanks for all the help, this was just one wierd problem for sure, but when I close CA it stops working, but it doesnt matter because it only does that when I'm done playing. Thanks.

Werbung: