Yes I'm a dork who loves pok?mon.(A new map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zergleb

With a short amount of work I created a way to create an exact damage function that immitates the one in the real Pokemon games, since it was so easy I've decided to make a multiplayer Pokemon game for warcraft 3. I mean, Pokemon stadium was always alot more fun than any of the RPG games, the game was made to be played multiplayer but so few people actually get to play it that way.

Since I already have the done the work and the testing of units with different stats and leveling up and a few different moves with different effects and attack power, what is left is how will I implement this game. I could go with a duplication of Pokemon stadium, Which I'm actually developing right now, but I'm trying to develop the triggers in such a way that the battle system could be implemented into a different style of play.

-Now to the point of my post-

I already have some ideas of my own, but I'm wondering what others may think of ideas for the game. Meaning in what ways could the game be played other than a tournament style Pokemon stadium game. I really want to avoid the game just strictly being a bunch of wandering until a time limit runs out and then a tournament at the end, like SO many other pokemon games have done. But that is not to rule out either of those things, just possibly more than just that. After I hear a few ideas I'll splurge a few ideas of my own and take opinions on them. (A duplication of another game is not what I'm going for, just an additional way to play it.)

I could use help on the map, but when I'm ready for help I'll make a new post. Feel free to PM me if your that obsessed with pokemon to help me just off the small amount of information in this post.(I love Pok?fr?aks)

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Minigames, that is what you need! Inbetween tournaments and such you play minigames for stupid little showoff prices or such. Now that would pwn if there was a great deal of them to pick from and they were made properly!

Example: Pikachu dodging - Mass pikachus spawn in 1 end and work theyre way down to you, survive as long as possible, the longer you survive the bigger prize! If you get touched by a pikachu you get electrecuted :)

Fladian

Pokemon, that brings back memories. Not even too long ago, a friend and I constantly challenged each other, eventually resulting in a match once a week. I remember the time all too well when he stayed up all night training his Charizard while I was staying up all night to try to evolve my Dragonair in a Dragonite, which evolved just in time for our match. Eventually, the fight between his Charizard and my Dragonite wasn't too impressive, but our second strongest was something to remember. His Machamp and my Exxecutor, which in both our cases grew out as our strongest pokemon of our team. :p
That was a great time, and I would give a lot to return to that time. I really liked the game and I was quite interested in it in general. Until it overestimated itself and it became a giant hype. I lost complete interest in it then.
Fact is that I considerd lately to restart a game of it though.

Though that was some random chatter, you might find it a better idea to cut the "pokemon" name from the official name. There are many people who will ignore it because of the name. The concept of pokemon has been great the moment it started, it just never has been completely developed to its full potential.

Good luck though.

N00byStance

The Pokemon fashion ended here few years ago, but that time Pokemon were most known from TV serials and Pokemon Collectible Card Game, not Gameboy games.

Undead_Lives

Haha, pokemon. Yes, memories.
But as for ideas...you are going to have lots of custom models right? Because making a pikachu out of a gnoll or w/e isn't that great...

Abelhawk

I remember when I first got WarCraft 3 a really long time ago I made a simple pokemon game. Looking at it now, it's really stupid. I just tinted a rat 255 green, 255 red and 0 blue and made it have a lightning attack(like a bronze dragon). I might have made like a charizard with a red dragon or something too. But yeah, if you could skin well enough this could be an awesome game.

Zergleb

Well I'm going to have to depend on me being able to convince skinners that I'm pulling my weight in the programming department so that they will want to be part of the project. Until then it wont really be an awesome game. But so far my plan is to come up with a beginning to the game that will impress and then do recruiting with that as motivation to help out.

I've never seen a good map (based off of TV shows or card games) so maybe you can make me change my mind :p

Here pokemon is dead. The only thin that still exists is "Yu-Gi-Oh"

Fladian

I lost track of the things that are popular among kids here. Pokemon is pretty dead out here, and I haven't heard anything of Yu-Gi-Oh lately either.
It has been far too long since I actually made some research in the younger ones' interests.

There... was a somewhat successful Pokemon project before. They had some nice spells and models. I'm not too sure about the name anymore, but if someone can fill me in, please do so.

Zergleb

This isn't based off a t.v. show or a card game, both of those were stupid. This is going to be a multiplayer version of the gameboy game which came before the other two.

Undead_Lives

Hm, the game was always good...Pokemon still lives on though...they still have the tv show and cards and keep making games, but I don't know anyone that's still into them.
I still play my ol' Gameboy color Pokemon games :p

Werbung:

Fladian

The Gameboy game of Pokemon was actually very good. Despite it having a nearly non-existing story, the gameplay was pretty good and it gave me one heck of a great time. :p
Like I said earlier, I was considering of restarting an old save game again. :p

The TV show is still on here, but it's showing it on TV when I'm not home. So, I don't know what season they are with now.

Glad to hear it is based from the game though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.