wii fit - but with a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryano

it's seems that namco bandai are releasing their very own version of wii fit. It will combine a mat with sensors built in, as well as the wii remote to allow full interactivity with the set of minigames included.

Stop me if you’ve heard this one: there’s a game coming out for the Wii that features several athletic mini-games that use a special pad that you stand on. Sounds like Wii Fit, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not; it’s actually “Active Life: Athletic World†from Namco Bandai. The game will utilize a custom mat containing eight sensor pads that you stand on. More than 10 mini-games will have you using both the mat and the Wii-mote to essentially exercise while moving through obstacle courses, white water rafting, and doing other activities. The game also supports multiplayer matches that can use a single mat, and it can track players’ accomplishments in the game. Says Makoto Iwai, Executive VP and COO of Namco Bandai:

“By combining the motion-based Wii Remote and a custom gaming mat to create an entirely unique gaming experience, Active Life: Athletic World delivers unprecedented interactivity as players use their whole body to take control of the game. With a wide assortment of timeless games that everyone can enjoy as well as cooperative and competitive multiplayer elements, Active Life: Athletic World is sure to get the whole family off the couch and into the fun.â€ÂÂ

Expect to see Active Life: Athletic World hit store shelves next year.

Personally if I get one, it'll be wii fit, this jsut doesn't appeal all that much. but if it can too open possibilities for use in other games then I'm all for it. What do you guys think?

Werbung:

Ryano

Squiddy said:
Already a thread like this called Wii Family Trainer. ;)

Yeah but this is called Active Life: Athletic World

...oh wait...is this just the UK name and Wii Family the Japan name?

wiicrazedlink

Personally if I get one, it'll be wii fit, this jsut doesn't appeal all that much. but if it can too open possibilities for use in other games then I'm all for it. What do you guys think?
[/quote]

i agree on that one it seems like a wastse of money if it is only for one game but if they get other games ill think about (depends if i like the games) :)

Danny

link said:

i agree on that one it seems like a wastse of money if it is only for one game but if they get other games ill think about (depends if i like the games) :)
[/quote]
Well Wiifit is for you to exercise inside your house.. For $80 you'll get a gym.. inside your house i'll buy that :dance:

Werbung:

Becky

I've done a quick bit of research and these games seem to be the same. There's an IGN article here which calls it Family Trainer Athletic World.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/820/820944p1.html

Closing this thread, but thanks for bringing us the info anyway Ryano. :)

Here's the Wii Family Trainer thread where you can continue discussion: http://wiipros.co.uk/wii-family-trainer-t-2253.html

Status
Not open for further replies.