Wii DVD update soon?

Werbung:

vpd1993

i heard from the official website of the wii that if you bought the wii before December you could play dvds and cds but if you bought it after then you cant and theres no possible way to get it unless you mod it which might mess it up and also i'll try to find the site where it said that

hockeyhero

vpd1993 said:
i heard from the official website of the wii that if you bought the wii before December you could play dvds and cds but if you bought it after then you cant and theres no possible way to get it unless you mod it which might mess it up and also i'll try to find the site where it said that

why would the wii that were bought before december play dvds and the one's that were bought after doesn't?

p.s. do you have the link for the website?

hockeyhero

Apakarta said:
yeah i wonder too...cuz we in europe and japan got it in december, so its only wiis in usa who can play dvds if thats true

i dont think it's true because what difference do the wii that were sold before december have with the wii that were sold after...it's not like they upgraded it or something... and even if the wii sold before december play dvds dont you think everyone would know about by now?

Ryano

sad said:
I really want more updates from nintendo.. including the dvd suppourt!

Well if I personnaly were to choose one update for my Wii I would much prefer a demo channel, ya know to be honest I don't really care if we get a dvd update or not...

hockeyhero

Ryano said:
sad said:
I really want more updates from nintendo.. including the dvd suppourt!

Well if I personnaly were to choose one update for my Wii I would much prefer a demo channel, ya know to be honest I don't really care if we get a dvd update or not...

i myself, since i have 3 dvd player, want the demo channel but thats just me...some people dont have a dvd player in their room or something and they would like to have it...

LinkHylian

Giga-Bowser said:
I was just thinking if they have done a keyboard update what about a DVD/CD update and an update to use USB music/MP3 players.
What do you lot think and what about the internet channel?

that would be really cool dude.

jesta

wii-d-thumb.jpg

"We got a tip about a mysterious Wii peripheral from a guy who knows a girl who's friends with an "insider" earlier today. Oh, how I love the daisy-chain of tipsters our info sometimes passes through.

Let me start by saying I'm like 99.9 percent sure this is fakery. The above picture is supposed to be of the Wii D, some sort of device, that judging by the looks of it, will play DVDs. Thing is, Nintendo has officially said they no longer plan to release a DVD player for the Wii.

I actually confirmed this at the New York event and it got lost in the sea of coverage. But just to be sure I checked back with Nintendo and they reiterated they currently have no plans to make a DVD player attachement for the Wii.

The lesson here, for all of you buddying photoshop players out there, is to check your rumors before you start creating fake images to pass around.

For the record, the main reason I'm posting this was to let people know that Nintendo has nixed the Wii DVD player." Source

kaitora

well i guess the dvd is eagerly anticipated, but i wonder how many people that want it, actually have DVD players to play DVD's?

Gdog

jesta said:
News just in! lol

"Unofficial Wii DVD Playback Now Available, Requires Modded Wii!!"
mario-dvd-attack.jpg

"It looks like DVD playback is finally available for Wii, but it doesn't come from Nintendo and it will require you to have a modded console â€â€Âlike those Nintendo doesn't want you to have. Team Symbiote's hack looks simple, but requires you to start up from a CD and then change to the DVD. Not very practical but if it works as claimed it shows Nintendo can do it. So why the Big N doesn't give us DVD playback on Wii? Our thoughts and a poll after the jump.

The only reasonable explanation is that DVD playback will make the Nintendo more expensive or their margins less juicy, as it will require them to pay licensing fees. However, if it's possible to do this in software, one way to do it would be to release a DVD Channel in their Shopping Channel and get the final user pay those fees. Easy and painless for everyone, but

Would you buy a DVD Channel for your Wii?" link

That looks like it would work, but honestly, I wouldnt trust it...

sear69

Gdog said:
jesta said:
News just in! lol

mario-dvd-attack.jpg

"It looks like DVD playback is finally available for Wii, but it doesn't come from Nintendo and it will require you to have a modded console â€â€Âlike those Nintendo doesn't want you to have. Team Symbiote's hack looks simple, but requires you to start up from a CD and then change to the DVD. Not very practical but if it works as claimed it shows Nintendo can do it. So why the Big N doesn't give us DVD playback on Wii? Our thoughts and a poll after the jump.

The only reasonable explanation is that DVD playback will make the Nintendo more expensive or their margins less juicy, as it will require them to pay licensing fees. However, if it's possible to do this in software, one way to do it would be to release a DVD Channel in their Shopping Channel and get the final user pay those fees. Easy and painless for everyone, but

No I would not trust it either, I think I would rather wait for nintendo to do something

Gdog

sear69 said:
Gdog said:
jesta said:
News just in! lol

mario-dvd-attack.jpg

No I would not trust it either, I think I would rather wait for nintendo to do something

Here is the main problem with the fact that Nintendo might make this update. It will probably be a hardware update, meaning new wii's. For those of us who already own wiis, we will miss out on this.

Werbung:

sear69

Well if they brought out a hardware update I think I would just contact them directly and ask for mine to be updated with it for free!