Wii DVD update soon?

Gdog

it isnt a software update that wud solve this. it wud b a hardware solution. only way to do that is to have a recall on all wiis

Werbung:

supersujay

nope i mean was there one last night or this morning b/c my wii turns blue every time there is one but my wii remote are charging there battries so i can't change now

beerbert

i would like it to play dvds but if u have to pay for the firmware from the shopping channel then no cuz i got loads of other dvd players in me house

AndreasC

What I'd like to see is:

* Demo Channel
* HDD and external drive support through the use of USB
* Media Channel: A channel that acts and works just like an MP4-player, like iTunes. You should be able to play ACC, MP3 and every other major music format, as well as the most popular video formats, directly from your external memory of choice.

jesta

News just in! lol

"Unofficial Wii DVD Playback Now Available, Requires Modded Wii!!"
mario-dvd-attack.jpg

"It looks like DVD playback is finally available for Wii, but it doesn't come from Nintendo and it will require you to have a modded console â€â€Âlike those Nintendo doesn't want you to have. Team Symbiote's hack looks simple, but requires you to start up from a CD and then change to the DVD. Not very practical but if it works as claimed it shows Nintendo can do it. So why the Big N doesn't give us DVD playback on Wii? Our thoughts and a poll after the jump.

The only reasonable explanation is that DVD playback will make the Nintendo more expensive or their margins less juicy, as it will require them to pay licensing fees. However, if it's possible to do this in software, one way to do it would be to release a DVD Channel in their Shopping Channel and get the final user pay those fees. Easy and painless for everyone, but

Would you buy a DVD Channel for your Wii?" link

Zigurat

I don't really care if the Wii can play dvd's or not, I like it the way it is. But for some people it would be a nice feature though.

GoldenAssassin

The argument that "everyone has a DVD player" is bull.

True, most (if not all) gamers own at least one DVD player in their house. However, perhaps the room where the Wii is located does not have a DVD player also. Maybe it would just be more convenient to be able to play DVDs on the Wii so that you can remove the DVD Player box from your television stand. There are several factors why gamers would want DVD capabilites on their Wii.

In my case, I'm living in an apartment with three other blokes. We have a 30" flatscreen in the living room with a DVD player, cable box, and PS3. However, in my bedroom I only have a 14" television, my Wii, and no DVD player. I have to play DVDs from my laptop everytime I want to watch something from bed.

That being said, I would very much appreciate a firmware update.

Werbung: