Widgetizer

vile

Not sure where to put this, but I know that widgetizer causes desyncs when optimizing doodads.
When I used it on my map a while ago, it caused many bugs, such as dropped items,
or weird trigger glitches.

Anyone knows whats the best options to put when using widgetizer to prevent such cases?
I know that disabling the optimization of doodads prevents the doodad desync bug.

Werbung:

Splatt

The best option is....not using widgetizer at all....lol....joking,i don't really know,since i never used it(i never made big projects,so my maps loading time is pretty good)...

Splatt

I never use widgetizer, I just stay with vexorians map optimizer :)
[/b]
Vexorians map optimizer and Widgetizer are compatible(you can use both on your map,but i am not sure in what order),but seeing as how it makes your map buggy(The Widgetizer),i reccomend that you only use Vexorians map optimizer. :infernal:

vile

Well, so far so good. I used both widgetizer and vexorian's. It seems that big buffer sizes like 64k with vexorian's optimizer using the ZLib deflate compression causes alot of crashes. Using smaller buffer size fixed my crashes. Anyhow, widgetizer greatly improved my loading time and the general map's performance. I guess i gotta play with it.

ragingspeedhorn

Well goo luck with it :p

On another note, cool that you are the Age of Myths creator, I really like that map but never bothered to tjeck who actually made it :D

IPEONRUSH-SHIP

I use Widgetizer on PIrateships and 13attleships

When using widgetizer on 13attleships i did notice a lot of glitches in the map caused by the emerge spell,(was buggy to start) however i can't verify that it was caused by the widgetizer, otherwise i saw no real problems. I will test it on my new map pirateships as soon as i get a chance, using all the options available with and without triggered spells.

tip: When using it i recommend you keep it on default.

tip: Widgetizer is meant to be used before optimizing with vex's.

Description: What widgetizer does is delete all the unused items/doodads/spells/abilities/units/buffs/etc from the map so that the map loads faster in game.
I will update you with my testing results soon.

james1654

Nobody likes a necromancer in a forum, though.

I'm not a fan of map protection as I like to be able to open my map very fast to make small changes.

Werbung:

Fladian

This forum is so unactive it could use some posts.
[/b]
Some forum parts cannot get active, even if they wanted to, Zoxc. There is very little to discuss with something like this, therefore it quickly gets very inactive.

I personally cannot do much with it either as I have little, to no experience with Warcraft's Modding Tools and know too little about it to start a discussion about it.