Why do you think Call of Duty has such a long lasting appeal?

Soulwatcher

I like Call of Duty just as much as the next guy. How ever I am getting tired of playing the same game over and over. The game has not had any innovation sense COD MW and that game was made 4 years ago.

Yet people keep buying COD like its the only video game on earth. For a lot of people its the only game they play all year. I just don't get it, I am board of the latest COD a month after release. Why do you think Call of Duty has such a long lasting appeal?

Werbung:

iebo00

I don't know about the newer games, but the first two CoD games were intense. I remember the first time I played the first mission, and those paratroopers fall through the sky and the Nazi's open up. And there is that Russian mission where you're charging up the hill and the ground is shaking. It was insane and I loved it.

Trebob33

I think people become obsessed with the multiplayer and can't get enough. I only like to play through campaign and some multiplayer so. I think it is also that people are very competitive and want to reach the highest prestige and have the best k/d and the only way to do that is by playing a lot.

houstonwild

Personally, I don't even like the multiplayer in MW2 or Black Ops. I stick to MW for the online play.

The only reason I even bought and played MW2 and Black Ops was because they offered such a fantastic campaign that it was too good to refuse.

Roger117

The main thing is probably the hype. Then comes the structure of the multiplayer and then actual gameplay. Personally I think it's largely the hype around the series.

Colour

Well the game isn't popular the popularity is popular MW and MW2 were good but WAW was terrible and Black Ops was ok however I would never have gotten Black Ops if it weren't for the fact that everyone else was getting it and I needed to stay in the loop

ben123

People know the name by now. Everybody is used to it and it continues to please people today. It's a franchise that has been going strong for a long time and things like new maps, missions, guns, ect keep people coming back for more.

Graiden

In my opinion, this games reinvents itself a lot. It's fun , very enjoyable and got the pro stage if you want to do it. You can play it for fun or go advanced .

MonkeyButt

Basically, the name sells itself. People who are new to the Call of Duty series mostly likely started playing because of how popular it is. The game is also fun while satisfying. I don't think the series will come to an end any time soon. I doubt they would stop making something that pays their bills and such.

skowe

i agree with monkybutt the name of the game sells it self the game's popularity is huge and constantly rising the only way i can think of to beat CODs popularity now is that some other popylar first person shuter overcomes it in every way most possible candidates are BF and CS by my opinion and if people cant see that cod cant see that they are making reproductions of MW then cod will not stop selling any time soon

oninightmare

I believe it is only as big as people that say it is. It isn't the best shooter game out there but a lot of people think it is and hey that's their own opinion. I think anything that has to do with modern warfare will get lots of hype, this is just one of those games.

Yeah
People know the name by now. Everybody is used to it and it continues to please people today. It's a franchise that has been going strong for a long time and things like new maps, missions, guns, ect keep people coming back for more.
I guess it started as a little group then people passed the word around. That is most likely what happened.

Super Six 4

It's the hype and the kids. The hype gets a lot of people, including kids, pumped up, and then they preorder and such, and then the kids are able to play it for longer because well, they're younger and can take it for longer.

oninightmare

It's the hype and the kids. The hype gets a lot of people, including kids, pumped up, and then they preorder and such, and then the kids are able to play it for longer because well, they're younger and can take it for longer.

I think it comes with age. The older you get the more demanding of a game you want, while others just get a game since everyone talks about it. I get your general idea though.

Werbung: