What would you like to see in a campaign?

Fladian

Make spell recovery really high so that you can send waves of spells at the pc![/b]
Since I cut the health of the general characters at least in half, seeing many spells at the same time, is not the first thing you'll see... if anything at all.

i dont know if you know the baldurs gate and icewind dale series, but they had a lot of riddles puzzels and quests that actually triggered you to think. i liked that very much and i would love to see that in more games.
[/b]
I got a feeling I got something in common with you... the Baldurs Gate series is a game I recently started to play again, only to discover that it is still one of my all-time favorite games :p

Werbung:

Escurial

Yea im resently playing planescape: torment.
That game if too good for words but i try to lift it up anyway!!
the story is so good and so unbelievably vague and hinty (just like i like stories. you dont get every detail of information so that you keep lusting for more!)
it cant win from baldursgate though, since baldursgate is bigger and has more quests and you got a lot more freedom!

I really miss intelligence in recently created and upcomming games. two of the last great games created where also from bioware. knights of the old republic and jade empire. (sadly i dont got a xbox :()

If you play recently created rpg's and rts than you'll notice that they are lozing as much story as they gain grafics. I would rather have it the other way. but sadly that dosnt seem to sell. people want stupid games, like fable and command and conquer generals.

I would love to see a sparkling story in your campaign!

Fladian

I really miss intelligence in recently created and upcomming games. two of the last great games created where also from bioware. knights of the old republic and jade empire. (sadly i dont got a xbox :()[/b]
Game creators are more aiming for game play and graphics more than anything else nowadays, since that is what sells the best. Story is in general important, but if you'd see a comercial with great graphics and an attracting game play, it gives more the urge of getitng the game, than trying to explain a story.

A story can only be showed the best if you would play the game, but then comes the question, how could you let people play a game?

If you play recently created rpg's and rts than you'll notice that they are lozing as much story as they gain grafics. I would rather have it the other way. but sadly that dosnt seem to sell. people want stupid games, like fable and command and conquer generals.[/b]
I played Fable for a short time at a friend, but not long enough to make a real opinion out of it, but I can't say I heard bad things about it. Perhaps the hype became a bit too big... a lot of things have good ideas, but the hype becomes too big, the popularity is just too high, so people will automaticly 'dislike it'.
Take eh... Pokemon as an example. The base idea is pretty good in general, but because of the show and the hype around it, many people quickly decided they shouldn't like it still be "cool."

I would love to see a sparkling story in your campaign!
[/b]
If you want a taste of the story of my project, read the story in the Stories Galore forum named 'If, and only if.' The Campaign starts the moment the story officially ends.

Escurial

Game creators are more aiming for game play and graphics more than anything else nowadays, since that is what sells the best. Story is in general important, but if you'd see a comercial with great graphics and an attracting game play, it gives more the urge of getitng the game, than trying to explain a story.

A story can only be showed the best if you would play the game, but then comes the question, how could you let people play a game?
[/b]
yea i know. a picture is worth a thousand words.

I played Fable for a short time at a friend, but not long enough to make a real opinion out of it, but I can't say I heard bad things about it. Perhaps the hype became a bit too big... a lot of things have good ideas, but the hype becomes too big, the popularity is just too high, so people will automaticly 'dislike it'.
Take eh... Pokemon as an example. The base idea is pretty good in general, but because of the show and the hype around it, many people quickly decided they shouldn't like it still be "cool."
If you want a taste of the story of my project, read the story in the Stories Galore forum named 'If, and only if.' The Campaign starts the moment the story officially ends.
[/b]

YOU ACCUSE ME OF DISLIKING POPULAIR THINGS!!!
You are currently reading the typo's of a retired pokemon fan. also i loved southpark and the simpsons. both very populair. i played doom3 and fable.
I liked doom3 but fable had a lack of story and stole their combat system from zelda(partly) and their monsters where extreamly stupid. and the game was way to easy. i didnt die once. and with those resurrectionpotions i could have died 400 times.

Ill read you story. im very interested.

Fladian

yea i know. a picture is worth a thousand words.[/b]
Exactly.

YOU ACCUSE ME OF DISLIKING POPULAIR THINGS!!![/b]
I never said that. I have a liking to certain "overly popular" things as well.

You are currently reading the typo's of a retired pokemon fan. also i loved southpark and the simpsons. both very populair. i played doom3 and fable.[/b]
Despite not liking Southpark too much, I had a fondness on Pokemon and the Simpsons (still, preferrable) as well, though interests changes over time. The fondness also came because of several other reasons, which I still hold high, if necessary.

I liked doom3 but fable had a lack of story and stole their combat system from zelda(partly) and their monsters where extreamly stupid. and the game was way to easy. i didnt die once. and with those resurrectionpotions i could have died 400 times.[/b]
A... ah. I didn't know that. Like I said, I know too little about the game to make an honest and accurate comment about it.

Ill read you story. im very interested.
[/b]
Good luck. Most people are afraid of the size of it, I guess.

Escurial

A... ah. I didn't know that. Like I said, I know too little about the game to make an honest and accurate comment about it.
[/b]
No need to apologise.
I seem to be the only one in my opinion that it makes the game crappy. most people agree with me and then play more fable. :confused:

Good luck. Most people are afraid of the size of it, I guess.
[/b]

uh...

Fladian

No need to apologise.
I seem to be the only one in my opinion that it makes the game crappy. most people agree with me and then play more fable. :confused: [/b]
Addiction. Whether people like it or not, some games can be very addictive. Take the Sims as example, some people are annoyed with the game at a certain spot, but continue playing it. It is just very addictive.

uh...
[/b]
What's wrong? You aren't going to tell me that you're scared of the size as well, are you? :p

Escurial

Addiction. Whether people like it or not, some games can be very addictive. Take the Sims as example, some people are annoyed with the game at a certain spot, but continue playing it. It is just very addictive.
[/b]
Yea i know. ive been addicted to sims to. but i thruw it away when i had a dragon living in the whitehouse...
They should have stuck to simcity.
What's wrong? You aren't going to tell me that you're scared of the size as well, are you? :p
[/b]
...im not scared. im terrified. im gonna print it all out and read it in bed. jesus thats alot. i never write that much.
Ill read your story if you read mine :yay: (nah im gonna read yours anyway)

Fladian

Yea i know. ive been addicted to sims to. but i thruw it away when i had a dragon living in the whitehouse...
They should have stuck to simcity.[/b]
Not really. The Sims was a giant success, both for the sales as amusement, not even to mention addiction.

...im not scared. im terrified. im gonna print it all out and read it in bed. jesus thats alot. i never write that much. [/b]
Read it in bed? Uh... alright, have fun with it. Do know that there are still parts to come - though I only post them when people like it so far.

As for you never writing that much - I do. That is quite... normal for me; and you can expect more like that in general posts.

Ill read your story if you read mine :yay: (nah im gonna read yours anyway)
[/b]
Sure.

Escurial

Read it in bed? Uh... alright, have fun with it. Do know that there are still parts to come - though I only post them when people like it so far.
[/b]
I finished the first paragraph. its fun to read. ill add a comment later in stories galore. (when i finished more of the story)

As for you never writing that much - I do. That is quite... normal for me; and you can expect more like that in general posts.
[/b]

So you do. i hate that. i also hate people who qoute people all the time and then add replies to every qoute...

anyway when reading the first paragraph i wondered how on earth your gonna make a campaign about this. but i think alot will change with our forgetfull headached friend.

Fladian

I finished the first paragraph. its fun to read. ill add a comment later in stories galore. (when i finished more of the story)[/b]
Feel free to do it.

So you do. i hate that. i also hate people who qoute people all the time and then add replies to every qoute...[/b]
I used to do it differently, but that gets quite chaotic after a while, because I tend to continue conversations - meaning, that it will become quite long, and hard to follow without quotes.
Thank Decadence for changing my style. He was the only guy at Wc3c who decided to read all my posts and reply to every part of it :p

anyway when reading the first paragraph i wondered how on earth your gonna make a campaign about this. but i think alot will change with our forgetfull headached friend.
[/b]
You mean me? I don't got much of a headache at the moment. =) If it's about you, go to sleep early then.
As for the campaign. It isn't about 'If, and only if' story, it's what happens after the story officially ends. If both become a success, perhaps I'll be crazy enough to continue writing, though most basics are already done. Some of the characters in the story won't appear of course. Partly because there are quite an amount of people who'll die, and some other people are not in that part of the world.
As you may learn in the story of 'If, and only if', despite that Herasiel and Taos are both still alive and traveling for some time, they only met once. Just like Clyde and Jade never met each other or Price that keeps seeing Black, not mattering if he wants it or not - which is quite fast revealed, that the two don't like each other.

As for the project, I'll probably make a thread about it sometime soon. I'm requesting a few things from some friends - like music to use, a picture for a banner, etc.

*uhhum*
I'll be watching TV.

Deadly-Tauren

I want See in Campaing:Good cinemas(not too longs, not too shorts),Good Models,Good Custom Music(Music give the real feel of map),Beutiful Terrain with good doodads And Most of all: GOOD STORY!!! Story make Campaing good!! So there are my things... :infernal:

Werbung: