What would you like to see in a campaign?

Fladian

Tell me, what would you like to see in a campaign. Since the fact that I am making a sort of campaign, RPGish project, I could use all the kind of suggestions possible :p

So, what would you like to see? Large area's to explore? Talking to characters to effect areas? Puzzles to solve? Whatever you say, all of it will help... eventually :p

Werbung:

Arkidas

I would like puzzles, cinematics, optional quests and everything sweet.
Nice items and spells are very important of course additinally :D

Fladian

A few more details would be appreciated, Arky ;) Like, what kind of quests would you be hoping for?

Come to think of it, I might as well ask this question:
'Would you like it, if you had the free will to talk with people to change the area.' Let me explain.
When you talk to character 'A', character 'B' would say something else. But if you would talk to character 'B', character 'A' would become hostile. But if you would talk to character 'C' first before anything else, character 'A' and character 'B' would become hostile to each other.
Would you guys like such a feature?

Arkidas

Yes I like that.
It makes you think the campaign is huge as it probably is if you do it like that.
Maybe select from a few characters to play too :)

Fladian

Making more characters playable goes a little too far for me. Having one main character and changing his 'personality' by interactions with other characters is hard enough as it is.

Fladian

Making something unique is very hard to do. After all, most thigns are done already, and I am not the type to brag that I did something that was never done before.

Though I do have an idea, I can't remember anyone else doing before, but I'll have my hands full on that.

Kem Rixen

Being able to change things in the world is always fun, you seem to have the idea slightly with the talking to differant people changes things. Puzzles are also really fun, the WarCraft 3 engine is really good for that sort of thing.

Fladian

A lot of experimenting eventually results in an amount of possibilities.

Personally, I cannot remember anyone having the idea before of talking with characters changing the opinions of other characters. I am hoping to be the first to make such a thing :p

lord_carbo

--I would like it to be hard. Easy stuff is boring unless it has a good design. Doesn't need to be uberly hard, just challenging.

--Non repetitive! Repetitive stuff is much worse than easy stuff because not all easy things are bad, but all repetitive things are.

--I don't want combat to be dull. If there is a bossfight or something in the RPG, make it unique from other combat. If there is just plain old combat, make it fun and fast-paced.

--Each level should be different and unique. Making a dungeon like what you would find in a Zelda game, with multiple puzzles to solve and a plethara of rooms that you flip-flop through is a great way to make a good level, but also throw in a few levels like the one in RoC where you rescue the Acolytes, or when you kill the infected people, ect.

SeasonsOfLove

Puzzles are always really great.
The one thing I always disliked about campaigns though was the melee aspect of it. I usually cheat my way through those parts.
Campaigns that have lots of different aspects are fun. Just not too much melee, or it gets repetitive. Or not too much of any one thing, or it gets repetitive.

Fladian

Campaigns that have lots of different aspects are fun. Just not too much melee, or it gets repetitive. Or not too much of any one thing, or it gets repetitive.
[/b]
The building type of levels, you mean?
If so, then I share the thought. I hate such kind of levels, it gets repetitive, as you said.

SeasonsOfLove

Yeah. The levels where you start with a small base, and just have to build craploads of units to be able to take out an enemy base. Melee was my least favorite part of the WC3 campaigns.

Werbung:

Escurial

Make spell recovery really high so that you can send waves of spells at the pc!

And maybe some riddles and puzzels. i dont know if you know the baldurs gate and icewind dale series, but they had a lot of riddles puzzels and quests that actually triggered you to think. i liked that very much and i would love to see that in more games.