What the mess is d3d9.dll?

tamvan92

Hey everyone,

I had been playing CA for months until my hard drive crashed and I was forced to reformat. I redownloaded CA and installed just as I had the old one. However, when I click start to enter the game, a window labeled Themida pops up and says: "Cannot find 'd3d9.dll'. Please re-install this application."

I have re-installed to no avail. I have also tried downloading d3d9.dll from dll-files.com but a different problem comes up. Can anyone help me? I would like to start playing again.

Related note: I play clean. No hacks. The members of EngineeredPlague can vouch for me.

Thanks!

Werbung:

DarkLink

I don't think there is such a thing of a d3d9.dll file, never heard of anything like it. Well except for the one in the Combat Arms folder, and that would be: d3dx9_35.dll

But anyway, try turning over to Crossfire, see if you like it.

-False

Stop trying to hack, dude.

d3d9.dll is a file associated with hacks. You need it to run the cheats.

Instead of trying to download talent, try to earn the skill respectively, kid.

tamvan92

Update: after running my Direct Diagnostic, I found that I'm running DirectX 8.1. I probably need an upgrade don't I? I also found a file named d3d8.dll. Is this related?

tamvan92

I'm sorry for triple posting, but I figured out my problem and am currently fixing it.

After comparing the specs of my home pc to those of my laptop and running the diagnostic, I found that the pc was running DirectX 9.0c while the laptop was running the aforementioned 8.1. I need a newer version of DirectX.

And to those douches who don't know anything. Yes, d3d9.dll is associated with hacks BECAUSE hackers use it to run hacks. HOWEVER, d3d9.dll is also a necessary component of DirectX in order for your computer to run graphic related programs correctly. DirectX 9.0c has d3d9.dll in its file folder and DirectX 8.1 does not. This is the reason for the failure. So to those of you who still think I hack, frick off. Run your DirectX Diagnostic and look under the DirectX 9.0c files. You will see d3d9.dll on the list. I guarantee it.

I hope this will of some help to those of you honest players who are suffering from the same problem as me. Just update your DirectX and everything should work out.

Werbung:

DarkLink

Stop trying to hack, dude.

d3d9.dll is a file associated with hacks. You need it to run the cheats.

Instead of trying to download talent, try to earn the skill respectively, kid.

Would you mind shutting up if you do not know what you're saying?

The file associated with hacks would be: d3dx9_39.dll
and the file associated with Combat Arms and it needs it to run is: d3dx9_35.

After some research, d3d9.dll seems to be a file that DirectX uses. It seems you need a newer version of DirectX, 8.1 is not the most recent version.

Also, it seems that d3d8.dll is also another file that goes with the DirectX kit. Downloading the newest version of DirectX should do the trick.