Troll survival type of map

abdumac

hi guys,

I am making a map similar to island troll tribes, ice trolls tribes, or jungle troll tribes. The point of the map will be the last tribe standing in the map. If you'v played one of the troll games you know what im talking about. PLEASE HELP ME!

I need trigger help, if your intrestred.

I want a trigger that says:

when a unit has the item "stone" in slot #1, "Stick" in slot #2, and "Tinder" in slot #3, remove all these items from the units inventory, and give the unit another item (fire) in slot 1 or some other slot.

If some one can help me i'd really apreciate it please post soon. Thx sooo much.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Jessica, there is no reason to post an image, because his question is about triggers, so either help him with the trigger, or don't post at all please.

abdumac

can some one actually writhe down the trigger for me in this post like

EXAMPLE
<event>unit gets items in slot !
<condition>blablablabla
<action>blablalba

just writh down the trigger in this forum thx

Here is a very basic way of doing it.

Code:
ITEM TRIGGER
????Events
????????Unit - Paladin 0000 <gen> Acquires an item
????Conditions
????Actions
????????If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
????????????If - Conditions
????????????????(Item-type of (Item carried by Paladin 0000 <gen> in slot 1)) Equal to A ITEM
????????????Then - Actions
????????????????If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
????????????????????If - Conditions
????????????????????????(Item-type of (Item carried by Paladin 0000 <gen> in slot 2)) Equal to B ITEM
????????????????????Then - Actions
????????????????????????If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
????????????????????????????If - Conditions
????????????????????????????????(Item-type of (Item carried by Paladin 0000 <gen> in slot 3)) Equal to C ITEM
????????????????????????????Then - Actions
????????????????????????????????Item - Remove (Item carried by Paladin 0000 <gen> in slot 1)
????????????????????????????????Item - Remove (Item carried by Paladin 0000 <gen> in slot 2)
????????????????????????????????Item - Remove (Item carried by Paladin 0000 <gen> in slot 3)
????????????????????????????????Item - Create FINAL ITEM at (Position of Paladin 0000 <gen>)
????????????????????????????Else - Actions
????????????????????????????????Do nothing
????????????????????Else - Actions
????????????????????????Do nothing
????????????Else - Actions
????????????????Do nothing

-Dest

abdumac

thank you so much hunter, i really appreciate it i get how to do it now, but is there any other ways i could do that? if not , that's fine i'll just do it the way u showed it. thx again.

Undead_Lives

You could create a variable for each of the items, and then do something like this:
Code:
Item Trigger
Events
A Unit Aquires an Item
Conditions
_Variable_ is in slot 1
-Variable- is in slot 2
=Variable= is in slot 3
Actions
Same as Hunter's, except you replace the items with variables.
However, this way you have to create a seperate trigger, that would go like this:
Code:
Specify Items
Events
Map Initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set _Variable_ to...
etc.
NOTE: I just made this up on the spot. So that's why it's not exactly like the real thing :p. But you get my idea.

abdumac

o good idea undead, but i could do it eather way, thx for both of u guys' help if you find any other ways just keep on posting, im looking for the easiest way possible. thx again guys and i'll be sure to give credit to EVERYONE who helps me in any way.

Xeridanus

you have to admit, thats a very nice tank. would go well with the ferrari i have in my garage... :p yeah right, as if i'd have a ferrari.

as for the trigger(s):

var boolean tinder, stone, stick

event
unit aquires an item
conditions
(nil)
actions
if item type of item being manipulated equal to tinder
then
set tinder = true
else
do nothing
(do this for each item)
if tinder = true and stone = true and stick = true
then
remove tinder from hero manipulating item.
remove stick from hero manipulating item.
remove stone from hero manipulating item.
give fire to hero manipulating item

sorry if you can't understand any of this, i don't have my cd with me, otherwise i'd do it in the editor and copy as text to here.

EDIT: the stoopid thingo didn't post when i told it to, when i came back it was still sitting there. this would have gone in after post #4. i can't remember all the functions but if you use the ones up there you'll either have to make a loop from 1 to 6 and check each slot or, force these items to go into the right slot. (make sure the destination slot is empty first)

Well I know my way isn't the only one and that well that mine takes longer, but it it simpler :p
Oh, Undead, if you trigger is the same, like mine, except with variables and another tirgger, wouldn't that make it harder? o.0 (Just Wondering)

I would reccomend Xer's way.

abdumac

Undead is rignt, i didn't really ask for an easier way, although i am looking for the easiest way, but something that may seem easier to you may not to others, so any way im just saying that even it you think the way you would like me to do it isn't the easiest or simplest, plz, just post it. Like i said something that may seem hard to someone may seem easy to someone else or vice-versa. PLEASE CONTINUE POSINT ANY OTHER WAY YOU HAVE FOULD OF DOING THIS TASK. Thank you all soooooo much.

Werbung: