SHOULD a gun's cartridge determine its damage?

Will50Wester

Different kind of guns use different types of bullets, some are heavier and packs more punch, some are lighter and travels FASTER(edit). The most common types of bullets found in automatic weapons are the 5.56mm, the 7.62mm, and the 9mm. Although some guns may have an ammo type of their own, it's only a few of them, like the P90 with its 5.7mm(edit) ammo. In CA, the G36 is about the THIRD(edit) most powerful assaut rifle there is, just behind the AK-47. It amazes me how much more damage a G36 can do compared to some other guns that use the same bullet, the 5.56 x 45mm NATO round. In CA, the G36 can usually kill in 3 or 4 shots, but an M4, which uses the exact same bullet, takes at least 4 to 5 shots to get a kill, then there's the M16 that also uses the 5.56 x 45mm NATO, but it takes 6 or more shots to get a kill with it, so what's up?

Werbung:

FurinKazan42

It's a good point, and the G36E's low rank power annyos me somewhat (trying not to get off topic), but I'd like to ask, What guns damage do you think it should do? Also you have to remember this is a game, and Nexon *tries* to balance things out along the ranks etc. etc.

Jordan B

G36E should have a CSM 1 rank requirement. Would solve alot of problems.

And no, damage at the moment is fine and balanced, and you got something wrong - The G36E is the 3RD strongest Assault rifle, behind the Ak47 (2nd) , and the M14 ( 1st ) .

yocool

the reason bout the damage diff is that some guns u know have the bullets shooting faster out the barrel depending on the length. like the andaconda 8 inch does more damage then the 6 inch.

Will50Wester

the reason bout the damage diff is that some guns u know have the bullets shooting faster out the barrel depending on the length. like the andaconda 8 inch does more damage then the 6 inch.

well the M16 definitely has a longer barrel than the M4, but it still deals less damage than the M4. So a longer barrel doesn't mean a stronger gun, it means more accuracy. I would think a longer barrel should do LESS damage though, cause it has more contact time with the bullet after firing than a shorter barrel does, and the more time that bullet spends in the barrel, the more velocity it loses. For example, why do you think a sawed off shotgun deals more damage than a regular shotgun?

Miran_Eitan

I'm...confused.

Are you trying to compare real physics to a fictional arcade style shooter?

If so, your knowledge on the way rifles work is pretty horrid. I'm not going to tear apart your posts just because it isn't worth my time, but I'll say this.

Just because a bullet is big, doesn't mean it's slow. Generically it's the opposite. A 7.62 hits around 2,500 feet per second on average. A .22 Long Rifle shell fires at around 1,200. The only advantage of a smaller round for the most part is penetration and they don't tend shoot really flat instead of in an arc. If you've ever fired a 45-70, once you aim at targets farther than 200 yards it's like lobbing a baseball at the stupid thing. Just because it goes flat, doesn't mean further. A .22 can only reach out to about two hundred yards max. That's the furthest I've ever made a shot anyway. I hit a deer just south of Farragut near Northern Idaho with a 600-700 yard shot with my 30-06 Savage. The 30-06 is just an amped up 7.62.

The P90 is 5.7mm.

And a longer barrel is better in real life. The M-4A1 sucks alotta dick in real life, due to the fact that they cut off a good ten inches off an already shitty gun. You loose accuracy and you loose feet per second. There's a fine balance on how many times the bullet has to rotate before it exits the barrel. You chop off the barrel and you fuck with the rifling. That's no good. The only thing Sawed Off shotguns are good for in real life are concealment, scaring people and making alotta noise. If you actually expect to get into a fight, it's a dumb idea to carry one. A full blown shotgun isn't a bad idea at all, but when you cut off the barrel...yeah. not smart.

Oh yeah, the deer was sleeping. It took me two shots, to dispel any of the "OMG WANNABESNIPZ!!!". If you know how to shoot, 600 yards shouldn't really be a problem.

Will50Wester

Hey I'm just saying how some of the physics in CA don't make sense, I'm not saying I'm a rifle expert and knows alot about them. But why do a gun lose feet per second if theres less spin on the bullet? I thought the reason they made rifling barrels was to improve the accuracy on the shot. And the 5.56mm is faster than the bigger 7.62mm, its's just common sense, less air resistance and lighter weight. 7.62mm sure does about 2500ft per second but 5.56mm usually tops 3000ft per second.

Werbung:

Will50Wester

umm I was asking why you said it would loose feet per second if it had a shorter barrel, and I admitted that the 5.56mm was faster than the 7.62mm, not greater range or more power.

But hey guys do you think some of the guns in the game really should get a little more realistic? I don't believe the G36 really does that much more damage than an M16....dammit nexon.

EDIT: LOL screw Obama he needs to get some better guns for our military if the M4 and the M16 are really suck-ish like that. Tell him the AK-47s can kill a marine with 3 shots but a marine needs 6 shots to kill the terrorist with his crappy M16 leftover from Vietnam, so only the terrorists' bad accuracy with the AK-47s is giving marines the advantage in a fire fight, if the terrorists actually knew how to shoot, then HELL NO!!!:eek: