School

Tenebrae

But I'd say: Screw the others, this is about you, you could care less what others might think of it.
[/b]

Ha ha, I actually have thought so of many people. But there are those whose opinion I care about.... sometimes...

I have this "lady" friend who was like my best friend ever since I moved here, but she recently came out and said I didn't have a chance with the girl I liked. At first, I let that discourage me, and I almost gave up. But then I woke up one morning and realized, "I don't have to take that crap!"
As much as I value her opinion (on some subjects, anyway), I think she bases such things off of limited evidence. She's only really ever seen my "loner" side, and has only barely glimpsed my more outgoing side.

However, that kind of personality has a down side. A big down side, mind you. They attract all kind of people to them, and those people aren't always the kind that you want around.
[/b]

*sigh*, how true that is. I actually have had to put up with quite a few of guys like that. For example, I knew this one kid who was totally nice to her (probably acted a little TOO charming, which I don't think she was very comfortable with), but then he later found out that I liked her, and up and says in my face, "Dude, she totally likes me more than you."
As with my friend, I just thought, "Whatever, I don't give a crap about what you think!" I was tempted to say that in his face, but I didn't want to sink to his level, so I just rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever," and walked off.
And then there's always the times at things like parties and such, she just gets totally surrounded by tons of friends. I, being one who prefers smaller groups, rarely get a chance to talk with her on those occasions...

Nah, you're just worried. Just go up and talk to her.
[/b]

Yeah, well, I guess its just that I've been put down too many times, and I'm really worried that it'll happen again. Most of my crushes have ended rather badly ever since I was.... 13? maybe it was 14... can't remember. But anyway, back then, I was a lot "nerdier" than I am now, and thus, none of those girls didn't really like me... in fact, most thought I was really annoying.
But now I've gotten so far with this particular girl, and I'm just dreading the moment when it falls apart. Although, I do keep reminding myself that the last thing she would do is hurt someones feelings by telling them to leave her alone, which most of the other girls pretty much did.

I did bump into her at school today, at which point I asked her how the fashion show went and apologizing for not going. As always, she just said it was okay as if it wasn't a big deal.
She's so good at shrugging things off. It makes me feel kinda guilty, really, because she makes me realize how stubborn I am. Everytime someone wrongs me in some way, I usually hold a grudge against them for the next month or so.... in certain cases, it lasts a lot longer.

But she, on the other hand, just thinks nothing of it. Like this one time, I asked her on a date, but it ended up being cancelled because the people originally planning the date totally screwed everything up. I would have been devastated if she was the one who asked me, and she ended up cancelling it. But she just said, "Oh.... well, maybe some other time?"

I guess that, amongst a few other things, is the key. I gotta learn to quit being so angry about stupid things all the time...

I'm a lot more worried here. :p Last friday (last time I spoke to her, excluding today) I kissed her to wish her luck. She gave no (particular) reaction to it - maybe because we were late to go to class - but she was a bit... 'quiet' today. I expected her very cheery. I didn't get the chance to give her her present yet either.
[/b]

Hmmm... maybe she's suddenly shy... hope everything turns out okay.

By the way, Fladian, have I ever mentioned before that your posts really help me think things out a lot better? You should be like a psychologist or something, lol.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Sorry to disrupt the huge posts, but I thought this thread needed variety :p
Anyways school's going ok for me, except for Spanish, which is where I lose brain cells. I never knew that most stupid people took Spanish >.>
Other than that, I've learned the value of doing homework at school. Especially since I have to walk home.

Fladian

EDIT: Quotes aren't working. I made it bold.

Ha ha, I actually have thought so of many people. But there are those whose opinion I care about.... sometimes...
There are people I care about, and how they would feel regarding what I do. I can guarantee you that I never made a 'move' (or flirted) with/on the girl I like while being among other classmates. Because of a lack of time, I did give her a quick 'good-luck' kiss while being around two former classmates, but I don't think they noticed much of it. If it would bother some others around me, I would never do anything... at least, as long as they are around.

However, I must admit that I didn't keep myself completely to what I just said. Just yesterday, Erik, argumentable my best friend at school, asked me why I didn't "want to go zwu with him," ('zwu' hours are lessons I have to fill in myself) after hesitating a bit. At that moment, I told him that "I'll go with him to the zwu, depending on what the others are going to do." In the end, they went home, therefore, so did I. He asked me on MSN why I didn't go with him. When I asked him why he asked, he answered in all honestly with: "I thought you were going for the girls..."
In truth, he was right. But it's for the best if I didn't tell him that - nor anyone other in my class.

I have this "lady" friend who was like my best friend ever since I moved here, but she recently came out and said I didn't have a chance with the girl I liked. At first, I let that discourage me, and I almost gave up. But then I woke up one morning and realized, "I don't have to take that crap!"
If she knows that girl better than you, then it might be useful to heed her words. Then there might be something about you which she (the girl you like, red.) probably wouldn't like. Possibly not referring to the 'loner' type of personality, but to something else instead. You might want to look in that, though I stick to my opinion that you shouldn't change (if you don't want to, that is) just for someone.

As for myself, yes, I did change for someone. When I messed something up, I was full of confidence and motivation to change into a person that wouldn't have trouble with something like that - which I am now. But even though I changed my personality for a girl in specific, later I learned that I was doing it for myself instead. When I look back to how I used to be, I'd hate myself, though truth to be known, I still hate myself. :p I'm quite an asshole, after all.

As much as I value her opinion (on some subjects, anyway), I think she bases such things off of limited evidence. She's only really ever seen my "loner" side, and has only barely glimpsed my more outgoing side.
If she truly is your "best friend," then she is able to see more of you than your loner side, even if you didn't show that to her. You must know the saying, 'friends don't need words to understand each other,' or something like that. I experienced that (especially) during my second year of high school, when I made some real friends (the people I still hang out with, red.). Just by looking at each other, we knew exactly what to do, what to say or until what extend we could do something. We still can, mind you, despite only seeing each other a few times every three months.
In opposite of my memory (and my eyes, which I still want tested), I have a very good hearing. Much better than the average person - and it annoys me more than I like it. This usually results in the fact that I know what people mean because I heard it earlier, but ignored it. However, just being good friends with each other (really good friends), are usually able to figure out the personality of someone (completely) even when that person doesn't tell anything.

*sigh*, how true that is. I actually have had to put up with quite a few of guys like that. For example, I knew this one kid who was totally nice to her (probably acted a little TOO charming, which I don't think she was very comfortable with), but then he later found out that I liked her, and up and says in my face, "Dude, she totally likes me more than you."
As with my friend, I just thought, "Whatever, I don't give a crap about what you think!" I was tempted to say that in his face, but I didn't want to sink to his level, so I just rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever," and walked off.
Sounds like quite an immature guy... pretty much similar to another guy I know... unfortunately. "If I could give him an award, I'd definitely give him the award of being the most annoying guy ever," as I said to a friend at school. I've tried to explain it to another classmate how annoying he was... but I failed quite badly in it. I remained stuck after: "He's just plain annoying... and to make matters worse, he and I have a rivalty towards each other."
It is ironic though. He and I were aiming for the same girl and we did just about everything to crush each other as a result. He was a lot more harsher than me in some ways, and that's why he finally lost. When the end of the year was approaching, I joked to a friend or two: "Who do you think will be more successful at a girl? A player, or someone like me?" Eventually, I was chosen above him... and still am.

Regardless, when someone like that says something about that, you should just completely ignore it. Such thigns are usually done to fill himself with confidence, which is quite logical.

And then there's always the times at things like parties and such, she just gets totally surrounded by tons of friends. I, being one who prefers smaller groups, rarely get a chance to talk with her on those occasions...
The girl I like has (clearly) more friends than I have, which I'm not too surprised about either, knowing her personality and the one of my own from the past.
In parties such things usually happen though. When someone is spontaneous in a positive way, something like that is often the result.

I have no real preferrence to any size of groups of people I hang out with. I learned recently that I have no real trouble with being with a lot of familiar people or small groups. Depends a bit on my mood and the purpose, I guess. I'm not sure about her, but I think she prefers large groups. She's a type of person for that.

Yeah, well, I guess its just that I've been put down too many times, and I'm really worried that it'll happen again.
A rejection straight in the face is pretty painful. I found it out in a subtle way though. I can't possibly imagine how a really good friend of mine should have felt. Would you ask me, are you picky at girls only two or three years ago, I would have given a definite 'no.' I'd probably give an answer which is something like: 'I'd be happy with anyone who would come to my side,' or at least, that's what I would have said before I became what I am now - including being an asshole. I never kept my word on that.

Regardless, something like that shouldn't really stop you. If she doesn't like you, it's (probably) for a reason. If it's a bad reason, then you might want to consider if you really want to continue what you are doing. ("If she allows you to do all that... are you sure she's the right one?" - Sandhia)

Most of my crushes have ended rather badly ever since I was.... 13? maybe it was 14... can't remember. But anyway, back then, I was a lot "nerdier" than I am now, and thus, none of those girls didn't really like me... in fact, most thought I was really annoying.
If that has changed, then... well, then, just. :p

Last thursday I talked with a (girl)friend of mine who attended to the same high school as me. I showed her some old school photo's of me and my classes. She knew several people from those photo's ("Hey, that's Jesse. Oh! And that's Josephine!" "Wow! You really changed! I mean, is that really you?") and knew some better than I did. My first crush (ever) was a girl she knew as well. As a matter of fact, she has been classmates with her for two years. I was shocked to hear that she became the 'loser of the class' in their senior year and that she has a baby right now. Last time I talked to her - three years ago - she didn't even have a boyfriend anymore. When I look back on it, I'm happy that I never tried on anything on her. She really wasn't my type... but I'll never forget her.
"Erwin! What are you doing here?!"
*glares coldly at her*
"I live here."
"Oh."

But now I've gotten so far with this particular girl, and I'm just dreading the moment when it falls apart. Although, I do keep reminding myself that the last thing she would do is hurt someones feelings by telling them to leave her alone, which most of the other girls pretty much did.
Again, I am familiar with that feeling. I am terrified of anything happening between some people and myself. Two months of time was the amount of time I used to discuss of doing some stuff to the girl I liked. The three possible results are very obvious for her, but I had a hard time imagining the most positive one - which in the end, didn't happen.

But if she is as spontaneous (this word really is a lot easier in my native language :p) as you say, then I am pretty confident in saying that she won't 'hurt your feelings.' Do mind hints though. Rinaldo and Pim (all two former classmates of mine) clearly didn't understand mine... :p

Do ask yourself the question: 'Why would she want to hurt your feelings?' The girl I currently like is fully aware that I like her - if not, then she is worse in taking a hint than Pim and Rinaldo combined and extremely naive - but despite that she has a boyfriend, she never made a sign of trying to avoid me. But that's what we're friends for, I guess. She also knows that I know (confusing, eh? :p) that I don't stand a chance on her. But oh well... life's tough. =P

I did bump into her at school today, at which point I asked her how the fashion show went and apologizing for not going. As always, she just said it was okay as if it wasn't a big deal.
That's part of such a personality, which is logical if you give it a little thought. Probably one of the reasons too why you'd like her.

If it was me apologizing, I'd probably shrug it off too quite quickly. But after leaving her pressence, I'd apologize once more. Usually such things are appreciated. ^^ But that's just me too. My apologies are usually not very serious anyway... ("If there is something I hate, then it is apologizing for real.")

She's so good at shrugging things off. It makes me feel kinda guilty, really, because she makes me realize how stubborn I am. Everytime someone wrongs me in some way, I usually hold a grudge against them for the next month or so.... in certain cases, it lasts a lot longer.
I have one extremely bad part in my personality - which I will not share on any forum, though it should be possible to figure it out - which is a (little) bit similar to what you mentioned. Or at least, the cause of it. Though my grudges to people don't usually appear quickly in a bad state. But when I really hold a grudge to someone (Rinaldo and my father, red.), something like that doesn't disappear easily, if it ever does.

"When I heard you like that, I was wondering. Who was the stubborn one again? Sandhia or you."

But she, on the other hand, just thinks nothing of it. Like this one time, I asked her on a date, but it ended up being cancelled because the people originally planning the date totally screwed everything up. I would have been devastated if she was the one who asked me, and she ended up cancelling it. But she just said, "Oh.... well, maybe some other time?"
I can relate to that. I'm usually crushed by such things, but I don't really show any sign of it either. A quick "okay," or "sure" is usually all the reaction you'd get from me. But it's no secret that I'm emotionally weaker than I am mentally. ^^

Hmmm... maybe she's suddenly shy... hope everything turns out okay.
No, she was probably just very tired. Whatever it was, I had another talk with her today and finally able to give her her present.

She finally got her car license (after failing two or three times, I'm not sure) last monday afternoon. I've immediately sent her a quick sms to congratulate her - and a few minutes afterwards receiving a little thanks. The next day I pushed her during ICT-class, congratulating her again, which really wasn't a fine day at all. It happens once in a while that's she's really tired and is a bit... calm because of that. I'm guessing that was the case too, but I'm not really worried about it.
Today I had to be at school during my first period (therefore a late reply to this :p) because I had a meeting with a specific teacher. The meeting went fine and I met a (girl)friend of mine downstairs and had a little chat with her ("I really miss Mr. Schieven." "Yeah, despite being very strict, he really knew how to teach"). During our chat, I saw her walking downstairs, to the study-rooms. I ended our conversation only a few minutes afterwards to follow her there. The moment I entered, I was immediately looking for her, but because I didn't recognize her straight away, I went to a guy from my project-group, to have a little chat with him. On my way to him, I saw her sitting and she waved at me, and I in return.
I talked a little while with the guy, mostly about the assignments we had to make - and how much fun we are going to have; project-days are for some reason always hilarious for us - but eventually I left for the girl. Right before I entered the study-rooms, I placed the present I got her in my pocket.

Now get this straight. If anyone is used about my strange habits of doing things, then it is definitely she. From all people, she really isn't surprised anymore if I pop out of nowhere again at a place you'd never expect me, doing thing that are really off the scale normally and setting limits far differently than others do. She is also used to receiving some presents from me. When I still picked her up from work, I sometimes bought a (variation of) candy bar for her or something similar. Usually quite minor stuff of no real importance - she bought me dinner once though - and never worth more than about $1. This time it was a little different. This one was a bit more expensive... and more cute.

I greeted her with my usual greet when I'm at school: "Morguh." (free translated to: Mornin')
We got in a little conversation, like we usually do. Until I finally got to my point... and pretty much the reason why I wanted to talk to her alone. "I never really congratulated you, did I?" I asked, kissing her on the cheek. While she was facing me, I placed the present on her desk with my hand, going around her. When she looked back, she instantly turned happy and kissed me back. I guess that was the start of a good day. ^^

The day further at school was next to great. But I mentioned that earlier with a project-day. Despite that everyone is blaiming me for a power failure near the end of the day ("If it was a joke, it was a great one. I laughed so hard that I wished I had caused the power failure... but I didn't." "Seriously. It wasn't me!"). The type of humor you'd get when Franklin, Martijn and I are combined is truly a big one and nearly unavoidable. I really hope that all project-days will go like this. Being one of the best groups at the school and yet having such a load of fun is something I'd wish for at all times.
Also, because of an argument between Franklin, Martijn, someone else and myself I suddenly realized that this study course is really the thing I have been searching for, for all those years I've been in school. This is the thing I love to study. With people like Erik, Elianne and the others around me, I suddenly love school again more than I ever did before.

By the way, Fladian, have I ever mentioned before that your posts really help me think things out a lot better?
Could be. My memory isn't the greatest. But it's good to hear that they're useful. ^^

All in all, I love posting like this. But then again, it's one of my most favorite subjects. =) I am always free to talk about such.

You should be like a psychologist or something, lol.
Rather not. Doesn't really sound like something for me, nor could I live with the pressure. I live on stress and I have a habit of butting in on others' problems. The butting in resulted in loads of problems for me and a few threats, which I am not really proud of. But as long as I help people, it is always worth it.

Anyways school's going ok for me, except for Spanish, which is where I lose brain cells. I never knew that most stupid people took Spanish >.>
Gee... thanks. -_- I follow Spanish class too. I must admit that I really have a hard time with it. But I enjoy the classes, it's a lot of fun, except that my teacher keeps calling me Timo for some kind of reason. =\

Spanish is further a fun class. But I've never had Spanish in my life before, and it is one of the many languages I don't speak much of. But I don't mind learning it. However, it is not on my list of languages I am very eager to learn (those are: English, German, Dutch and Frisian). Eitherway, I am still not disappointed in my choice of languages (English and Spanish), knowing that I could only choose between German, English, Spanish and Frenc... uh... Spanish.

Other than that, I've learned the value of doing homework at school. Especially since I have to walk home.
That's what I use my zwu hours for... I have to make at least 12 a week, and I have an average of 4 a week. Yet I still don't have any homework left. ("It has been at least six years ago since I made my English homework... why break the tradition?") As for other homework... well, let me put it this way of all the classes I have:
Orientation: Well, as long as Wagener is still quite... uh... 'confused,' I don't think I have any trouble with that homework. :p
Laws: Well, I also have Wagener for that...
Dutch: my Dutch class is currently still occupied with a project. So it has no homework.
English: I mentioned this one before.
ICT1: I have my diploma for ICT for three years already and some of the people in my class already have it longer. I'm not sure why I have to follow that class again.
Spanish: I've explained this one before.
And those are all my classes (excluding project-day, which is a day-event and has no homework (thank god!)). Therefore, well... I don't really make zwu nor homework. :p

Tenebrae

Yeah, I guess we kinda have spent too much time on this subject.... but I'm still not finished, :p

If she knows that girl better than you, then it might be useful to heed her words. Then there might be something about you which she (the girl you like, red.) probably wouldn't like. Possibly not referring to the 'loner' type of personality, but to something else instead. You might want to look in that, though I stick to my opinion that you shouldn't change (if you don't want to, that is) just for someone.

.... well, yeah, actually, she does know her a lot better, but that's because they've both lived here for their whole lives, and I've only lived her for about three years.
To tell you the truth, I kind of do want to change, not just for the girl I like, but for a lot of other reasons too. I think I'm too emo, lol

If she truly is your "best friend," then she is able to see more of you than your loner side, even if you didn't show that to her.

Actually, she's not really my best friend anymore. I guess she did know about my more social side, but probably thought it was just an act I used whenever I was around certain people.

Regardless, something like that shouldn't really stop you. If she doesn't like you, it's (probably) for a reason. If it's a bad reason, then you might want to consider if you really want to continue what you are doing. ("If she allows you to do all that... are you sure she's the right one?" - Sandhia)

Well, she doesn't really have a reason to dislike me... as far as I know.... except that I'm a lot less confident than her, but in my current situation (I'm not that unconifident), I would hardly find that to be a good reason.

But if she is as spontaneous (this word really is a lot easier in my native language :p) as you say, then I am pretty confident in saying that she won't 'hurt your feelings.' Do mind hints though. Rinaldo and Pim (all two former classmates of mine) clearly didn't understand mine... :p
.... hmmm... what do you mean by "spontaneous"?

Do ask yourself the question: 'Why would she want to hurt your feelings?'
Well, I know for a fact that she would never intentionally do so, but if she ever did say something to the effect of "I just don't think it would work out," (which she likely won't ever say until we're like 20, if she ever does say something like that), I'd probably blame myself more than anyone.... for reasons I'd rather not explain. Lets just say there are certain things about me that I don't think she would be very comfortable about, and I'd rather put behind myself more than anything.

Anyway, getting on with school.... I'm quite proud to say that I don't take spanish, because I hate learning other languages... except Latin. It's caught my attention more than once, but unfortunately, its a dead language.

Something wierd happened today. We were running laps around the trach for P.E. (right in the middle of a particularly hot day, I might add), and when we went back inside to get changed into our normal clothes, one of the guys in there (who I only know by reputation, and a very very very slight, puny little bit of assosciation) walked up to me and said, "You made it!", right before hugging me. I hate it when people do that! Just like this one kid last year, who I believe is gay, kept on trying to hug me, but I'd elboe him in the gut every time he got anywhere near me.
I mean, I'm totally cool with hugging people that I'm really good friends with, but when people I don't know (or do know, but completely hate), try to hug me, it just kind of... freaks me out...
....weirdos...

Yeah, I guess we kinda have spent too much time on this subject.... but I'm still not finished, :p

.... well, yeah, actually, she does know her a lot better, but that's because they've both lived here for their whole lives, and I've only lived her for about three years.
To tell you the truth, I kind of do want to change, not just for the girl I like, but for a lot of other reasons too. I think I'm too emo, lol

If she truly is your "best friend," then she is able to see more of you than your loner side, even if you didn't show that to her.

Actually, she's not really my best friend anymore. I guess she did know about my more social side, but probably thought it was just an act I used whenever I was around certain people.

Well, she doesn't really have a reason to dislike me... as far as I know.... except that I'm a lot less confident than her, but in my current situation (I'm not that unconifident), I would hardly find that to be a good reason.

.... hmmm... what do you mean by "spontaneous"?

Do ask yourself the question: 'Why would she want to hurt your feelings?'
Well, I know for a fact that she would never intentionally do so, but if she ever did say something to the effect of "I just don't think it would work out," (which she likely won't ever say until we're like 20, if she ever does say something like that), I'd probably blame myself more than anyone.... for reasons I'd rather not explain. Lets just say there are certain things about me that I don't think she would be very comfortable about, and I'd rather put behind myself more than anything.

Anyway, getting on with school.... I'm quite proud to say that I don't take spanish, because I hate learning other languages... except Latin. It's caught my attention more than once, but unfortunately, its a dead language.

Something wierd happened today. We were running laps around the trach for P.E. (right in the middle of a particularly hot day, I might add), and when we went back inside to get changed into our normal clothes, one of the guys in there (who I only know by reputation, and a very very very slight, puny little bit of assosciation) walked up to me and said, "You made it!", right before hugging me. I hate it when people do that! Just like this one kid last year, who I believe is gay, kept on trying to hug me, but I'd elboe him in the gut every time he got anywhere near me.
I mean, I'm totally cool with hugging people that I'm really good friends with, but when people I don't know (or do know, but completely hate), try to hug me, it just kind of... freaks me out...
....weirdos...

Edit: Woah, this is like the longest post I've ever done!... then again, half of it is quotes, lol :grin:

Undead_Lives

When I said stupid people Flad, I wasn't referring to you.
You see, 50% of my class likes to talk endlessly, and very little of it actually has to do with spanish >.>

Fladian

To tell you the truth, I kind of do want to change, not just for the girl I like, but for a lot of other reasons too. I think I'm too emo, lol[/b]
Well, eitherway, you might want to listen better to that friend then. Ask why it wouldn't work out, as example.

Actually, she's not really my best friend anymore. I guess she did know about my more social side, but probably thought it was just an act I used whenever I was around certain people.[/b]
'Best friend' is a big word, something I haven't used for a long time in a serious mood anymore. How would you define a best friend anyway. A good (girl)friend of mine does refer to one several times... she also told her name once, but I have a hard time with names.

Well, if she really knows you, then she also know it isn't an act. =)

Well, she doesn't really have a reason to dislike me... as far as I know.... except that I'm a lot less confident than her, but in my current situation (I'm not that unconifident), I would hardly find that to be a good reason.[/b]
Hehe, that sounds familiar. When that girl and I were going to do some stuff (together), to ask something to a teacher (or something), or anything similar, it usually ends up with me asking. But that counts for most people. I'm the typical 'second choice.' (knocking, and then backing off at the last moment, is what happened a lot. It usually leaves me to talk)

.... hmmm... what do you mean by "spontaneous"?[/b]
What we were talking about for the last amount of time. Spontaneous (I hate that word in English :p) in talking.

Well, I know for a fact that she would never intentionally do so, but if she ever did say something to the effect of "I just don't think it would work out," (which she likely won't ever say until we're like 20, if she ever does say something like that), I'd probably blame myself more than anyone.... [/b]
I'm older than that. :p (she isn't) "Wow... you really got old!" "Old?! You're only a year younger than me! Don't give me that!"

Well, if she'd say that (which she wouldn't hit me like a person to do that either), then there is little to do about that. You could always ask yourself the question then: "Is friendship enough for you too?" That question is a lot easier to answer in theory than in real life. If you can't handle it, you'll probably tear yourself up from the inside. I am able to handle it.

for reasons I'd rather not explain. Lets just say there are certain things about me that I don't think she would be very comfortable about, and I'd rather put behind myself more than anything.[/b]
Don't worry about that. Everyone has things they don't want to share. You'll never hear me talking about Olivia either.

Anyway, getting on with school.... I'm quite proud to say that I don't take spanish, because I hate learning other languages... except Latin. It's caught my attention more than once, but unfortunately, its a dead language.[/b]
I only had a small selection, but regardless, I am quite satisfied with my English and Spanish... perhaps I'll retake German in my next year.

I mean, I'm totally cool with hugging people that I'm really good friends with, but when people I don't know (or do know, but completely hate), try to hug me, it just kind of... freaks me out...[/b]
Gee, thanks. :p I'm the type of person to do something completely similar - regardless if it is to male or female. :p However, my hugs are usually more playful than anything else, and most girls know that too and therefore allow it. There is one girl who immediately pushed me away. I never tried to do so again with her. But then again, for some reason she never liked me. I never learned why.

When I said stupid people Flad, I wasn't referring to you.
You see, 50% of my class likes to talk endlessly, and very little of it actually has to do with spanish >.>
[/b]
So? That's how my classes usually look like anyway. At the teachers, Wagener and Nabben, if you play your cards well there, you can keep them talking for an entire hour - or longer, if necessary. Besides, Nabben can be bribed.

Tenebrae

'Best friend' is a big word

Yeah, actually, I don't think she and I are really that good of friends anymore. She seems to think so, but there are certain things about her that really bother me, chief amongst them being how bluntly honest (and rude) she is, and also the fact that, everytime I'm "crying" about my life's problems, she just comes out and says, "Oh, get over it!"
Personally, I think that's just a rude way of saying "I don't care, go cry to someone else", and a REAL friend wouldn't say anything like that.... not in my book, anyway...

Well, if she really knows you, then she also know it isn't an act. =)
[/qoute]

That's the thing, I don't think she really does know me as well as she gives herself credit for. For that matter, I don't think anyone does, as much as I hate that fact...

Well, if she'd say that (which she wouldn't hit me like a person to do that either), then there is little to do about that. You could always ask yourself the question then: "Is friendship enough for you too?" That question is a lot easier to answer in theory than in real life. If you can't handle it, you'll probably tear yourself up from the inside. I am able to handle it.

Well, I'm just hoping that it will never come to that. I'll most likely just see how things are going, and if I'm pretty sure that she would say something like that, then I'll just probably give and continue to be her friend.... It would probably drive me insane, but It'd really be her choice, and I can't do anything about that.

Don't worry about that. Everyone has things they don't want to share.

Yeah, but the problem is, I hate it (probably more than anything), and if I don't ever do something about it, it will likely catch up to me in future years, which could very well ruin my life. But it's hard, cuz it's pretty much become a part of me.... like my alter-ego that I hate more than everything else... and I also think its the one side of me that no one's ever seen.
I didn't kill anyone, in case you guys are wondering. :p

Gee, thanks. :p I'm the type of person to do something completely similar

Hmm, well sorry, but I stand by my opinion. Like I said, I don't mind hugging people that I'm really close friends with (male or female), but when its someone who I hardly know (again, male or female), it just makes me uncomfortable, kinda like when you find out that a gay guy likes you, only not as bad....
.... okay, that was probably a bad example...

refl3ction

well my school started on the 6th of september, and i started my 10th grade

and for the most part it was ok, the first week wasnt too bad and well here it goes
this is my first weeek, none of my classes have been changed, yet

Part I: The Morning

The Bus:
the bus the bus the bus, they totally fcked it up this year.. last year it was fine it went along its normal route and we had some good times, not to mention the bus driver is a close friend of my dads.. but this year theyve melded two bus routes together and theyve removed the 'middle schoolers' (6th grade through 8th) now when i arrived on the bus to realise barely any seats to sit in so i found one with a girl i knew and sortof liked.. so as the packed bus travelled on and more kidds were picked up (damnit) many kidds moaned over the next couple of stops.. after everyone was picked up and the bus was extremely packed it ran towards the school wich from last year i didnt like but hey it was better than the mddle school

1st hour: Strength Training
nothing too bad here, one o my friends is in there so well that kinda helps but is excersize early in the morning and i dont feeel like working out.. but im tryin to good this year and well i have to attend.. also there is one kidd that strongly dislike

2nd hour: Math
not my strongest subject, and i know few in there.. but hey im trying

3rd hour: Graphics Design
one of my favorites, working on the computers and more particularly phtoshop cs2, not to mention the teacher is a big hippie (sayin stuff along the lines of: corporations are bad they are poluuting the earth) but hes got some nice artwork.. ive also met some younger friends (9th grade) one of which being the brother of one of my friends and another a stoner/skater hybrid of which i can relate

4th hour: Lunch
this was my favoritest time of the day, most of friends reside within this lunch which is a good time and we have fun constantly

5th hour: General Biology
the teacher had some interesting stories aswell as my friends from lunch are present , we have some fun times especially me and my friend thimy, who is also a stoner/skater hybrid we have had so many 'high times'

Part II: afternoon
5b hour: Study hall
sorry thas all i can type for now ill be back tomorrow

Fladian

Bribing teachers....oi, what happened to working hard?
[/b]
Oh, I work hard during some other classes. :p But there is little to teach during Dutch class.

Yeah, actually, I don't think she and I are really that good of friends anymore. She seems to think so, but there are certain things about her that really bother me, chief amongst them being how bluntly honest (and rude) she is, and also the fact that, everytime I'm "crying" about my life's problems, she just comes out and says, "Oh, get over it!"
Personally, I think that's just a rude way of saying "I don't care, go cry to someone else", and a REAL friend wouldn't say anything like that.... not in my book, anyway...[/b]
Well, if that is said always, then I agree with you. However, when you are 'down' too often, and she has noticed that too much, the answer is quite normal and perhaps the best reaction that could be given. I like talking problems out, so it's a reaction I'd probably never give - unless if it is fitting - to anyone.

Well, I'm just hoping that it will never come to that. I'll most likely just see how things are going, and if I'm pretty sure that she would say something like that, then I'll just probably give and continue to be her friend.... It would probably drive me insane, but It'd really be her choice, and I can't do anything about that.[/b]
A good friend (though I shouldn't take that too serious, knowing that she was hoping that it would fall apart anyway :p) told me that 'being a friend' is a lot tougher than trying to impress someone. Knowing that you don't stand a chance, or anything similar can be painful. I have a fair share of experience in that. She knows I like her, I know I like her, but the feeling isn't the same from the other side. Though I'm still standing.

That friend... apparently isn't.

Yeah, but the problem is, I hate it (probably more than anything), and if I don't ever do something about it, it will likely catch up to me in future years, which could very well ruin my life. But it's hard, cuz it's pretty much become a part of me.... like my alter-ego that I hate more than everything else... and I also think its the one side of me that no one's ever seen.
I didn't kill anyone, in case you guys are wondering. :p[/b]
But I have.

Well, I don't know what it exactly is (but you already spoiled it's not the same as mine :p), but you could try to get over it. Try to leave it behind you, whatever it is. As long as there isn't something that keeps it still standing, it should be able to get removed. Theoretically speaking. After all, I, for one, am still not over it. =) and I doubt I'll ever get over it for that matter.

Hmm, well sorry, but I stand by my opinion. Like I said, I don't mind hugging people that I'm really close friends with (male or female), but when its someone who I hardly know (again, male or female), it just makes me uncomfortable, kinda like when you find out that a gay guy likes you, only not as bad....
.... okay, that was probably a bad example...[/b]
Ohw, it's just a part of my personality that I quickly hug people in a playful way. The reactions are always (one exception, as I said) positive, so I see no reason to stop it. Though I must admit that I do prefer to do it with girls than guys. Luckily, I have more girl-friends at school than guys. :p So, that's fine to know. It's a bit unfortunate that I am forbidden to hug a handful of them though... something to do with their religion. I may not kiss them either, though I usually don't kiss anyone. :p (you can count on one hand how many people (besides family) I've kissed :p)

Just about everyone in my class agrees on the fact that one of my classmates is gay. I am a bit convinced that they are right as well. I have a high pitched voice - or at least, among girls - but his is even higher. His reactions are a bit different either. Whatever made them think he was gay, he is... different.
"Who? Oh, that guy that's gay, right?" - a classmate
"Gay?" - Me
"Yeah, isn't it obvious?"
"Nah, he's still in his denying-phase." - Erik, a friend.
Reasonable guy though. I'm not really fond of him... there is something about him that I clearly don't like, but I'm not sure what it is about him that I don't like.

nothing too bad here, one o my friends is in there so well that kinda helps but is excersize early in the morning and i dont feeel like working out.. but im tryin to good this year and well i have to attend.. also there is one kidd that strongly dislike[/b]
That reminds me of something, which I've told someone a few times too often. "I hate two things in the morning... rain and a lot of movement in the early morning." (first time occured when we walked to school in the pouring rain, but I also hate talking when I just woke up ^^)

According to two people in my class (I don't know who), I am impudent. Am I? :\

refl3ction

well now that i got some time, here it is:
thats been happenin quite alot recently, weve had about 2 days of rain here, and its supposed to keep coming, no storms just alot of rain.. i kinda like it.. it brings everyone down and i enjoy seein the happy ppl in sorrow

Part II: The Afternoon
5b hour: Study Hall
study hall was pretty fun, i knew ppl in it and it also gave me a chance to finish my homework so i had little to do at home :) leaving more time open to well do whatever, but the only drawback was that there was about 40 kids in a 25 kid room

6th hour: Global Studies
now this is one of my favoritest classes, we learned about past civilizations.. prehistoric man and the whatnot.. not to mention one of my friends is present and he is a huge clown.. cracking jokes makeing funny gestures and overall funny Sh!t

7th hour: English 10
when i entered this class on the first day i noticed one of my friends that i havent spoken too, seen or done anything with since the previous year and i sat right behind them.. he wasnt too eager to talk with me since he ditched me and our group of friends for a girlfriend (which explained his actions, he stayed at home with his girlfriend rather than go to concert that we've all been planning to go to) oh well its in the past and weve forgiven him.. something else i like about that class is our teacher, hes extremely laid back, unless theres violense, swearing or 'rude' behavior he doesnt stop anything, unless ppl are talking too much

the next day i was called to office and was tld my schedule was switched up, they now moved my lunch and biology around so instead of lunch then biology i had biology then lunch... btu luckily my friends are in that biology class and we have it together same with lunch

but the upcoming monday would prove a hell to my social life, even to thisday i find myself saying 'i f-ing hate this school' because of that monday

Monday the 11th (9/11)
so called 'Attack of the Dueschbag school-day' and the tragic events back in 2001
the morning started off nice and i went through my classes as was, until after math i was called down to the office and i was given another schedule change 'just my f-ing luck' i said, the tragic news was that they switched my lunch and study hall
removed from my friends because of a fucking study hall that was too crowded, so me and about 7 other kids were moved 'why me' when i confronted my friends and told the news of the dueschbag school at work with my schedule they all agree that the school was and is a dueschbag

i still find ways to push the envelope of my eventual removal from that class as im constantly getting into trouble and leaving without permission to sit and converse with my friends, i mean hell, its a study hall who cares
but the only bad thing is that there is a girl that i kinda like in that study hall which draws me too the borderline 'stay or leave'

well thats my schedule and well, i dont like it nowadays

Fladian

thats been happenin quite alot recently, weve had about 2 days of rain here, and its supposed to keep coming, no storms just alot of rain.. i kinda like it.. it brings everyone down and i enjoy seein the happy ppl in sorrow[/b]
The weather has been quite strange here. Last week it has been raining for nearly the entire week, and this week it has nearly been over 30 degrees (celcius). "Then some wonder, how do people get sick?"

I don't like the rain... the walk from the station to school is just enough to get completely soaked. And neither the people I walk with, nor I, are prepared to take an umbrela with us. The last time I used such a thing must have been years ag... no, it hasn't been that long ago, come to think of it. But I prefer to share an umbrella with someone I can put my arm around. :p And really mean it, for that matter.

However, the real "happy" people I know really don't get down by a bit of rain. :p A bit annoyed, true, but they certainly won't get down. If we have to stay indoors, there are more than enough things to enjoy ourselves with... or at least, as long as we're together... and in a good mood. I have a feeling the school tried to break a record with boredom during the breaks, or they are just forcing us to study. :p They used to have a TV there... now they even removed the radio (grr... but then again, it was a frequency I never listened to)!

Part II: The Afternoon
5b hour: Study Hall
study hall was pretty fun, i knew ppl in it and it also gave me a chance to finish my homework so i had little to do at home :) leaving more time open to well do whatever, but the only drawback was that there was about 40 kids in a 25 kid room[/b]
Sounds a bit like the study room at our place. It's doable during class-times, but during the breaks of the MBO's (I'm MBO) and/or VMBO (High school), it really is crowded out there. It has about 50 computers available (wild guess), but when 200 people are in there, it really gets crowded. I must admit though, if you can find a calm place (it's especially calm during 8:30 AM) there, it's a pretty good place to catch up on some sleep and still make the zwu hours. :p I have experience with that.

I do hate it when the VMBO kids get there though. "Stupid little kids... *expression changes* Oh! Wait, I'm not that tall myself." - a (girl)friend "What about me? I'm not much taller than you are." - Me

6th hour: Global Studies
now this is one of my favoritest classes, we learned about past civilizations.. prehistoric man and the whatnot.. not to mention one of my friends is present and he is a huge clown.. cracking jokes makeing funny gestures and overall funny Sh!t[/b]
Sounds like quite a boring class to me. =\ But then again, I went to completely different ways to study (again, trade (graduated), administration (graduated, though only barely) and (currently) laws).

7th hour: English 10[/b]
English class. It is well known fact that my English teacher doesn't like me, and I don't hazzle around it to keep it a secret that I don't like here either. We came to a nice conclusion during my first year, that we wouldn't ask each other stuff. She broke that deal earlier this year, so I'm going to pay her back. It's as easy as that. ^^ I don't like teachers shouting at me for something I didn't do - and I can be a lot worse than most of her students if I want to.

I did bring a mini-board of chess with me to kill some time with a few people. Unfortunately, most of the people I hang out with during English class don't know how to chess... and I am not as good in it as I used to be either - not that I ever have been very good in it though, but certainly better than this. :p I also brought some other stuff to play with.

However, there is one thing I am very eager to do though. As most know, English has always been boring for me since elementery school, because I never really got a challenge. In my first, second (another second,) and third year of high school, I didn't really get any problems. The teacher during my final, senior, year understood what I have been going through and made some tests especially for me - which some really did give me some trouble. Eitherway, I aced my final exam (perfect score) and left High school with a 10 (perfect score) as an average, that being my highest grade ever, for something.
College wasn't much better though. I made a test on some site that could decide on what level you were with some kind of class. University gave me a load of problems though (7/10). However, College has never really challenged me, nor has my classmates. This year it might be different though. There's a guy in my class (who's probably gay :p) who lived in Canada for four years and is therefore fluent. I am eager to have a school-assignment-conversation with him in English. After our very first class of English I walked up to him and talked to him for a bit (I really don't like him =\) in English. It has been years since I could talk properly with someone in that language while being of the same origin. Eitherway, we both messed up our first test. :p (he got a 7/10, I got a 8/10)

when i entered this class on the first day i noticed one of my friends that i havent spoken too, seen or done anything with since the previous year and i sat right behind them.. he wasnt too eager to talk with me since he ditched me and our group of friends for a girlfriend (which explained his actions, he stayed at home with his girlfriend rather than go to concert that we've all been planning to go to) oh well its in the past and weve forgiven him.. [/b]
Well, no offense, but I would do practically the same thing as he would. And most of my friends thought exactly the same thing - alas the reason why the 'hanging out' with friends became more symbolic than literally for us the last four years.

As for going to a concert... then it has to be one heck of a concert. :p And truth to be known, I left my girl for going to a concert with a friend too. But come on, 32 artists/bands/rappers/dj's is enough to convince me. :p (including the best dj of the world back then) I would never regret going there.

the next day i was called to office and was tld my schedule was switched up, they now moved my lunch and biology around so instead of lunch then biology i had biology then lunch... btu luckily my friends are in that biology class and we have it together same with lunch[/b]
Thank all that I didn't have biology anymore after my second year. :p Especially when I heard a friend telling about it after she continued biology during high school. Bleh...

Monday the 11th (9/11)
so called 'Attack of the Dueschbag school-day' and the tragic events back in 2001[/b]
Are you referring to the German word here? =\ :p Dueschbag? (or at least, if it means what I think it means)

i still find ways to push the envelope of my eventual removal from that class as im constantly getting into trouble and leaving without permission to sit and converse with my friends, i mean hell, its a study hall who cares
but the only bad thing is that there is a girl that i kinda like in that study hall which draws me too the borderline 'stay or leave'[/b]
Exactly what is the problem then? I play chess during my time in the study hall, or I do some other stuff to entertain me - if I have enough time, I access Anvil and SCH, SCH gaining the higher priority. Chess, reading, online games, MSN, chatting up with a couple of friends and/or classmates really isn't out of the question. Some might actually mistake me for flirting with a few girls out there - besides them having boyfriends. :p *mumbles* as long as that one girl didn't see what I did last wednesday*mumbles*

According to some rules of our 'project-day', we get a completely point reduced of our final grade (3 being the highest) if we leave the class. I never really understood that rule as the class during project-day is only full once... and not more for longer than a few minutes. Everyone always has something to do.
"I have to find Wagener." - Franklin
"I'm going to smoke." - Melissa
"Do you know where v. Dijk is?" - Elianne
"Can I borrow that thing from you?" - Danny
What's about that rule anyway? There isn't even a proper observer. Yeah, Wagener, sometimes. But that guy could care less what you would do, as long as you finish the assignment. Truly hilarious that all computers broke down during the last hour though. *laughs creepy* (really, I didn't do it. The joke was great enough for me to wish that I did it, but I really didn't)

The study hall/room is quite boring. I have to make 30 hours on my scheldue, meaning that I have to make about 12 zwu (self-study-hours) hours. On average, I make about 4, and I have yet to get into trouble with that, but that will eventually happen. I'm not sure how I am going to fill it up, but I'm sure I'll find a way. I have a very pleasant class after all.

Yesterday during Dutch class it was quite... enjoyable as well. Erik (a friend) and I are going to interview someone from Heineken (for those who don't know, that's a beer brand; I don't like beer). But because we couldn't think of proper questions - and have to go to Amsterdam for that - we sticked a bit in the classroom together with three other people. One girl, (well, she's older than me :p) who was intensively busy with her make-up (but a great sport to us), one guy who could care less whar was going on and had his MP3 player on and another one who looked a bit stoned and was reading the newspaper. I eventually layed down on two tables, nearly falling asleep. Before that, I held a little presentation over what happened the day before that. If every day went like that, I am really going to like this place. :p I do know that I have to extend my 'book of names' for me though. I never have been called "doll" before, as I recall. ("Ooohhh! You're so~ cute!")

Yesterday when we were going home, a classmate and I were talking about the people of our class and that stories/rumors about them were already being made. The one guy being gay as example. Or me being impudent (apparently!). Suddenly we came to a conclusion, "maybe we should make a school-news paper." To be honest, the idea sounds good to me. If they can provide me with possible subjects, I can write it down for them. I haven't written for some time now, but I certainly don't dislike it all of a sudden. Writing is still one of the things I like the most - and I am going to start on it quite soon again, a classmate is eager to read what I've made. Not to mention that I have done something similar on another forum before, which wasa dire success. Maybe I should consider doing something similar here when the activity is back.

As a last note. I have been going to school for a small two months now, and despite my words at the start, that I was unsure if I picked the right study-course, I can say two things now, but first, I am going to quote a friend (again):
"Hmm... I should be able to handle this study course for those three years." - Elianne, a friend.
"I want to hear you say that again in two years. Erik couldn't handle three weeks, after all." - Me

I'll definitely graduate from this study course in those three (maybe four; I can see myself redo one of those years) years. In one week of time, (or actually, one day ^^) two dreams of mine came true. Things I have hoped for, dreamed for, for as long as I lived. A historic moment, if you prefer. Both are things I'll eventually forget about, but I am sure they will happen again - hopefully as soon as possible. But I am now convinced that this is the perfect study course for me: laws. It has everything I ever dreamed of, and more. Especially during our project-day. I sometimes dreamed to work like that with people, to give each other arguments out loud because we just didn't know how to make it. That we really had to work while sweat dropped off our heads... okay, that's a bit exxgerated, but it did happen. Of course that was because of the incredible heat, but still. :p

Tenebrae

Y'know, I came to a sudden realization yesterday about this whole deal with that girl I like:

What the crap am I so worried about? I have no reason to be!!!

Here's the deal. She and I are in the same choir at our school, and we had to go to this choir thing yesterday that lasted from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM. It was like this big party thing. Anyway, everyone got split up into groups, and I (lucky me :grin: ) got to be in her group. I was in a bad mood at the time, so I just sat off in the corner, and she was one of the first people to ask me to come and sit with everyone else. When I didn't, she and a few other people came and sat by me instead.
Then about an hour later, we all got together to sing this song to our choir director's kids, and I ended up sitting next to the girl I like while we did that. After we finished, I couldn't help but ask her if she took voice lessons, because she was such a talented singer. In reply, she said, "Well... thanks, but I think you have a really amazing voice."
No one has ever told me that before!
And then, when we were eating dinner, I went off and sat alone (as is typical of me), and she just popped out of no where and sat by me, which was rather unexpected because all of her friends were sitting somewhere else.
After last night, I realized that all of my worries were just based off of past experiences with girls who were nothing like this one (as in, none of them were nearly as nice as her).
I mean, if she was trying to avoid me or anything, then why would she have cared enough to get everyone to sit by me in our little group thing, told me I had an amazing singing voice, and then done what no girl I've ever liked before would have done: come and sit by me while we ate? ya know? :grin:

Fladian

What the crap am I so worried about? I have no reason to be!!![/b]
People tend to worry more than they have to sometimes. Especially in some situations. I am not an exception, as a matter of fact, my case is more serious than the average person. Nothing too special though, it's related to a bad habit of mine - sticking my nose into things that are none of my business. But when I have nothing to worry about, I can't sleep.

Here's the deal. She and I are in the same choir at our school, and we had to go to this choir thing yesterday that lasted from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM. It was like this big party thing. Anyway, everyone got split up into groups, and I (lucky me :grin: ) got to be in her group. I was in a bad mood at the time, so I just sat off in the corner, and she was one of the first people to ask me to come and sit with everyone else. When I didn't, she and a few other people came and sat by me instead.
Then about an hour later, we all got together to sing this song to our choir director's kids, and I ended up sitting next to the girl I like while we did that. After we finished, I couldn't help but ask her if she took voice lessons, because she was such a talented singer. In reply, she said, "Well... thanks, but I think you have a really amazing voice."[/b]
Sounds like a good night. I don't spend nights with classmates. :p Except if they want to go... uh... never mind. I forgot the average age of the site. :p (truly, I had something else in mind when I started typing that :p)

Reminds me of something else though. That girl at my school likes to hum and sing a bit. Usually when we walk to school and we are out of subjects - or both way too tired to talk, which happens more than enough as well - she hums or sings a little. But honestly, her voice isn't cut out for singing. :p Last time she was at my house, I was letting her listen to some songs of a few artists she liked, and I have seen live (and had it on my computer). She hummed one of the songs along, and asked her if she liked singing, which I received a positive answer on. I didn't manage to persuade her to sing for me, but maybe it's for the best. :p I'm not the person to give critics on that though, as I'm not a brilliant singer myself.

No one has ever told me that before![/b]
Same here, but I probably earned that. :p

And then, when we were eating dinner, I went off and sat alone (as is typical of me), and she just popped out of no where and sat by me, which was rather unexpected because all of her friends were sitting somewhere else.[/b]
Just being friendly with someone results in that too, you know? It wouldn't be the first time that I would leave my friends at a table to go sit with someone else for a change. Even if the girl I like sat at the table I sat at. Just being friendly.

I mean, if she was trying to avoid me or anything, then why would she have cared enough to get everyone to sit by me in our little group thing, told me I had an amazing singing voice, and then done what no girl I've ever liked before would have done: come and sit by me while we ate? ya know?[/color] :grin:
[/b]
I'd say: 'sponanity', (did I spell it right?) but that might be a bit harsh towards you.

Regardless, if you have her email, you could send her a mail afterwards, or if you have her phone number, give her a call/sms, (note: I never call. Regardless who it is, I have a problem with calling. Call it 'hate,' name it 'fear,' whatever gets the job done, I don't call! I do send sms's though. Lots of them. About 100 - 200 a month) to say that you had a great time or so. ^^

A while ago, during the football WC (World Cup), I wanted to pick her up from work (as I did before). But because she was going to have a barbeque with the company, I left for home alone. After the first half (2 - 0, as I recall), I sent her an sms to ask her how she was doing. Apparently, she appreciated it.

Good to hear you had a nice... uh... night.
Oh, and I deleted your double post.

Werbung:

Tenebrae

Double post?.... hmm, I don't recall posting again...

Unless it was that "cannot load page" thing that happened the first time I clicked on "add reply". Srry about that. :gruntbored: