School

Fladian

Well, I'm not completely sure about others on this forum, but school has started for everyone I know personally... well, except those who don't have school, of course. Unfortunately (for me), that are quite a lot.

Anyway, if your school has started as well? How is it? Is it as boring or as exciting as you would have hoped for, or expected? Was it better or worse? Please, do share. :p If you don't have school (anymore), but work instead, I'm sure there are nice stories about that too. Do share that too, please.

Personally, a lot of things happened for, or to me... mostly good things. Honestly, I could write for hours about it, but I'm a little busy today, and will leave my computer as it is after I finish writing this - therefore my lack of update on my quote of the day; sorry 'bout that. A few members on this forum have already heard a few stories of them, but they're surely not all I have. :p I had no problem (at all) to fill up my quote of the day document when I had to go to school again. Though I am pretty confident in saying that I had quite a hard time making a decision for my quote of the month. (The "are you smart?", "did you gain weight?" and Wagener's (which eventually did become the Quote of the Month) "I came here to do something" and a few others made my decision pretty hard)

A few small notes. If this (or the SCH forum) site isn't blocked at my school - which I don't know just yet - I'll probably produce some activity and a story or two every now and then. I truly have a "crappy" school scheldue ('bout 2 lessons/hours a day and eight on wednesday) and will probably drain quite a lot of my social life with people I know outside of school - aka. my friends. What site is blocked on my school is something I have yet to find out too, I guess.

As for a little story which is something I have to do eventually anyway, I'll explain my Quote of the Month and a quote of the day, of Wagener (and someone else), my Law teacher... oh, and for those who don't know: I am studying a variation of laws.
Mr. Wagener has a good reputation among the students on my school for being a nice guy, but he has one bad part. He is forgetful, which earned him the nickname: The nutty professor, and believe o' me, he earned that. On my our first lesson of Wagener, he was, for starters, late. About ten minutes late... not that it would really matter. It was one of our first lessons of the year, and no one would actually bother to listen to him too much anyway. I remember him walking into our classroom, standing in the middle of it and looking a bit blankly ahead of him. Slowly he removed his glasses and kept standing still while the class was getting a bit more quiet. He was standing practically next to me, so I easily heard what he mumbled. The first thing he said out loud was: "I came here to do something... huh?" Only a few seconds after he mentioned that, he left the classroom, and didn't come back for that hour. I don't recall him apologizing about that the day afterwards. And it all honestly, I have a feeling that Wagener is going to be my record holder of quote of the days. :p Currently, the record holder is Sandhia... come to think of it, I have to call her. (eww... calling)

Last wednesday, I was late for a project-day (well, duh. Our train was late). On the end of the day, our project-teacher gave our group her phone-number, saying: "If you are going to be late, give me a call." Normally, that is pretty fine and all... but, well, I'm an exception.
...I don't like calling. I avoid calling. If there is a possible mortal way, I never call. Name it a hate to call, you could say that I am afraid to call on the phone... whatever gets the job done. But together with one of my best friends, Wesley, we absolutely loathe calling. But truthfully, I don't mind being called.
"Send her an SMS when you're late then." - Koen, a friend and former classmate.
"I don't mind it. I call a lot." - Preety, a friend and classmate.
"I do. Only a while ago, I've spend 80 euros on sending messages in two months." - Me

On a last note... please send me a PM if you're fluent in Spanish. Since last week, I started Spanish class (and suck in it, but not as much as I do in German) to fill up some hours and I have a question about how to say a specific sentence... one I can say in just about every language I ever need. (Dutch, Frisian, German, English, Japanese, Swedish and (bleh) French)

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

I don't speak fluid Spanish, but I've taken the class. Just so ya know. Oh! I also have a English-Spanish dictionary. It's what got me an A in the class :p
For me, school starts Tuesday, and I'm not liking it. Summer is gone so fast..oh well time to get back to reality I guess.

Fladian

Hmm... I thought school started for other people already too. I guess I was mistaking then.

At the start of the year, I could choose out of four languages to take as an extra class. At the minimum, I had to choose one. I could choose between: English, German, Spanish and Fren... and Spanish. Naturally, I picked English. Because I don't want 15 hours of self-study hours, I took Spanish too. Together with four friends, we're hesitating to take German too. Eitherway, I'll keep sucking in it. :p
A friend of mine has a real language-talent. Despite that she is four years younger than I am, she speaks ten languages more than I do... even though I only speak two languages (fluently), but am eager to learn Frisian. Unfortunately, I thought she also spoke Spanish... but that is one of the languages she doesn't speak. This results in a problem for me, because I don't have any direct contacts that speak Spanish.

And why is everyone so negative about school? I was not too positive about my school either (and blame me. The fact that half of my class still misses half, if not all, their books) but it ended up (besides last tuesday; I had one of the worst days in my life) being up a good time. Despite that I am in a not-too-great class, I still know half of the people in there, and am friends with four of them. I mean, those four people are all former classmates, and two of them are more than just former classmates to me - and I to them.
One of those friends left to England last year for studies. Because she wasn't sure her English was good enough, she practiced on me (my offer). On the day that she left to England (Coincidentally I happened to be at school at that time *cough*), I half-joked to her: "Make sure you're better in English than me when you're back." Something which shouldn't be too hard, in general. I do am curious if she is better than me now. :p

Alekill

the only reason i'm not lokking forward to school is because last year i didnt learn anything...because my terachers are horrible

Fladian

Even so. Last year I had terrible teachers as well, but I can't say that I didn't learn anything new. Excluding the two teachers Mr. v. Valburg and Mr. Schieven, (I have a load of respect for the two gentlemen) all others were pretty bad. Erik, Daphne, Bram, Koen, Elianne and Preety are pretty much responsible for teaching me specific stuff. And of course, the teacher named Gunther something. We never learned his last name as he preffered to be called by his first name. Great guy, and I'd really like to have another class from him some time... unfortunately, he's fired. ("I see his sometimes while going out. Pretty funny, actually. I can tell my friends: See that guy over there? That was my teacher." - a classmate)

My English teacher, who's last name is similar to a fish and her first name is in sync with a cat... how lovely. Her level of English was extremely low, however. I had her in my first year as well, and managed to correct her several times a hour, which annoyed her to the very core. The fact that she pointed out on anything that could be wrong for me didn't really make me like her either. We eventually came to a conclusion not to ask each other stuff anymore.
Thanks to a friend, I didn't really score high for English last year.

My Dutch-class was always fun. If you played your cards right then you could just keep the teacher talking for the entire hour... or talk yourself. The poor teacher was very nice, and definitely one of my favorite teachers of all times, but he is also extremely naive and swallows just about anything that you tell him. Great guy though... his classes were just not very useful. He was also one of the few teachers who called me Ed.
"Ed, are you still coming in? I want to close the door."
"Sure, but I'm still talking with Bram."
"But you should come in. Dutch class is about to start."
"But I am using Dutch. I am talking in Dutch, am I not?"
"Well, alright then. But I'm going to start now."

The most terrible of them all would definitely be Mario v/d Heyden. Don't get me wrong though, when you just talk with him outside of school-business, he's a great guy. He looks and acts a bit gay, but a nice guy all in all. However, when he teaches the class, it is just.... well, impossible. The guy can't explain anything properly and can't take a joke when he isn't in a 100% mood, which he wasn't often. Only during the end of the year he accepted the chaotic class of us. A lot of people failed for his classes. I only barely made it.
I guess I never truly liked him though. Maybe it was his strange and annoying behavior. Perhaps because a friend of mine was able to argument him on some of his formules and answers and often resulted in that the teacher was wrong in his calculations. But maybe it was just his first name that bothered me - that has a long story sticked to it, which I am not ready to share on the internet.

Today I had my official ICT class (computer class). My first reaction to it was: "Dear God! Shoot me!" We are being taught to start up a computer. Excuse me, but the average age in our class is 23 (admitted that the 28th year old classmate of us does bring the average a bit up), do you truly believe that there is still someone who doesn't know how a computer works? I guess not. Kind teacher though... I remember her from my first year, and she remembers me - which is quite pleasant.
"Can't we get free for this class?" - a friend
"Apparently not. It's strange enough that you girls can't anyway. I mean, you graduated from secretarial." - Me
But the fact that we have to re-learn to type with ten fingers, blind is quite poor already. With an exception of the new students, we already have to be able to do that anyway. Bah... I really am not going to enjoy ICT this year. But on a second thought, if I can fill in all ICT-classes the way I did today, then it could be my favorite class... har har.

It is fortunate for me that my hobby of writing had its up-sides too. Just today, we had to learn something about reading stuff. Though it was easy in general, most people never read it before (and I personally would recommend it). I remember reading something similar about three years ago because it was something I was in need to when I was writing.

"Hmm... mwah, I think I prefer the cheery you over the gloomy one, if you don't mind." - Me

Tenebrae

School started about two weeks ago for me. So far, I haven't overly enjoyed my Junior year in high school. Part of that would be because my social life is taking a nose dive again, and also because everyone keeps bugging me about how I look old enough to be a Senior.

I don't look that old, do I? lol

But I must admit, my Junior High School years were even worse. I had the crappiest teachers in the world, particularly my history teacher, who, every single friggin time someone would act up, he would start spouting like some southern preacher, raising his hands in the air, shouting things like "You're not bugging me! You're just hurting yourselves!" and "I'm trying to help you guys get a high school diploma!", on and on and on for like half an hour!

ARRRGHHH! I swear, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard the words "High School Diploma" in that class, I'd be rich enough to retire before I even started a career!

Fladian

School started about two weeks ago for me. So far, I haven't overly enjoyed my Junior year in high school. Part of that would be because my social life is taking a nose dive again, and also because everyone keeps bugging me about how I look old enough to be a Senior.[/b]
Do you mind it that much? Unfortunately, I've always (and probably will, always) looked younger than I actually am. Perhaps I should have kept my beard, instead of shaving it off (I wanted to know how I would look like when I wouldn't shave for 1 1/2 month; I made a photo).

But as I remember, the difference in appearance isn't too big between the Junior year and the Senior year. Especially when I look at the school-photo's of those year, I only see some minor differences of some people. For a few others, it would be hard to say which photo was made first.

But I must admit, my Junior High School years were even worse. I had the crappiest teachers in the world, particularly my history teacher, who, every single friggin time someone would act up, he would start spouting like some southern preacher, raising his hands in the air, shouting things like "You're not bugging me! You're just hurting yourselves!" and "I'm trying to help you guys get a high school diploma!", on and on and on for like half an hour![/b]
Wow... talkin' about overprotective about himself. :p But you must admit, you wouldn't have much of a lesson for that day, hm? :p If he would keep tha ton for about half an hour, then the hour is quickly over. Wow... I guess I had a teacher like that now. He is free to fill up a few of my ZWU hours any time. :p And I have quite a lot, mind you.

I've always had a nice bunch of history teachers. Sol and Kramer, as I recall. Sol is together with two other teachers, my favorite teacher of all time, (he was also the first who accepted my skill in two specific other classes; something no one ever accepted. Says the person who holds a record :p) and Kramer, despite being a nice guy, he... got an... um... illness halfway through my second second (yes twice, I had to redo my second year) year and because of that, all my history classes were cancelled. I can't recall having history in my third and fourth year.

ARRRGHHH! I swear, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard the words "High School Diploma" in that class, I'd be rich enough to retire before I even started a career!
[/b]
I can relate to that. For three years on my High School, I got classes from a friendly (old, I guess) teacher, who was open for bribing and cheating, and even supported it. :p He also liked to talk a lot... too much, I guess. If I got a dollar for every time he mentioned "High School Diploma," "his favorite football team" (I didn't support SC Heerenveen in my first year from him yet) or "my wife," then I would be quite rich now too. :p Those three were his most common subject. There is one sentence I remember him saying in our last year, during one of our last weeks:
"Come to think of it... why am I talking about bird-houses now?" - the teacher
"I asked you to explain me a few things about three and a half hour ago." - a classmate
"You did? Then why do I remember talking about the Second World War and the most recent score of Vitesse (football club) then?"
From that day forward, I used the same words myself.

I... guess it was special when he and I met a little while ago when I was on my bike to work. I wasn't sure that I recognized him, but he sure did recognize me. The guy is as friendly and addicted to talk as I remembered him. It's unfortunate that he is too stressed to continue working for a while...
...his house was the target of eggs, thrown by a student... I feel sorry for the poor guy. The guy who threw the eggs, that is. If you get that teacher mad... ouch... in three years of time, I've only experience him a bit pissed once. ("Please, turn your back to me. That's right. Now, please, bend down. Good boy. Now, prepare yourself.")

Tenebrae

Do you mind it that much?
[/b]

Well, I didn't mind the idea that I looked older than I was as much as the fact that people wouldn't stop bugging me about it. For example, on my birthday about a week ago, half of my.... acquaintances thought that I was 18, when I was actually 17. Then they would freak out and start saying stuff like "Dude! You look like you could be in college now!", etc.
Yeah, either i'm a college student who experienced a slight growth stunt, or a high school student who ages fast. take your pick :p
... of course, probably one of the reasons I looked older is because I sported a nicely sized pair of sideburns, but I decided to shave them off cuz they made me scruffy-looking, lol

Unfortunately, I've always (and probably will, always) looked younger than I actually am.
[/b]

Hmph, I trade places with you in that aspect any time, lol

"Please, turn your back to me. That's right. Now, please, bend down. Good boy. Now, prepare yourself."
[/b]

Ah ha ha! That's hilarious. I wish I had a teacher that did.... whatever he was about to do (take a wild guess :p). They usually just bore me to death with their stupid lectures, which I don't really think have as much affect as they are intended. And I never do anything to get them mad at me personally, so I could just sit back and enjoy the show, lol.

To tell you the truth, I've never liked any of the history teachers I've had, but the one I've got now is awesome. He'll occasionally throw out a joke or comment to make his lessons more interesting, and whenever we're doing work in our book, he'll let us listen to rock music from his radio, ranging from the 70's to present day. Plus he has a poster of Van Helsing on his wall, which is one of my favorite movies, lol.
But on the other hand, I'm currently failing that class (only two weeks in, that's pretty sad) cuz I've never been into history that much... with some exceptions.

But of all the teachers I've ever had, my current Choir teacher is the best. He's like a 16-year-old in a 30-year-old body, lol. It's impossible to get bored in that class... partly because we're standing and belting it half of the time... and also partly because I have a crush on a girl in that class (even though I keep telling myself to stop getting crushes because they distract me too much... hey man, I can't help if I like girls :p)

Undead_Lives

I've always been told I looked older. But that's because of my height :p
School is tomorrow! Ack, summer is gone. I'll miss it.
Well, school isn't all that bad. I just hate homework I guess. Oh well, time to start a new year.

Fladian

| Well, I didn't mind the idea that I looked older than I was as much as the fact that people wouldn't stop bugging me about it. For example, on my birthday about a week ago, half of my.... acquaintances thought that I was 18, when I was actually 17. Then they would freak out and start saying stuff like "Dude! You look like you could be in college now!", etc.[/b]
| A few days after my birthday (mind you, my birthday was a disaster), some people tried to guess my age, getting the average on 16. Maybe I should keep my beard. :p My voice and personality are also to blame for the guess of my young age though. But still, as long as the people I care about know my real age (and can guess my real age, for that matter), then it doesn't matter, I guess... also, some people have a great reason for not guessing it: "I rather don't guess ages."
|
| Lately I am being guessed nearer to my real age, which is a relief. I'm somewhat closer to the average age of my class now.
|
|
Yeah, either i'm a college student who experienced a slight growth stunt, or a high school student who ages fast. take your pick :p[/b]
| Mwah. I looked (and it's argumentable if I acted like one) like an elementery kid when I was in my second year of High school. :p
|
|
... of course, probably one of the reasons I looked older is because I sported a nicely sized pair of sideburns, but I decided to shave them off cuz they made me scruffy-looking, lol[/b]
| If only I could introduce you to a friend of mine... Jan. His sideburns mix with his beard. That isn't too bad, in general, but the fact that he has red hair 'till his shoulders and painted his beard (and side burns) green (!!!), makes him look pretty... freaky. Not to mention that he has the body structure of a bear. :p (Big, tall, strong, stupid; but nice, nonetheless.)
|
|
Ah ha ha! That's hilarious. I wish I had a teacher that did.... whatever he was about to do (take a wild guess :p). They usually just bore me to death with their stupid lectures, which I don't really think have as much affect as they are intended. And I never do anything to get them mad at me personally, so I could just sit back and enjoy the show, lol.[/b]
| What he did? I could leave it to your imagination, but it usually varied, depending on the mood of that teacher at that moment. If he truly was a bit annoyed, then he gave a (quick) kick (not too hard, if it was too hard, he'd get fired), if he wasn't that annoyed and in a kind of funny mood... well, let's keep it with a gesture of "manly love." :p This teacher wasn't gay though... my whatever-that-class-is-called (chemistry?) teacher was gay.
|
|
To tell you the truth, I've never liked any of the history teachers I've had, but the one I've got now is awesome. He'll occasionally throw out a joke or comment to make his lessons more interesting, and whenever we're doing work in our book, he'll let us listen to rock music from his radio, ranging from the 70's to present day. Plus he has a poster of Van Helsing on his wall, which is one of my favorite movies, lol.[/b]
| Sounds a bit like Mr. Sol, which I mentioned earlier. He did similar stuff like that too. He claimed that he could work better with music, and just about everyone in our class at that time shared that feeling. The music he played varied a lot though, depending on what the class felt like. It's been over three years now, but I remember songs from Eminem and Pink quite clearly. Or was that only during English class... hmm...
|
| He was also a big fan of a football club (Vitesse, I think) and surely not too modest to hide it. I cannot remember how often he got in arguments with some classmates of mine about the results of that week. I never mixed myself in that.
|
| Which also was still memorable of him (besides that he was the teacher that organized the parties) to me is that he also shared my love towards the Irish accent. :p But that has more to do with our English class than the history one. After all this time, I truly am still grateful that he gave me the hardest test available of a class near the end of my High School carreer. "Give this a try," is what he said "This is the highest level we have available." Truth to be known - and what I hoped for - I didn't score a perfect score on it. Actually, the result I had was merely a decent score. He showed me how far I was still away from reaching something I was aiming for at that time.
|
|
But on the other hand, I'm currently failing that class (only two weeks in, that's pretty sad) cuz I've never been into history that much... with some exceptions.[/b]
| History never has been my strongest part, but I never really failed for it.
|
| Of classes that me failing was quite common would probably be:
| The High School's maths. My final results of maths are truly hilarious. (7, 4, 7, 4, 7)
| The High School's German. I dropped that class when I reached my third year, and picked it up in my second year of College and dropped it this year again to take Spanish instead. I only have good memories from my first second year of High School German and my second year of College.
| The College's Costing Price. This will undoubtly give me some nightmares at some times, which also counts for a lot of my classmates. Together with Liquidity and Trade, it were the general classes people failed for. I had no problem with the Liq. though.
| The College's Trade, was the hardest class I've ever had in my life, and I only barely made it through. Luck, being helped, being the favorite, all would probably play a role.
|
|
But of all the teachers I've ever had, my current Choir teacher is the best. He's like a 16-year-old in a 30-year-old body, lol. [/b]
I recall having teachers like that as well... a too young guy, in a too old body. My German teacher, Gunther, was one like that as example. Great guy, quitea shame thqat he was fired though. I'd really love to have another class of him.

|
It's impossible to get bored in that class... partly because we're standing and belting it half of the time... [/b]
Standing and belting? My apologies, but what do you mean (exactly) by that?

and also partly because I have a crush on a girl in that class (even though I keep telling myself to stop getting crushes because they distract me too much... hey man, I can't help if I like girls :p)
[/b]
Hmm... I can relate to that as well. As a matter of fact, the moment I am typing this I'm in a similar situation. I'm sitting right next to the girl I havea crush on as well.

Sorry for all the |'s. I wrote this on the intranet at school.

Alekill

well at my school we can only go to like 5 websites....
but anyway i have a reely nice teacher that i had last year he likes to joke around and you can skrew aroud and he doest reely care unless its actualy hearting something.

but i also have a teacher that rubs his nipples in gym class...........

Fladian

well at my school we can only go to like 5 websites....[/b]
The amount of sites we can visit is limited at my school as well, but the limitations aren't as strict as several other schools. With an exception of my administration study-course, some people just need the internet, regardless of what is going on. Sometimes I have to search up some stuff too.

Speaking of which, I'll probably have some non-official sites to visit today too at school. For a school assignment, that is. Wednesday is the hardest (and possibly the longest) day of my week.

but anyway i have a reely nice teacher that i had last year he likes to joke around and you can skrew aroud and he doest reely care unless its actualy hearting something.[/b]
Those teachers are great, but they are not necessarily the best in giving their classes. I truly loved having classes from Sol (High School) and Gunther (College), but I haven't seen any of them for quite a while... well, except Gunther on a photo. He was a student from the school I'm on, currently, and his photo hangs in the hallway. But, they were not really all that great in giving their class. If I had to compare the amount I learned between Gunther and Schieven, I'd easily go for Schieven.

"Work? Work in class? Why?" - Gunther
"So, where did we left off... um... eh... anyone?" - Gunther

but i also have a teacher that rubs his nipples in gym class...........
[/b]
*shivers*

That gay teacher I spoke of earlier did somehting what does remind me of it. He always pushed his... uh... 'most sensitive' parts against the sides (the corners) of a table. During my third year, I heard someone painted the side of one specific table where he was... 'rubbing' against. His entire pants got white. It was embarrassing for him, the guy who did it was expelled for a couple of days, but it did become famous on that school.

"I do truly hope that I never see Peters in a dark alley."

Alekill

well that teacher was also part of affair like 20 years ago
so lets tell that story *flashback* (not old enoupgh to have a flash back about 20 yrs ago but who cares)
sooooo
the teacher mr shick (i dont know how to spell his name but thats how it sounds) he and another teacher were haveing an affiar while the other teachers (a women) husband was also working at that same school!
eventualy the husband found a out and now this mr shick (nipple rubber) is married to the other teacher.
/closs flash back

so ya its a wierd story

Werbung: