Project Terrain

Fudgie

Heres a couple of pictures of the terrrain from one of my projects.
Feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
Note: No buildings have been added yet.

JPB1.jpg

JPB2.jpg

JPB3.jpg

JPB4.jpg

JPB5.jpg

Werbung:

Fudgie

Thanks for the feedback so far. So basically it sounds like I need to do a bit more of tile variation, add a couple doodads here and there then? Also, in case anyones wondering, the terrains for an aos map.

ragingspeedhorn

Yeah that's what you need to do. The lanes seem a bit too tight (small) for an aos map, but then again, it's hard to tell from a couple of screenshots, I may be wrong on that :)

But keep up the good work, how far in progress is this aos map of yours?

Fudgie

I took the screenshots in world editor, the image view is farther out then normal, but still I'll see how it is ingame once I get farther along with the map.

Edit: As for the progress, not really too far, just worked on the terrain so far. I had some units before, but I didn't like the size of the map so I restarted. Basically I'm 75% done with the terrain, just been busy lately.

Fudgie

JBPMap.jpg

Heres an above view of the map, haven't had much time to work on it recently, but I've pretty much finished the bottom left. You can basically see the bottom lane and middle lane. I'll probably do the same thing I did to the right half of the middle lane to the left half. Any ideas would be appreciated, well if you can actually see the layout.

The red x's are outposts.
The green x's are the main buildings.
The blue dots are towers.

The left side has no towers left since I'm still not done the terrain.

Only problem I'm having is something like a writers block, I guess in this case it would be a terrainer's block...

Squishy-1

make a waterfall on a tall cliff with some ice trolls (if ur making creeps).
and if you need any suggestions for spells im ur man i have a list from the project i was doing but cancelled

Fudgie

Well I have a waterfall, its at the top of the screen so it can't have stuff on top of the map, but maybe I'll make another up in the top left.

Waterfall.jpg

Theres another picture of it in my earlier posts, but not a good view of the top of it. Also, I do plan on having creeps.

As for you're offer for spells, that would be appreciated. Once I get the terraining done, I'll start work on other parts and then I guess I'll have a bigger clue of what kind of spells.

madman9800

Your terrane is very nice, but i think you are using too much of blizzards cliffs, there are ways to make cliffs with out using the blizzard ones, just raise some ground and use platue on it, and make some of it unwalkable...anyways nice job man.

Werbung:

Fudgie

I'm just slow. Probably gonna post a few more pictures soon, maybe I'll just add em to this post. As soon as this terrains done it should speed up a bit, cause I know basically what I plan to do with the rest of the map.