Nintendos best-selling games

article from IGN :

Nintendo revealed on Friday that six of its first party-published Wii games have sold more than a million copies combined around the world.

Wii Sports, its best performer, has sold upward of 11.1 million copies globally. Of course, that figure is unfair since the game shipped with the console in America and Europe. (The Japanese, however, bought it seperately.)

Wii Play has sold more than 6.3 million copies across the globe -- an amazing feat when you consider that the collection of minis is neither very compelling nor memorable.

Mario Party 8 has sold 2.9 million copies worldwide. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, 1.8 milion. And, the big surprise, Mario Strikers Charged with 1.3 million.

The fact that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is not on this list makes us cry. Also, for some strange reason, Nintendo doesn't list Twilight Princess, either, which supposedly has sold more than a million copies in America alone. We're a little confused.

Werbung:

Theherolink_1

Well....those games are okay because wii sports comes whit the wii wii play comes whit a controller and metroid prime 3 rocks! I don't agree whit mario party 8 thought:mellow:

Ryano

It's a disgrace that one of our best selling games only sold alot because it was packaged with a wiimote, don't you think?

Gdog

Rasande Bävern said:
article from IGN :

Nintendo revealed on Friday that six of its first party-published Wii games have sold more than a million copies combined around the world.

Wii Sports, its best performer, has sold upward of 11.1 million copies globally. Of course, that figure is unfair since the game shipped with the console in America and Europe. (The Japanese, however, bought it seperately.)

Wii Play has sold more than 6.3 million copies across the globe -- an amazing feat when you consider that the collection of minis is neither very compelling nor memorable.

Mario Party 8 has sold 2.9 million copies worldwide. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, 1.8 milion. And, the big surprise, Mario Strikers Charged with 1.3 million.

The fact that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is not on this list makes us cry. Also, for some strange reason, Nintendo doesn't list Twilight Princess, either, which supposedly has sold more than a million copies in America alone. We're a little confused.

wait, did you mean "the big surprise" for Mario Strikers sarcastically, because it really is not a big surprise to me...

beano

Mario Strikers is possibly the best first-party game on the Wii to date (Wii Sports doesn't count IMO as it's bundled). I'm just surprised it's been outsold by Big Brain Academy, although I'm sure the price tag helped.

Ryano said:
It's a disgrace that one of our best selling games only sold alot because it was packaged with a wiimote, don't you think?
I agree totally with you, it is sad....
Gdog said:
Rasande Bävern said:
article from IGN :

wait, did you mean "the big surprise" for Mario Strikers sarcastically, because it really is not a big surprise to me...
no i don´t think they meant it that way.

Zigurat

Rasande Bävern said:
Ryano said:
Its really bad...

I hope that Metroid will be on that list soon enough though otherwise something is wrong.

Gdog

Rasande Bävern said:
Ryano said:
Gdog said:
Rasande Bävern said:
article from IGN :

no i don´t think they meant it that way.

So wait, this was actually a surprise to them?!

Ryano

beano said:
Mario Strikers is possibly the best first-party game on the Wii to date (Wii Sports doesn't count IMO as it's bundled). I'm just surprised it's been outsold by Big Brain Academy, although I'm sure the price tag helped.

The best first party game so far is Metroid Prime 3 mate

Werbung: