New Wii Update

serpent01

Firmware 3.0U/E

moarwiishop1.jpg

Channels:

-Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
-Forecast Channel now displays the current condition (cloudy, raining, etc.) directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
-News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
-Message Board now has the "Today's Accomplishments" message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
-Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B (supposed to be a launch feature) but only to empty spaces.
-Calendar in Message Board no longer shows "Today's Accomplishment" only days as having messages.

shop_menu.jpg

Wii Shop Channel Overhauled:

-New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost (gone is the title screen bar that had linkable games)
-Titles You've Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
-New ways to browse
-Popular Titles (2 pages of 10 and includes launch games so not only based on recent info)
-Newest Additions remains the same
-Search for a title which can use partial names
-Search by Category
-System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each
-Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released (Nice logos!)
-Genre (different genres listed and amount of titles under each)

moarwiishop2.jpg

shop_menu3.jpg

shop_menu4.jpg

password_now_protected.jpg

address_book_move_name.jpg

moarwiishop3.jpg

moarwiishop5.jpg

Mod Chip Warning:

After you update and go back to the update section to before a "test update" you will be greeted with a message that says something to effect that if you have a modified Wii your console may be disabled or lock up. Mod Chippers owned? If you want to cancel you have to power down your system.

warning.jpg

From www.vooks.net

Werbung:

badboykane

serpent01 said:
Mod Chippers owned?

HA HA, Nintendo Owned, the update does not affect modified consoles.
I didn't even get a message about modified consoles on mine, LOL

I didn't think it would affect chips because it is a Nintendo Firmware update and the chip is not linked to the Nintendo firmware in any way.

This update is currently safe to update with a chip installed

All the warning on that screenshot above says is:

"If your Wii console has an unauthorized technical modification, this upgrade could cause inoperability of your console"

Its says "could cause" not "will cause", mine is fine and according to a chip developers website I visit most of the members on their have updated fine too.

Nintendo will have to come up with something better than that, hackers are always 1 step ahead, look at Sony's feeble attempts to stop piracy on the PSP with their updates and it still don't prevent piracy. LOL

I won't tell those of you with a modded Wii to update, that is up to you. I am just saying it was fine on mine and the other members on another forum I speak to and thats it.

EngWii

:yess:
Just got it aswell, the clock is a nice touch, and the shopping channel looks more organised.
It's nice to know that nintendo are still adding little touches to make our wiis better :D

Gdog

actually matt, all u need to do is have it update, and while its updating, spend ur time on wii pros while watchin tv :)

Werbung: