IS it JUST ME !

CuRRyINaHuRRy

Ok since the last steam update for CZ for me; everything is bold as hell now, some of the numbers appear funny. AND MAJOR FUCKIN' LAG AND BAD FPS!

oh and the point of all this:
FUCK STEAM !

Werbung:

CuRRyINaHuRRy

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369817

So i am not the only one; Im gonna wait it out for the bastards at valve to fix this shit; its just too horrible to play.

{Iceman}

Does anyone here have a problem where their FPS is around 60 (rather, it hovers between 59.5-60.0) but never changes, even though it should be way way bigger because there system pwns:

AMD Athalon 3000+ 1.8ghz
nVdia 6600 GT 128 mb
1 gig of ram, the good stuff

:?:

DigitalSword

Iceman, your speaking of the dilemna between your monitor refresh rate and an option in your video card called Vertical Sync, or VSYNC for short.

The theory is that VSYNC will sync the video card to match the setp refresh rate of your monitor so as to not damage the monitor.

However, VSYNC is old, and while it may produce steady results is really unescessary in todays age as monitors and lcd's have made great strides in weathering stress.

To remedy the situation and gain those precious frames, please do the following:

Cancel out any graphical programs, specifically cz.

Right click on your desktop and hit properties, then hit the display tab, then click on advanced.

this will bring up a window with a few tabs near the top.

Your looking for the tab named Monitor. Click that and you should a side-drop down arrow with a list of refresh rates in Hz.

while the check box underneath this list is checked, click the arrow and note your maximum, then uncheck the box and note its maximum.

with the box checked, the highest number is the refresh rate that the monitor can reportedly stand.

unchecked, is the refresh rate the video card can stand to produce.

CAUTION: just as overclocking a video card, making adjustments to some systems can cause errors. I and or we are not responsible in any way shape or form of damage YOU may cause to your machine.

Firstly, uncheck the box and set your refresh rate to the highest available. But use caution, if you have a CRT monitor, you have virtually no fear of damaging the monitor as they have been imrpoved in durability, however users with LCD Displays are still susceptible to the damage of a high Hz exchange and therefore I recommend at the most 75-85hz, no more. I have made this adjustment to roughly 20 systems with crt and lcd displays and have no issues just dont push your limits too hard. Many newer systems have backup programs and VPU protection to catch and reset if a setting will hurt your system but not all.

now that you have upped your refresh rate for the montor, you must now go to the tab at the top of the display properties window that shows your video adapter. For ati users, hit the propeties button or the catalyst button. For Nvidia users the list of selectable options will appear on the left of the window.

The option yoru looking for is called VSYNC, or Vertical Sync, and is by default always set to always on. Turn this to off or always off and the game will now set the refresh rate to the raised desktop/monitor setting.

to follow up this, you must also, if not already, type into your console:

fps_max 85

doing so will set the game engine to produce frames at 85 instead of the default 60.

85 is the average best framrate I could produce given all my systems and other before we would see a drop in frames during heavy action and smoke. once the heavy traffic began, we would lose frames, and it is rumored that keeping an uneven framrate will slow the game as it will gobble video memory. so yes, you can set these values higher, but it is not recommended for play.

Also, the game engine by default is set to produce a maximum of 100 fps, you can exceed that slo by giving the very popular command:

developer 1

While this can usually increase fram rates dramatically i have not seen any huge jump in the performance related with the skill of a player, and i conclude that the 85 fps. should be a decent high for everyone.

any q's feel free to ask.

|DS|

Ramon Knight

Damn, digi, i have a vid card question: all my 'movies' suddenly show the wrong time on all my media players (for example, they were 20 minutes, now they show as 8 minutes) i believe some frames are missing? I don't get exactly what's going on, but audio and video are sync'd - its just that the times are all much lower :(

DiLLa

you coulda just said ati that woulda been simple...

anywaysright click desktop..properties..settings...advanced...3d
i didt it for ded and opengl..

click custom settings turn vsync off should be the last option on the bottom..after you do this you have to click on the use custom settings box or it will go right back to default

Werbung:

Machiavelli

Puppet said:
Alright, let me make this simpler. For those of you who have Catalyst, where the hell is the vsync enable/disable.

I'll check when I get back from work. I forgot my ip so I can't remote desktop it, sorry.