I want some insight on map strategy.

WoRm5406

Dilla....

That is it!

Explain it!

All of it...

I got you quite a few rounds last night (1'st night of CZ being back up) but you came back with a vengance. Defender was even razzed at me... I know I have a clean system... (Only cauze I say it is)

I know you are not hacking Dilla so I want those strats.
Start out by telling us your:

system info
vid card type/settings
vid resoulution
connection type/speed
user cfg file settings (except those wall hack binds)
fps (average)

Geezes... Im getting this info in stone and Im gonna HS him every time he walks around a corner!!

Werbung:

DiLLa

LOL!! alright

system info
2600 AMD Athlon XP (2.1 ghz)
512 ram

vid card type/settings
ati radeon 9800 pro
the performance notch right before the last one...i dont go for quality in cz lol

vid resoulution
800x600

connection type/speed
wireless / not sure close to t1 if not t1 speed
user cfg file settings (except those wall hack binds)
dont expect u to look at all of this but i m sure w/e u might b lookn for will be in here i pasted my config
bind "TAB" "+showscores"
bind "ENTER" "+attack"
bind "ESCAPE" "escape"
bind "SPACE" "+jump"
bind "'" "+moveup"
bind "+" "sizeup"
bind "," "buyammo1"
bind "-" "sizedown"
bind "." "buyammo2"
bind "/" "+movedown"
bind "0" "slot10"
bind "1" "slot1"
bind "2" "slot2"
bind "3" "slot3"
bind "4" "slot4"
bind "5" "slot5"
bind "6" "slot6"
bind "7" "slot7"
bind "8" "slot8"
bind "9" "slot9"
bind ";" "+mlook"
bind "=" "sizeup"
bind "a" "+moveleft"
bind "b" "buy"
bind "c" "radio3"
bind "d" "+moveright"
bind "e" "+use"
bind "f" "impulse 100"
bind "g" "drop"
bind "h" "+commandmenu"
bind "i" "showbriefing"
bind "j" "cheer"
bind "k" "+voicerecord"
bind "m" "chooseteam"
bind "n" "nightvision"
bind "o" "buyequip"
bind "q" "lastinv"
bind "r" "+reload"
bind "s" "+back"
bind "t" "impulse 201"
bind "u" "messagemode2"
bind "w" "+forward"
bind "x" "radio2"
bind "y" "messagemode"
bind "z" "radio1"
bind "[" "invprev"
bind "]" "invnext"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"
bind "~" "toggleconsole"
bind "UPARROW" "+forward"
bind "DOWNARROW" "+back"
bind "LEFTARROW" "+left"
bind "RIGHTARROW" "+right"
bind "ALT" "+strafe"
bind "CTRL" "+duck"
bind "SHIFT" "+speed"
bind "F1" "autobuy"
bind "F2" "rebuy"
bind "F5" "snapshot"
bind "F6" "save quick"
bind "F7" "load quick"
bind "F10" "quit prompt"
bind "INS" "+klook"
bind "PGDN" "+lookdown"
bind "PGUP" "+lookup"
bind "END" "centerview"
bind "MWHEELDOWN" "invnext"
bind "MWHEELUP" "invprev"
bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"
bind "MOUSE2" "+attack2"
bind "PAUSE" "pause"
voice_modenable "1.000000"
voice_scale "0.750000"
MP3Volume "0.800000"
name "Player"
bottomcolor "6"
topcolor "30"
model "gordon"
rate "2500.000000"
s_eax "0.000000"
s_a3d "0.000000"
volume "0.800000"
hisound "1.000000"
suitvolume "0.250000"
bgmvolume "1.000000"
gamma "2.500000"
brightness "1.000000"
viewsize "120.000000"
sensitivity "3.000000"
d_spriteskip "0.000000"
cl_himodels "0.000000"
console "1.000000"
sv_aim "1.000000"
joystick "0.000000"
m_filter "0.000000"
_windowed_mouse "0.000000"
crosshair "1.000000"
lookspring "0.000000"
m_pitch "0.022000"
lookstrafe "0.000000"
+jlook
+mlook
cl_timeout 300
bind "n" stopsound
exec userconfig.cfg

fps (average) 85 probably...it never goes under 60-65 and it spikes at 100

DiLLa

strats...i dont really have strats besides the fact that i always watch my radar when i see ppl die i kno where it ccame from

and pay attention to the various sounds that are made in different maps...that usually clues u in if they are on ground dirt pavement sound is a crucial key to this game :)

DiLLa

im not sure i understand wut u mean puppet but if u are talkn about the bottom where it says exec userconfig.cfg...i forgot to add autoexec :p

thats was a command line put into the config so when ppl come over and chnge all the fukn buttons it will go back to wut i set it at when they exit

rocklee

I know this was directed towards Dilla, but I just wanted to add some points.

-Learn the recoil on the gun, each gun has a different recoil, so if you can manage to shoot in the same spot with 3-5 bullets, you have a better chance of killing a person. Guns like the mpNavy have small recoil but small damage too. I've hit someone with 11 bullets once and they still didn't die, while an AK can kill someone 1-3 shots depending where they hit you. But the mpNavy is good for HSs, all you do is AIM high for the head.

-As for map strats, just know the map. Understand the sounds of the map, if you hear someone running on gravel, and you know theres only some places with gravel, you've already isolated where your opponent is. If you can hear them, you know your already in the near vacinity. From this point, know where the hiding spots can be where you heard the sound, this way you can check them systematically as you survey the area. Of course if your opponent is walking and not making large jumps, your pretty much left to luck and skill.

- I can think of other things, but I think these 2 are the most basic but also the most important. Knowing your gun and knowing your terrain... its the same advice Generals know during a battle. It also helps to know who your going against. I check the Team list often during a round, its good to know how many are left on the other team and since we usually have regulars on the server, you have a general idea of their skill level.

Ok enough from my stupid self. Hope this helps little....

Puppet

Yea Slick, but I read online somewhere that Dilla is doing the right thing. The higher the res, the more the rendering and therefore a performance effect (unmeasurable by me, but it sounds good).

Hypnos

hey puppet,

do you have a list of the fancy tricks you used to riase your Source FPS for CZ? My fps drops down to the lower 30s when I get in a big gun fight like during a rush across bridge in Aztec.

Also, I have AA turned on, but I raised the refresh rate of my monitor to 80 but in game the fps stays at 60. Any ideas why? Shouldn't it stay pegged at 80?

Puppet

No actually I don't, but I think we can safely say that if you got excellent fps in Source then you should be getting super excellent fps in CZ. Therefore, there has to be something wrong with your settings. You have an autoexec.cfg and a userconfig.cfg in the following folder:

C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\hypnos_email@someplace.com\condition zero\cstrike

If you did it right then you left the autoexec.cfg alone and entered your customized settings into the userconfig.cfg. I tell you all this because it is important you check both.

Dilla's config file in the above post looks pretty good to me. It has some optimal settings in it, but clearly the important settings for you are:
fps_max (set this to the refresh rate of your monitor +5)
cl_updaterate
rate
cl_cmdrate

These rates should really be personalized because everyone is going to be optimized different for these. It's best to start with a set of values and then go into an empty server and change them and see the effect. You will need to go to console and enter net_graph 1 so that you can see your current fps and choke/loss. Try different numbers and see what gives you lowest ping and highest FPS. If you want to start with the numbers that I have optimized to then here they are:
rate = 20000
cl_updaterate 25
cl_cmdrate 120

If you're still having troubles after playing with these then let us know. There are a lot of talented people in our forums that will give you even better tips than these.

Hypnos

Hey,

I went in and adjusted the settings you mentioned and they helped alot. I turned v-sync off and it boosted my fps to 90 and it stayed there pretty consistantly, sometimes it would drop down into the lower 70s and upper 60s on italy when I was on the bridge by apt shooting at 2 guys.
The only thing about v-sync off is that I can see the edges of buildings getting redrawn as I move forward, backward, or side to side. So with all the rates and stuff set I turned v-sync back on and it seems to stay at 60 very consistantly.
Where I'm confused though is why it stays at 60fps if I set my monitor to 85Mhz. Shouldn't the v-sync force the fps to stay at 85 instead of 60?

Even if noone can answer that one changing the settings puppet mentioned helped alot...not nearly as much lag in battle situations....in fact I went 21-6 last night on de_inferno as a T. Of course I was just following Dilla around killing what he missed.

WoRm5406

You realize that this thread was ment as a joke at first?

But now it has proved some good information.

Thanks for keeping it up guys... I didnt mean to steal any frie from your post puppet in the general section... Maybe we can combine these threads. I know there are a few of them.

Werbung: