Balance Wars .10 Beta Update

TerranUp16

I just made the terrain for functionality atm, and will add some "goodies" and what not in later, but my whole stand on terrain is that it can look like the most artistic terrain ever created, but if it's not functional it sucks (that excludes terrain done specifically as art to post screenshots of and whatnot). I will say though that the terrain in the Guard Wars will be much more flamboyant, but there will be a few things allowing us to do that in the GW that will not be available for BW.

Btw, the Human units are all checking in as balanced atm (well enough that we can move onto the next stage; basically, at this statge I just wanted each unit "within range" of the others, b/c there are going to be a lot more factors thrown in over the next few weeks that will skew balance anyway, but would even more so had we not done the testing we'd done), so the next test will include one hero. Why just one hero? Mainly b/c I want to study the impact of heroes on the current stripped-down game as a whole, and still am balancing units and not heroes.

Werbung:

Shadarak

Well good thing I'm all set in case you start the next testing, that is.

I made certain that I didn't spend too long playing the Black Company.

@Viper> Don't worry about it. Your not the only one who missed it (if that's what your saying).

TerranUp16

Aye, I haven't had as much time lately to work on it as I'd have liked due to the start of school, and numerous other distractions.

Shadarak

I might be able to take over for testing, that is, once my BenQ Monitor is back up and working so that wc3 doesn't mess up on me (therefore preventing me from seeing whatever the heck I should see) and if I get the further updated map to help test.

However, until my dad finally gets the BenQ Monitor back up and working (so that he can swap it with this KDS one), I'll be unable to help host.

TerranUp16

I haven't even been able to really do anything with the map this week. I may get some time tomorrow, and I'll add Rally Points and Mass Atk systems in and work on heroes.

TerranUp16

Ach Wulf, your lack of faith is fairly disturbing. Well, actually, it's more your ignorance. BW is indeed different. Yes, it is still based off of the same general Footies formula, HOWEVER, it is the only Footmen Wars map that I've yet seen where heroes do not dominate. Heroes will provide support, and they will help turn the tide of battle, but they can't do it for you.

Also, BW is far depper tactically and strategically, so much so that calling it a type of Footmen Wars map is an insult. I highly suggest you play the original BW (Beta F), as even though that is fairly outdated, and even though the new version is being built from scratch-up, the old BW at least gives some insight as to how the new version will be.

Really Wulf, you should hold your toungue until you've actually played the new version. Speaking of which, you can help test it if you want.

Werewulf

its my opinion.

iv played the old bw and thats enough of the core of seeing what would be in it and whats already in it.
and iv played quite afew of footies maps.

and holding my tongue? oh trust me, im fricking holding my tongue with nails!

TerranUp16

Whatever. The new version is being built from scratch, differs greatly, and will exhibit much better design, as I've grown greatly as a designer since I first designed BW.

Werbung: