I need help with modeling!!

Tenebrae

Okay, as you guys have probably already established, i'm a noob with the whole modeling/skinning thing. So here's the deal. I'm trying to make a model of Drizzt Do'Urden by putting an elven priest's head on a demon hunter's body and reskinning it. But I have no idea how to use the modeling program I've got. Could someone tell me which modeling program is best to use, and then a tutorial on how to use it? I also need help with animations. Thanks! :D

Werbung:

Werewulf

http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/download.html
use geoset merger,to add the head.
get vertex mod tool and delete the elven priests head and then pos it then save it as a geoset, and then get the geoset merger and merge them but keep the same path and make texute type as none i think or alpha or trans.
but u need yobgul or wat ever converter, they need to be mdl.

Splatt

Hold on Werewulf...the poor guy probably didn't get a thing you said/post,so i'll just "translate" what you said =)

1.http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/download.html

2.Download all the tools

3.Extract Elven Priest(use Wc3viewer for that =) )

4.Convert it to .mdl with Yobgul's file converter(or w/e)

5.Open it in Vertex Modifier

6.Find a geoset which holds elven head,and if there are some body parts and stuff there,delete them.

7.Save the elven head.

8.Extract Demon Hunter.

9.Convert him to .mdl

10.Open it in Vertex Modifier

11.Delete the head.

12.Use geoset merger to merge elven's head to demon hunter's body
=============================================
I think there is a tutorial on wc3sear.ch for geoset merger =)
It has pictures!!!!

Tenebrae

Crap!! Nothing works! I deleted the head from the DH's body, deleted the body of the priest and saved his head as a geoset, opened the DH body in Warcraft 3 Model Editor, imported the head and attached it to the friggin Bone_head thing! The head isn't sticking out of his butt anymore, but its still not appearing! What must i do!!!.... I deleted all of the geosets on the DH except for his body and his forearms. Does that have anything to do with it?
:troll:

Werewulf

hmm.. maybe u didnt get the texture right or hes head in he's body. but test it in a anim to see if its there.
and just vertex delete the DH head, dont touch the other geosets or u will feck it up.

Werbung: