Does this happen to anyone?

RaNcid

Is it just cause my graphics card is crap?

dust2crap5iy.jpg

The screen flashes black and then the map turns like this sometimes.

When I lose all the text, the screen flashes red and then all the text is gone from amx to hud.

Werbung:
It can be two things. One, it could be a virus attacking your vid driver OR your vid card is giving out. I have no idea how it happened to me but when this happen it killed my card. Had a dell guy come over and got a new card free. When he was installing on my cpu we found a virus near the driver area and luckily took it off.

THis is how mine looked...

dedust2cz01612th.png

RaNcid

oh wow, I've had that happen before, except it was black and greenish. I thought it was badass matrix looking so I just played for alittle while and reconnected to get it back to normal.

RaNcid

oh, forgot. So the anti-virus doesn't pick up anything...

Not to long ago, I was playing CZ and I heard a pop. (Some of you might remember) After that the graphics card went hella down hill. I guess it's just time to get a new one.

Omni, do you have any extras? I'll meet you in Vegas between the 12th and 19th of dec. to get it. I'll be in Victorville, CA for that time period. lounging in meh sugar mommas hot tub say what say what you dirty buzzard.

mYth

RaNcid said:
oh, forgot. So the anti-virus doesn't pick up anything...

Not to long ago, I was playing CZ and I heard a pop. (Some of you might remember) After that the graphics card went hella down hill. I guess it's just time to get a new one.

I remember u said that and I've seen this happen to people lots of times over my years as a IT Engineer....#1 cause is GPU Overheat, followed by #2 cause being either too much (i.e. shit blowin up) or not enough power (i.e. underrun) reaching the card. The pop sound is the clue that should tell u it's time to retire that POS and get a new one. When u yank it out, look on the back side of it and see if ther are any brown/black spots on the board(or if it's fan-cooled, when u apply power to it and the fan doesn't rotate). Then u'll know.

Werbung:

DiLLa

yeh i was gonna say look at the back of the card too :p since you heard a pop..and nice sig btw lol..i have started a bad trend it seems