Does anybody know anything about backing Wii VC games onto CD-Roms?

Werbung:

BeatMario

Unless you find the "wii's code"...
Which can be done by comparing the 2 of the same VC games from different wiis.
I don't know if that's true though.
I cba to do it, and I don't know how to get the VC games onto the SD.

Ash

I imagine they will be a way some how......but then again nintendo may have stoped every possible way?

micro.pw

The VC games are locked via wii code, and mac code- you can see this in many hex reading (etc) programs- but its really not worth the time of trying to crack them. Lets all wait for a rom emulator for wii linux. Illegal- yes (unless you own the original game), but also free.

Fängan

i think that is a bad idea by nintendo to lock the games so it can only be played at the condole that bought it, would have been better if they made them impossible to copy, that way u can take the game to a friend and show it for him and then he wants to buy it too:p

BeatMario

Fängan said:
i think that is a bad idea by nintendo to lock the games so it can only be played at the condole that bought it, would have been better if they made them impossible to copy, that way u can take the game to a friend and show it for him and then he wants to buy it too:p

Hold on, what?

You don't like that they lock the games so only the buying console can play it, but you want them to make it impossible to copy the games...?
O...kay.

Werbung:

badboykane

Its illegal if you don't own the original, according to copyright laws in some countries including UK if you own the original you are perfectly entitled to make a copy of it and if you ever sell the original then you must destroy the copy within 24hrs.
Wii games can not be copied direct anyway, you need a certain LG dvd-rom and some software to rip the iso from the disc.

I do the same with music cd's in my car, I am one who downloads music but I do actually own over 1000 original cd's, the ones I want in my car I copy, the reason why is if my car gets broken into there is only a few quid of cd-r's to nick rather than £100's worth of real cd's, goes the same for the Wii and any console, why risk the kids damaging the discs when you can just let em play a copy and if it breaks does it matter.