Concerts / Festivals

PiRho

Concerts, at least in my experience, are so rediculously loud, you can hardly hear the details of the music nor can you enjoy it as much. I prefer to just buy a CD and listen on a good sound system.

Plus, such loud sound levels are damaging to your ears.

Quieter festivals that are more organized...I do like those. They have a much more comfortable atmosphere in which you can enjoy the music.

Werbung:
Werbung:

Fladian

Love music, just don't love the concert scene. Too many get out of hand, and I'm not interested in that.
Besides that, I'm not a guy to wait all night in line to get tix :p
Then go to concerts that doesn't require tickets. I always did. I am hesitating of going to Enschede just for an hour performance of Guus Meeuwis though. I need to get a ticket for that...

Concerts, at least in my experience, are so rediculously loud, you can hardly hear the details of the music nor can you enjoy it as much. I prefer to just buy a CD and listen on a good sound system.
Concerts are (often) for a large amount of people. If they wouldn't put it load, half of the people wouldn't hear a thing. At Koninginnedag last year (first post) there were more than 300,000 people. You can't keep the sound low then. Seeing artists perform live is always better than hearing them on a CD, radio or anything else for that matter. It has a... special thing.
The feeling I got when I was dancing on the beat of Tiesto, or the screaming I did when Jamie Cullum was performing is something I could never do in front of my radio or when listening to a CD.

Plus, such loud sound levels are damaging to your ears.
A friend and I can relate to that. She said she nearly got deaf on one ear because of something similar.

I, for one, went to a small concert of a rapper and a dj on my graduation day. Even though I was planning of mixing myself in the crowd (I was alone), I met an old friend near the sound boxes. The moment we saw each other we started talking and continued to talk when Brace (the rapper) was performing but also when DJ Barry Paf (see first post for a pic. of him) was mixing. But because we stood in front of a sound box for a small four hours straight, I was practically deaf on one side for a little while and I didn't have much of a voice left (you had to shout to understand each other) when we left for my graduation ceremony. Regardless, it all ended well.
I like it when I don't have a voice left at the end of a day and when my legs are killing me. They are the proof that I liked it. Even though walking, dancing and jumping for 10 hours straight is a bit too much... not to mention that we had to walk home. That was... painful, and trust me, I'll never do so again. Next year I'll bring a car.

Quieter festivals that are more organized...I do like those. They have a much more comfortable atmosphere in which you can enjoy the music.
I don't like that. I prefer a crowded place when going to concerts. Even though there are (smaller) concerts I'd probably attend to which are more quiet, but that would completely depend on the artist/band. A short time ago, Jamie Cullum performed in the Netherlands in a small hall. Guus Meeuwis will do so too on a short base. I am planning of seeing the latter one, but a trip to Enschede (for an hour) might be a bit too short for me. Not to mention that I can't guarantee of getting home that same day - which I'll have to.