• Nah, no thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Undead_Lives

Would you like to see a Story Contest happen here?
I'm think that if yes, we would have a few judges (myself included) and then maybe even open it up to see what the public thinks.
Who can join? Anybody. Whether it is your map's story, one you just made up, or whatever, you can enter it.
However, I think there will be a limit to how many stories a single user can submit. This prevents us from getting too many entries, and from a single user having half the entries to his/herself, making their chances better. Also, no poems/non-story entries will be accepted. Only stories please.
What about prizes? Well, since the reputation system is up, I can give reputation to the winner, and possible to second and third. Finally, you'll be looked upon as having the best story :D
Anyways, tell me what you think.

Werbung:

Kem Rixen

I say one story per member is most likely work the best, if you do this I'll submit a story, a new one at that.

Fladian

I'll probably join as well if I can muster something up... though I'm quite neutral when it comes to the question if I want a contest, or not.

Splatt

I think it's a nice idea =)
I would probably join the contest,either as judge(if possible) or as an contestant.

Undead_Lives

How about both?
Do you think judges could also submit stories (of course they could not rate their own stories)?
Oh, and also, who wants to be a judge? (other than Splatt)

This is really good timing, I'm in the midst of writing my first ACTUAL story. Also at the time of my posting Yes's are in the lead so, when will the poll close? And once it does I (we the paricitpants) will need the due date for our entries. (Don't be too rushed) I will participate.

-Dest

P.S. Is there going to be a certain judging/rubric kind of thing?

Fladian

I remain interested in writing a story myself, of course. But I don't think that came much as a surprise, now does it? :p
As for the judging itself. Judging isn't my strongest part, and will never be a very strong part of me, but I am able to if necessary.

ragingspeedhorn

I would say this should happen, but on that note I think it should happen after the other contest which has just started is finnished.
Then I am sure this could be an official Anvil contest aswell and by that include some better prizes than just a little + in the reputation bar :)

My 5 cents about what the contest should be about and with rules and such I think it should have some sort of "theme" but not like "c0oL VamP stoRy Plz", more like "fantasy, horror, love", that sorta stuff. 1 entry per person should be the max and the deadline should be somewhere around 1? month or so :)

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

I don't want to really make a theme raging. You see, if there was, then people wouldn't join.
For example, if the theme was romance, I would never join. Sci-fi...maybe.
But that is the reason.
Also, there are too few people here to have a theme and still get enough interest. Maybe later.
Finally, I am PMing all those that are interested in judging, and those I would like to have as judges :p

Status
Not open for further replies.