• Nah, no thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ragingspeedhorn

Without a theme it would be imposible to judge the entries properly as the storys could be so diferent in so many ways. But it is your contest, do as you like ;)

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

I'm thinking the stories will be judged the good 'ol (well not really :p) fashioned way.

1. Grammar/Spelling
2. Concept
3. Storytelling

Any other ideas for what to rate will be considered and are appreciated.

Undead_Lives

Good point.
Ok, revised rating system:

1. Grammar/Spelling /15
2. Originality/Creativity /15
3. Descriptions /15
4. Flow/Storytelling /20
5. Character Development /15
6. My Thoughts. /20
Total /100

(Yes, I want to see your character develop. By the way, so far I am the only judge and I'm a hard marker :p)
Edited to include My thoughts and what the scores are out of. Now that there is "My Thoughts" ya gotta impress me :p

So what do you think?

Kem Rixen

Oh yeah! My story is great in all of these things (wih some exceptions) but yeah...
Is there a limit in size of the story? Minimum, maximum? [/b]
When it stops being a short story and turns into a novel =P

When it stops being a short story and turns into a novel =P
[/b]
Crap...I'm going on 5 pages (Times New Roman, 12pt font)

Please be more specific :p

PS. It takes a while for me to get the setting, characters, and society on it's way...The first 3 pages are pretty much about the town and the character and such. The real story starts happening near the very end of the 3rd page. Maybe fladian will become a judge, he could read my story :p

Fladian

Crap...I'm going on 5 pages (Times New Roman, 12pt font)[/b]
Five pages? Don't worry, I'll catch up. Five pages aren't that many.

PS. It takes a while for me to get the setting, characters, and society on it's way...The first 3 pages are pretty much about the town and the character and such. The real story starts happening near the very end of the 3rd page. [/b]
Ah, now that's what I like. A good introduction with the necessary details. I don't like most stories that immediately switch to action.
I quickly entered some action in If and only if because the chances were high that people would lose interest at the start. Introductions aren't my strongest part.

Maybe fladian will become a judge, he could read my story :p
[/b]
Being a judge or not, Hunter, I'll read it anyway. Don't praise yourself with thinking you wrote much. I'm stil champ in that ;)

If there is a 'maximum' on writing, I'll immediately get out. :p

Undead_Lives

No theme, no need. Write whatever you want :D
And there is a limit, yes. Please try to keep it under 10 000 words (Use Word Count to check) and Fladian is a judge. Splatt will also probably be a judge.
Since there are more judges, all the judges can also submit stories, however they cannot rate their own stories, the other two judges will rate them.
The judges will then discuss each story, and we will decide who wins.
Also, Arkidas has approved the contest, it's happening after the current one ends.
Finally, there will be more prizes other than rep. :D

Fladian

10.000 words... I might need to recheck that when I start writing. Hunter, I suggest you do the same. 10.000 words isn't as much as it sounds.

10.000 words... I might need to recheck that when I start writing. Hunter, I suggest you do the same. 10.000 words isn't as much as it sounds.
[/b]
1,860 words and counting. I doubt I'll reach 10K...or will I? ;)

Well Fladian I wasn't saying I was better than anyone, I was just saying I obviously wrote a lot more than people normally write...Don't worry Fladian you will always be #1 in stories!

Fladian

Hehe :p I was not saying that you actually tried to beat me in such things. :p But feel free to try (and do so, as well).

Werbung:
Status
Not open for further replies.