sound 2 good for $1500?

Werbung:

rocklee

You need to calm down dude....

BTW, as of this moment, it'll be 11 hrs 36 mins until its officially Friday, but even UPS won't work at Midnight, so the wait is longer. So You will have to wait at least 19 hrs and 35 minutes and thats if the UPS truck is at your door at 8am. But lets be resonable, lets give them an hour to get to your house if you were first in line for the delivery, so its 20 hrs and 34 minutes. But lets just say you were the last delivery, and the last delivery happened at 6pm tomorrow, that would leave you with 29 hrs, and 33 minutes. Thats over a day! Just be patient dad, good things come to those who wait. You can do it!

lol, I just havn't had an upgrade in almost 2 years. and having to share my box with 3 kids and a wife the last 4 days is killin me.

I noticed somthing when looking at video cards online. the plug on the outside of the card is difirent than the monitor plug I have now. What do I need to have to plug in to the new cards? do I have to get a new monitor?

rocklee

The computer should come with a DVI to Analog converter. DVI is the new weird looking plug and the Analog is the 15 pin one we're all used to. All new Dells come with these if the video card comes in DVI.

If it doesn't come with it call Dell and yell at them! Or just go to your local Best Buy or CompUSA and they'll have it.

Its really small too, its like a small stub that you plug into the video output.

ok so the DVI is what the newest gen of monitors will be available with on the shelf now, cool. already ready to replace my new monitor. I wonder if the mrs will go for a 22" crt and I can give this old(3 months) 19"lcd to the kids.

rocklee

JustAnotherStayAtHomeDad said:
ok so the DVI is what the newest gen of monitors will be available with on the shelf now, cool. already ready to replace my new monitor. I wonder if the mrs will go for a 22" crt and I can give this old(3 months) 19"lcd to the kids.

Be careful dad, not all Monitors come with DVI, only LCDs do. But not all LCDs have DVI either. You should check before you buy it. The DVI just give you a better digital quality (so more eye candy from your new comp) You also want a good Response Time on the monitor. Generally, the larger the monitor, the higher the response time. You want something around 8ms. Most common 19'' LCDs howadays have 25ms response time so its not so great with gaming. Some 19'' LCDs have 16ms response time and those aren't so bad. Also, they DO however have some 19'' Samsung monitors that do have 8ms response time. Those are pricey tho. So choose carefully when you choose a new one. (Response time = lower is better: 8ms better than 25 ms)

On top of that you want a nice contrast ratio, good viewing angles, and decent resolution.

=) Have fun!

imported_SuXoR

Sorry Daddy, but the DVI output is for digital displays- ie. LCD. You can still tell the boss that you need a new monitor though 8)

edit-

Yeah, LCDs are nice, I had a 17" NEC with plenty of response time (I think 17 ms) but the contrast ratio was only 400:1. So when I played cs I often could not see ppl in shadows because of the poor dark gray-black peformance. Just something to keep in mind.

rocklee

JustAnotherStayAtHomeDad said:
12:30 P.M.
E. SYRACUSE, NY, US
ARRIVAL SCAN

damn I can drive there in 2 hours, wonder if they will let me pick it up?

UPS won't allow you to pick it up until after its first attempt to deliver the package. I've asked b4 =)

rocklee

Size: 19"
Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.294
Brightness: 260 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 600:1
Viewing Angle (H/V): 160/150
Response Time (ms): 12
Aspect Ratio: 5:4
Interface: Analog

Not bad. 12 ms response time and 600:1 contrast ratio makes it pretty decent for a Gaming Monitor. I'd keep the one you have if I were you unless you have extra money to spend. If thats the case, just wire it to me and I'll make sure it gets used in a rewarding way =D

I don't mind spending money now and again, but I am also the guy that will dumpster dive when the mood hits me, or dig through trashcans if it looks like there might be somthing intresting or usefull.

I guess I will get along with my old school LCD for another couple years (my last monitor by SUN Microsystems lasted 6 years)

Werbung: