1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

Samsung To Be The Maker OF Vita's CPU

Discussion in 'Sony Playstation - PS3, Vita, PS2' started by wendellvan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. wendellvan

wendellvan New Member

Source:HERE

I'm quite surprised to know that Samsung will be the maker of PS Vita's CPU since Sony didn't mentioned anything about this on their earlier updates and news. I have no doubts on Samsung to be the maker since Samsung is a well-established company known as experts on developing gadgets and appliances. I hope that with the aid of Samsung, the quality of the PS Vita will be much better.

2. omarfw

omarfw Member

I'm not sure if this is good or not. Samsung doesn't have a reputation for low quality products by any means, but they certainly don't specialize in CPUs like AMD, Intel and Motorola do.

3. wendellvan

wendellvan New Member

I feel the same way. I know that Samsung is great for what they do but I somewhat feel weird about Samsung being PS Vita's CPU maker. The only thing we can do about this is just hope that Samsung doesn't screw with this one. I also trust Sony for making this decision and if they are really confident about this matter, then I think there is no need for us fans to get worried.

4. Chance

Chance New Member

Hmm, I think Samsung will do just fine. I don't think Sony would make a bad decision when it comes to picking their CPU developer. I agree with AMD and Intel would probably be a better choice but I still feel Samsung can get the job done, right.

5. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Member

I have to agree with most of the people above.

A normal chip manufacturer would have probably been better. But to be fair, I'm sure Sony realized that. So there must be something Samsung is doing with their tech that is giving them some sort of edge we're unaware of.

That's the only explanation I can think of on that.